User Tag List

First 12345 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

that's just wrong. It's also uncomfortable - not sure why anyone would do such a thing, unless you live in a place with really gross floors (vicious cycle perhaps)
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    that's just wrong. It's also uncomfortable - not sure why anyone would do such a thing, unless you live in a place with really gross floors (vicious cycle perhaps)
    This is part of why I don't like going barefoot... I hate the feeling of walking barefoot on a less-than-spotless floor. I clean the floors about once a week, and I can go barefoot for a day or so after a cleaning, but we have a dog, so dirt and fur accumulate pretty quickly.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII

I'm somewhat of a neat-freak, so I think it's filthy to wear one's outside shoes inside the house. I mean FFS, you're stamping around in dog shit and other stuff you don't know about, so why contaminate the same carpet you lay on?
    “'Fuck', I think. What a beautiful word. If I could say only one thing for the rest of my life, that would be it.”

No one I'm acquainted with thinks anything of wearing shoes in the house. I can recall the two or three times in my life I've been asked to remove my shoes simply because it's so unusual. I thought that's what doormats were for.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    GONE

I'm so glad @SmileyMan has entered this thread to enlighten everyone about only the most sophisticated and civilized ways of living. Though we can't all be blessed with his authentic European breeding and class, let us all copiously take notes.

Wait...dood aren't you Polish?
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

I generally try to avoid wearing shoes whenever possible, and it's not uncommon at all to find me doing most simple outdoor chores and activities barefooted. Wearing shoes inside is just uncomfortable and unnecessary.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I never realized that it was usual in the States to wear your shoes inside. I think here you would expect to take your shoes off unless the house owner said it was fine to leave them on. I don't feel terribly strongly. I would probably wear my shoes in the kitchen or linoleum covered areas, but not on the carpet at home.

FigerPuppet

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I'm so glad @SmileyMan has entered this thread to enlighten everyone about only the most sophisticated and civilized ways of living. Though we can't all be blessed with his authentic European breeding and class, let us all copiously take notes.

Wait...dood aren't you Polish?
    No, I'm Danish. Besides, what do you have against Polaks? I can see Peguy in the corner with his crazy-face on.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I really hate shoes and if it was up to me I'd NEVER wear shoes... I go barefoot as much as possible when free

my SO finds the idea of going barefoot to be downright horrific... he even wears socks with sandals or to bed... he claims that he's naked if he's not wearing socks

I do know a lot of people who wear shoes indoors though... I'm one of those disturbing people who takes their shoes off whenever entering someone's house, whether invited to do so or not
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP

Most people I've known wear shoes inside the house....its bothersome to take them on and off all the time. As far as I've noticed, its the norm throughout the United States.