User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

In direct words it shows nearly nothing. Some minor details like what I am studying and where, and maybe one or two sites that I "like".

Indirectly though it shows that I am forever alone.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

My Facebook page is actually fairly honest about who I am, I think. Lots of travel pics, lots of literature quotations, friendly interactions with a variety of friends and acquaintances, musings about life and human nature, etc.

I think however that it's not so accurate in the following ways:

-I tend to come off a bit more dramatic than I am, in some of my comments (ie. if life is giving me dark moments, I can act out about those rather dramatically on FB sometimes)
    -I look like more of a socialite than I am
    -I probably come off more bubbly/silly than I fundamentally am

I wouldn't say those are impressions I've tried to cultivate, but the FB environment tends to push me to emphasize those aspects of my personality, I guess.

Interestingly, though, I can think of a few people who are not on FB or who I'm not FB friends with who nonetheless had the impression that I was more of a socialite than I really am. I can understand how people could get that impression from FB but in other respects it surprises me. There must be something about the way I present myself which encourages that perception.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Nothing, and it tells some lies about the person whose name I use.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Not much in the way of likes or status updates or comments. Probably shows that I'm connected to family, lots of former students and a few friends. Sometimes I ask general questions if I need some expertise or an opinion on something I don't know much about.

I kind of feel like a lot of people have a Facebook persona that doesn't really jive with their real life. Usually it looks a lot happier and more glamorous. I also don't like status updates replacing communication with people I care about. I've tried to make a conscious effort to avoid doing that.

On the other hand, I'm not quite ready to ditch it because it transmits info fast and it is a central location where I can find contact info for a pretty wide variety of people. I also use it to communicate with my violin students' parents.

I don't think I'm especially secretive, but I don't think you'd learn a ton about me from my Facebook page, even though you could probably figure some things just by the collection of people I'm Facebook friends with (interest in music, general location, age etc).

My Facebook page is quite honest (for example I am not going to put arty movies or books on there that I don't truly like just to make myself look sophisticated and I try not to be too much like "Oh look, isn't everything just wonderful!" by trying to whitewash my life).

However I am quite private so I am very picky about what I put on there and it's also called Facebook and not "The depths of my soul"-book for a reason, I keep my public interaction on a quite superficial level, if you want to know what is really going on on the inside of me you have to meet me personally or sent me a personal message.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Not much. I very rarely actually post anything.

Bleh, too many overlapping spheres...
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Makes me looks sporty and weird. I guess it makes sense.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

garbage

I used to have a bunch of obviously fake information as a joke. I was closest to the people who "got it." The joke wore thin to me, so now it's all real information.

The things that I do post are generally crossposted to a few different sites and broadcast to the world. In general, if someone seeks me out, they find me. I don't have much of a boundary between, say, "work" and "personal" spheres.

Thankfully for everyone, I find life details ("Going to the movies!" "Thanks for hanging out!" "Mmm, look at this burger! Yum! Lol!! [picture of a burger]") to be extremely boring, so I don't post any--those details don't describe me well anyway. I also don't find social networking to be the best platform for life problems, so I don't post about them.

My background information is an accurate depiction of my hobbies, work, and interests. My day-to-day posts are attempts at motivational insights, creative packaging of my observations, and only the most significant things that occur in my life. The frequency of my posts is a pretty good indication of how happy I am.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I have hidden most of the information on it, so not much.

MBTI
    ESFJ

A place where people can tell me i'm weird.

My FB is kind of random. I enjoy going on it to see what's been posted in regards to tinnybuddha, humorous pictures, labspaces.net, TEDTV, Stumbleupon etc. I post the books on there via Kindle that i've read and although i converse via comments or just like something because i'm too lazy to type, mostly i talk via PM.

It's a great way of being there but still at a distance.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe