User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

My SO and I avoid wearing street shoes in the house. We don't ask visitors to do the same, but most see our line of shoes in the entry, and follow suit. At home I usually wear slippers, both for warmth and because it is more comfortable when standing on hard surfaces. We have no wall-to-wall-carpet, just area rugs here and there. When visiting, I follow the customs of my host. I have some friends who, like us, leave shoes at the door, and will often bring my slippers along when I visit.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    maybe this is a bougie people thing. I keep thinking of that episode of sex and the city where the hostess makes everyone take their shoes off at the door and they get stolen.
    Hahaha. I stole every pair of my friends' shoes when I was forced to go bowling one night, because I used to think bowling was embarrassing due to the shoes and I wanted them to feel my shame/pain. 'Twas fun.

MBTI
    INTP

For those who insist their guests take shoes off, don't you ever find that they have stinky feet? I would much rather a little outside dirt on my carpet than someone's stinky or sweaty feet permeating the air.
    Something Witty

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Jeez, some of you need to calm down. I think if people in that house remove their shoes, then guests should take a hint and do the same; if this is not the case, it's no big deal; it's that simple. If guests fail to do so when expected, it's not ideal but it's not the end of the world. Of course, if it is a big cultural faux pas (if you'll pardon the pun), it simply needs to be explained to any outsiders and they should adhere to it.

But then NZ is pretty relaxed about footwear in general. We walk around outside barefoot all the time and tourists practically have a heart attack at the sight of it.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Explain this to me.
    Do you do this? Does your family do this? do you know someone that does this? Is this a norm where you're from?

I'm referring to the people that prance around their house in the same shoes/slippers they had worn outside.

Is this common somewhere? Because I've seen it a lot on american tv-shows. I've also had SOMEONE walk around inside in the same slippers they wore outside.
    It wouldn't bother me so much if it was on a non-carpet areas, where it is easy to clean and mop.
    I never wear shoes inside the house and don't like it when people wear theirs in mine (in those rare cases where I actually notice). Slippers that have been worn outside - like to take the dog out or something - no problem. It's an acceptable exception.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Wearing shoes inside is like taking a dump with your pants on.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    For those who insist their guests take shoes off, don't you ever find that they have stinky feet? I would much rather a little outside dirt on my carpet than someone's stinky or sweaty feet permeating the air.
    Hmmm... I like to assume that they showered and decided to pass on the two hour jog before coming over.
    Also, Guest-house-slippers should cover up most of that issue, if it does exist.

It's not like we lie around on the carpet
    I LOVE lying on the carpet.

/random

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Those feet are most likely stinky because of wearing shoes for too long and if the smell doesent disappear in few seconds, its just bad hygiene and most likely because of keeping the shoes on for years.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    GONE

@SmileyMan all joking aside you're free to give your input on the pros and cons of wearing shoes inside but you're not free to troll. Reign it in. Thanks.
    Last edited by CzeCze; 02-10-2012 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Official Mad Skillz
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

If I know the bottoms of my shoes are clean, then I will sometimes wear them around the house. I frequently wear slippers as well. I suffer from chronic cold feet.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne