• 86-90

1 1.72%
  • 91-95

0 0%
  • 96-100

5 8.62%
First 1234 Last

ReflecTcelfeR

Interesting question. I feel like centuries have passed at times.

I feel like I have lived for 25 years, and I am the big 3-0 now.... .
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

I'm 25 but I don't feel 25. I'm pretty naive for my age, I'd say I feel like I've lived about 20 years or so. Sometimes when I'm doing adult things, I stop and think about them and say "Whoa, I can't believe I'm doing this" to myself.

I used to feel a lot older than I was when I was a kid but that feeling had long disappeared by the time I hit 17 or so.

Permabanned

I'm really too young to be feeling this old.
    It's about time you admit it, who you kiddin, man nobody's ever done it like I did it, ha!

No, seriously though, I feel I've been living forever. Probably has something to do with my childhood...being the firstborn, a father that left, being forced to drop out of high school to take care of family, struggling through community college, then a four year college...blah blah blah.

Bottom line is that I'm here.

MBTI
    INTP

I can relate a lot to what cascade and kelric said. I'm 39, and I've made myself face the idea because I don't want to be blindsided by 40. But I do NOT feel like a 40 year-old, and I don't feel like what I perceived 40 year-olds to be, even when I was in my 20s. However, I feel like I have a lot more wisdom and I feel a lot more settled and comfortable than I did at 25. But I don't have kids and a marriage to make me feel like a typical late 30s person. I still do whatever I want, whenever I want to. I have to deal with real life things, but they're not the center of my existence like they would be if I had to make sure someone didn't miss the bus or starve to death. Sometimes I remind myself that people my age have teenagers and even college age kids, and it freaks me right out. I still can't imagine myself as the mother of a kid, much less someone who's practically an adult. It took me a LONG time to even realize that people I went to school with who were having kids weren't too young to be having kids. Yeah, I was in denial, I guess. In many ways, I feel like a grownup, and in many ways, I think I'll always be the eternal kid. I think getting a bit older has made me realize that THIS is my life, rather than some idealistic thing in the future. So I think I'm going through a period of acceptance, which does make me feel a bit older than I did even a couple of years ago.

So, I guess my answer is, I feel about ten years younger than I am, most of the time, so 29 or so. But sometimes I feel like I've earned my age. I do feel a difference in perspective with each decade, though, so it's hard to be completely in denial about the number.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

When I was young, I felt much older than my peers. Then at some point things changed, and at 43 I feel younger than my peers. In truth, I'm thinking I'm around 30, and I'll probably feel that way until I die... a very knowledgeable 30, as I've been married and worked hard at it, I've raised children and learned deeply through that experience, but I'm just an exploring/adapting sort of personality who is constantly adding to who I am rather than the sort that desires to reflect one particular static generation of humanity. While I'm fully capable of being responsible and dealing with life concerns within my age bracket, and also dealing with kids and being responsible for them, it doesn't seem to change who I am that way.

Much of my family is not that way, they very much express their age and pride themselves on it. I did have a Great Aunt who I loved, though; even in her 60-80's, she seemed to have a special rapport with teenagers, and she was aware of the trends even if she didn't indulge in them, and she was never afraid of technology. I remember in the 1980's when she'd be talking about her new Walkman, and then her CD player, when all of her siblings seemed terrified of such things. She was also the easiest to talk to.... the most down to earth. If I had to model any of the elders in my family, I'd rather model her.

In any case, I don't feel like I'm my bio age, most of my friends are younger than me (in their 30's), my current life situation resembles very much a thirty-something single professional, and people typically think (when they meet me) that I'm around thirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    So, I guess my answer is, I feel about ten years younger than I am, most of the time, so 29 or so. But sometimes I feel like I've earned my age. I do feel a difference in perspective with each decade, though, so it's hard to be completely in denial about the number.
    Definitely the knowledge gleaned from living that long does create some large changes in perspective. Despite my identification with being about thirty, and having the majority of my friends being in that bracket, in terms of dating and the like I feel a lot older than the dating-material guys who are in the young thirties bracket, and there are still things that a thirty-year-old might not have experienced yet that I've been through.

I guess it's a benefit, although I guess more and more it's just life. I'm going to be like this until I die, I suspect, so I might as well adjust to it and being one who befriends the younger and identifies with each new generation.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    nerd

somewhere between a hojillion and a gorillian.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

I have this sneaking suspicion that every unit of time is a new me and that experienced individuality has no objective meaning what so ever in our universe. I mean sure it's useful to feel like ur 'you' so you can plan and scheme your way into acquiring mate and resources but that doesn't make it some universal truth. This also applies within the individual while despite the evidence of multiple and often opposing drives, inclinations and failures to translate will into action we still stubbornly think of ourselves as unitary. This makes sense though, it would be counter productive to consciously compete with ourselves 99.9% of the time when there's already enough of a challenge out there
    So I'd say about 10 to the power of −43/-44 second. Give or take.

ps: no it doesn't cause me any distress or need to seek higher meaning in religious epiphany. It's one in quadrillions of perspectives I've chose to share with you today based on my own inclinations and that good old bounded rationality. Our limited ability to take in and process data that is a key feature of the human condition: it shows.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

I feel like I haven't really lived a day in my life. I'm 18 and I still kind of feel like my life hasn't started yet, like all this has just been part of the prologue. Apparently, I don't know how to live.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I reinvent myself so often that I feel like I never get past feeling like a 5 year old replicant with the all the strange knowledge of the many others implanted in me.