User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Pandora Radio

  1. #1
    Freaking Ratchet Rail Tracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,041

    Default Pandora Radio

    Love it, it is too bad non-U.S. residents "don't" get to use it.

    Being able to tune out certain genres or sounds by separating them or thumbing them down is great. Not only that, I've been finding new artists that I haven't really heard of/faintly remember the name of the artist.

    No such thing as mixing Nicki Minaj(Don't really listen to her... but she comes up quite a bit on radio.... she's ok though) to Justin Beiber(I don't listen to him either) or to "insert overly auto-tuned song"

    Slow Songs to my Slow Songs, Hard Rock to my Hard Rock, Pop to my Pop, Trance to my Trance and etc.

    Or at least, my kind of aforementioned genres.

  2. #2
    S Saiyan God Mace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te
    Posts
    2,141

    Default

    By Pandora I thought you meant the planet in Avatar.

  3. #3
    Freaking Ratchet Rail Tracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    By Pandora I thought you meant the planet in Avatar.
    Pfttttttt, I would of thought that your first thought would of been Pandora's Box.

  4. #4
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Check out Spotify. It's even better, because you get to choose whatever you want to listen to by band/album/song (not randomized). It has a great selection (don't really find much that isn't on there unless it's pretty obscure) and even better, it's free. If you're familiar with iTunes, the layout is similar so it's simple to use.

    www.spotify.com

  5. #5
    Freaking Ratchet Rail Tracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Check out Spotify. It's even better, because you get to choose whatever you want to listen to by band/album/song (not randomized). It has a great selection (don't really find much that isn't on there unless it's pretty obscure) and even better, it's free. If you're familiar with iTunes, the layout is similar so it's simple to use.

    www.spotify.com
    Well, technically Pandora is free (with advertisements.) What isn't free is the hardware or with no ads.

    But that is the reason why I like it, it is "random." And I have been customizing the way I listen to certain genres and it has been picking the songs based on so many criteria (including sound, instruments, and lyrics used.) I've have been able to find songs that I like better than hand-picking or hand-picking done by others.

  6. #6
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    Well, technically Pandora is free (with advertisements.) What isn't free is the hardware or with no ads.

    But that is the reason why I like it, it is "random." And I have been customizing the way I listen to certain genres and it has been picking the songs based on so many criteria (including sound, instruments, and lyrics used.) I've have been able to find songs that I like better than hand-picking or hand-picking done by others.
    Gotcha. Yeah, just depends what you're looking for. I just like that I can listen to whatever, whenever and for free. Pandora serves a purpose to for certain situations.

  7. #7
    Freaking Ratchet Rail Tracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Gotcha. Yeah, just depends what you're looking for. I just like that I can listen to whatever, whenever and for free. Pandora serves a purpose to for certain situations.
    Yeah, having to listen to the same songs over and over get tiring after a while.... and hand-picking them isn't always that great hahaha.

    But I think it is also a great way to single out a song for later when I really want to listen to that song more. I think, for today, I've found more songs that I've liked than I could in a whole month. I've also found quite a bit of artists that I either faintly know, or don't even know, that I've liked.

Similar Threads

  1. What's in your Pandora?
    By Cenomite in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-05-2009, 07:32 PM
  2. Pandora Radio
    By Haight in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-14-2008, 09:27 PM
  3. A look back to a May Radio Episode
    By ygolo in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-18-2008, 08:38 PM
  4. Misc music links - stuff you probably won't hear on the radio.
    By TenebrousReflection in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-04-2007, 03:32 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-06-2007, 09:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO