User Tag List

Thread: Pandora Radio

Default Pandora Radio

Love it, it is too bad non-U.S. residents "don't" get to use it.

Being able to tune out certain genres or sounds by separating them or thumbing them down is great. Not only that, I've been finding new artists that I haven't really heard of/faintly remember the name of the artist.

No such thing as mixing Nicki Minaj(Don't really listen to her... but she comes up quite a bit on radio.... she's ok though) to Justin Beiber(I don't listen to him either) or to "insert overly auto-tuned song"

Slow Songs to my Slow Songs, Hard Rock to my Hard Rock, Pop to my Pop, Trance to my Trance and etc.

Or at least, my kind of aforementioned genres.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

By Pandora I thought you meant the planet in Avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    By Pandora I thought you meant the planet in Avatar.
    Pfttttttt, I would of thought that your first thought would of been Pandora's Box.

MBTI
    ISTx

Check out Spotify. It's even better, because you get to choose whatever you want to listen to by band/album/song (not randomized). It has a great selection (don't really find much that isn't on there unless it's pretty obscure) and even better, it's free. If you're familiar with iTunes, the layout is similar so it's simple to use.

www.spotify.com

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Check out Spotify. It's even better, because you get to choose whatever you want to listen to by band/album/song (not randomized). It has a great selection (don't really find much that isn't on there unless it's pretty obscure) and even better, it's free. If you're familiar with iTunes, the layout is similar so it's simple to use.

www.spotify.com
    Well, technically Pandora is free (with advertisements.) What isn't free is the hardware or with no ads.

But that is the reason why I like it, it is "random." And I have been customizing the way I listen to certain genres and it has been picking the songs based on so many criteria (including sound, instruments, and lyrics used.) I've have been able to find songs that I like better than hand-picking or hand-picking done by others.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    Well, technically Pandora is free (with advertisements.) What isn't free is the hardware or with no ads.

But that is the reason why I like it, it is "random." And I have been customizing the way I listen to certain genres and it has been picking the songs based on so many criteria (including sound, instruments, and lyrics used.) I've have been able to find songs that I like better than hand-picking or hand-picking done by others.
    Gotcha. Yeah, just depends what you're looking for. I just like that I can listen to whatever, whenever and for free. Pandora serves a purpose to for certain situations.

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Gotcha. Yeah, just depends what you're looking for. I just like that I can listen to whatever, whenever and for free. Pandora serves a purpose to for certain situations.
    Yeah, having to listen to the same songs over and over get tiring after a while.... and hand-picking them isn't always that great hahaha.

But I think it is also a great way to single out a song for later when I really want to listen to that song more. I think, for today, I've found more songs that I've liked than I could in a whole month. I've also found quite a bit of artists that I either faintly know, or don't even know, that I've liked.