1 1.72%
  • 91-95

0 0%
  • 96-100

5 8.62%
123 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Default how many years do you FEEL like you have lived?

how many years you actually have lived is an easily measurable thing, but how many years do you FEEL like you've lived in that time period? have you lived a lot or have you only lived a little?

including actual age is optional, but please do indicate whether it's older or younger than you actually are!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

All of this is probably going to sound totally cliche and such, but the older I get, the more I lose track of how old I am and I also am starting to get to the point where I almost can't comprehend that my teenage years were the same person/same life as me right now. It's like.. I almost can't make sense of everything being just my ONE life.. that all of this is connected in one single mortality/existence. Anyway, yeah. It also depends; some days I think moments from my past feel like yesterday, and other days I can't even make sense of the past 12 months being only a year, and it seems longer. And in some ways I feel older than I am, but in many other ways I feel way younger at heart than those in my age group, and childlike in some ways. A lot of it though has to do with life 'stage' - I do not have children, and at almost-34 I very likely won't ever have children, so that sets me on a very different course from those who have families, with different sets of experiences.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

79,062, give or take.

thinking of you
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

MBTI
    INtP

I'm 40, and I answered 26-30 -- although in a lot of ways, I could have answered 21-25 as well (the only reason I didn't is that I'm much more burned out work-wise than I ever could have been at 23). Mostly, a lot of it's because I haven't really "lived", or gone through a lot of the life experiences that most people my age have.

Perhaps I only wish I was in my mid 20's again (okay, fair enough - I *do* wish this). I missed out on a lot of experiences that most people have in that age group -- I was either working, studying, or spending time on my computer.

What Cascade said is largely how I feel about it too -- I'm old enough that looking back it's sometimes hard to see myself as the same person that I was 20 years ago, and the years now go by *much* faster than they used to. But on the other hand, being single without kids, which is very unusual for people my age (at least among my friends and associates), sort of places me a younger "life stage" demographic. Perhaps most people who're single/childless sort of feel anchored in their late 20's -- old enough to be (and have been) a responsible adult on your own, but not particularly defined by responsibilities to family.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

on the other hand I've lived hard enough that I'm surprised when I look in the mirror that I look as young as I do... I've fit years of life into single months

and I still have to wonder if I'm a grownup
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett
    Likes Gentleman Jack liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I'm 22 and I only feel as if I've lived for 11-15 years. I really haven't done much with my life and I have so little experience outside my little world that it's disheartening when I think about it.
    We cast away priceless time in dreams, born of imagination, fed upon illusion, and put to death by reality. - Judy Garland

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I put down 0-5 because
    1) I hardly feel like I've lived at all (which is strange, since I feel older than I am), and
    2) I feel like a different person from year to year.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTP

I feel older and younger than what I am, and I always have. I have always had a bit of difficulty relating to those my exact age. This has worsened as life continues. Having no kids is definitely a factor.
    I feel as though I have had multiple lives.
    "It's never enough." The Cure

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I feel like I'm always in a rush to accomplish my goals and I end up forgetting about living.
    Perhaps someday I will be able to buy a house on a lake and enjoy a life without many concerns.
    Not 100% sure it would make my happy though.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

NPcomplete

I generally feel much younger than I am (3-4 years younger) but there are times when I feel like an old soul.

On the one hand, I don't feel like I've lived but on the other hand, I'm pretty proud of my accomplishments so far. Soooo, I don't know.

Edit: I kept thinking about this in my sleep and I think I'll always feel like a child gazing at the stars.