5 8.62%
First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

A couple thousand. I feel like this lifetime is a blink of an eye, that I was here before and I'll be here after, just changing forms but always existing.

curiouser and curiouser bluestripes's Avatar
    MBTI
    Fi
    Enneagram

i voted for 6-10 because i'm curious about life much the same way that younger school-age children are. i want to find out "why?" or "what things are made of" or "how things work". i collect various facts i had stumbled upon and found fascinating, even if they are well outside my usual interests - e.g., that the phenomenon of neutrinos could potentially explain poltergeist, how to dye wool using only vegetable pigments, that a solar sail can move due to the pressure of starlight and would measure several kilometers across, so it would have to constructed in open space, etc. to me, such bits of information are enjoyable in themselves. each tells a little more about how complex and intriguing the universe is.

i think i see this world as a wonderful place. sometimes it is hard to make sense of - it's too much, too overwhelming, with the wonder being more of the "alice in wonderland" sort. but it's still full of beauty and little, or not so little miracles just waiting to be discovered. enough to make me feel thankful just for being there. i guess i just drift along in a sort of semi-stunted state most of the time because the feel of my surroundings is a little inebriating in itself.

my perception of time is vague at best. in my teens it used to be next to nonexistent and i felt suspended, trapped in the "here and now". not that i didn't remember the past or did not anticipate the future and the possibilities it might bring - i did and, if anything, some of the dreams i had bordered on delusional - just that, as far as my subjective sense of time was concerned, it was difficult to step outside the immediate moment. the best i can explain this is that there was little continuity. when i thought about my life, it felt like a series of disconnected fragments, disparate "here and nows" strung together. now my sense of time seems to be closer to what one would consider usual, but whenever i stop to reflect, it all but disappears again. minutes stretch out and start to feel like eternity. there are times when i looked at the watch and was surprised that only an hour had passed while i was walking in the park thinking and taking in the sights, when it had felt like most of the day. or, in some cases, hours or days contract, unexpectedly, and i can't help wondering where they had gone.

i can also relate to what @kelric and @Tallulah have said about not having had many of the experiences people often think of as "essential" for a certain age, or just take for granted. my life until my mid teens was very sheltered and little changed even after i started to attend university lectures and to go out on my own more. i'm not sure whether i would have been more daring if my family made fewer attempts to control each other - perhaps, but, when it comes to that, i do prefer a peaceful, slow-paced lifestyle many wouldn't associate with a person in their teens or twenties (i am almost thirty). so i guess some might think i have missed out on a lot. not sure if that has contributed to the way i feel.
    Last edited by bluestripes; 02-21-2012 at 06:29 PM. Reason: awkward phrasing due to tiredness
    "i love deadlines. i like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." (c) douglas adams

"there are only two ways to live your life. one is as though nothing is a miracle. the other is as though everything is a miracle." (c) albert einstein

"if only i could grow with my eyes - like these leaves - into the depth" (c) sergei esenin

"god is in the details" (c) proverb
    Likes DulcetRefrain liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I feel like I am 35 but am older.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram

I feel as though i have lived 25 years or so. My life has been very eventful. back to being adopted (essentially) when I was 5. And before, being in several different foster homes.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I'm 19 and feel as though i've only lived 10, It feels like a lot of my childhood years are missing, or i'm losing memories of them.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Too many and not enough. Some days I'm feel so worn and incredibly old. Too much of my life has just been spent "surviving". There are days when I feel like I've been cheated, like I haven't lived and experienced enough. I feel like this despite having been married, raised children, etc.

I also feel like I'm still 27/28 years old. I'm surprised sometimes when I look at my birth date or have some other reminder that I'm not under 30 anymore. I'm past 35.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Hmm, I feel about 21 or 22. I am a few years older.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I am an old soul and almost home.

MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

I usually feel a little bit younger than I am, except for those rare moments of weariness where I feel much older.

The poll only goes to 100.
    The future is for the unafraid.