User Tag List

123 Last

figsfiggyfigs

Default Wearing shoes/slippers inside the house.

Explain this to me.
    Do you do this? Does your family do this? do you know someone that does this? Is this a norm where you're from?

I'm referring to the people that prance around their house in the same shoes/slippers they had worn outside.

Is this common somewhere? Because I've seen it a lot on american tv-shows. I've also had SOMEONE walk around inside in the same slippers they wore outside.
    It wouldn't bother me so much if it was on a non-carpet areas, where it is easy to clean and mop.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I don't usually, but many people do here in Midwestern US.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I dated someone who gave me a pair of slippers (her house has all hardwood) so now I wear them, AND I LIKE IT. ( I never wear them outside).

I wish I could wear them to work. they're super comfy!

FigerPuppet

Inside you wear socks or nothing on your feet. If you feel that you need to wear slippers it's only acceptable if it's because the floor is too cold, in which case you need to save up for underfloor heating. Wearing SHOES inside is disgusting and typical of unsophisticated Americans.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i almost never wear shoes inside my house, just because i like being barefoot. but i hate going over to other people's houses where they make you take your shoes off before you come inside.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    Inside you wear socks or nothing on your feet. If you feel that you need to wear slippers it's only acceptable if it's because the floor is too cold, in which case you need to save up for underfloor heating. Wearing SHOES inside is disgusting and typical of unsophisticated Americans.
    Where are you from?

FigerPuppet

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Where are you from?
    Europe. Americans who wear shoes inside are the exception rather than the rule in the civilized world. Even east-Asians, who eat like pigs, will take off their shoes before stepping into the living spaces.

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    i almost never wear shoes inside my house, just because i like being barefoot. but i hate going over to other people's houses where they make you take your shoes off before you come inside.
    So how would you feel if someone walked around on your floors wearing their filthy footwear that they also used outside?

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Europe. Americans who wear shoes inside are the exception rather than the rule in the civilized world. Even east-Asians, who eat like pigs, will take off their shoes before stepping into the living spaces.
    It's nice to know that you have standards and you're willing to firght for them. lol

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Even the English?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I hate going barefoot or in sock feet, so I almost always wear some kind of footwear in the house. Our house is mainly hardwood, except the bedroom and the basement (which has gross carpet anyway), so occasionally I will leave my shoes on, but usually I prefer to wear slippers/flip-flops specifically designated for indoor use.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/