User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Violence solves everything.

A Fake Controversy

Think how difficult it is to have a fake controversy. And yet, at the same time, how easy it is to have a genuine controversy.

Controversy wants to be free, like information and you and me.

And yet it is boredom that provokes the fake because boredom is itself fake, and fake calls to fake. For underlying boredom is an anger that dare not speak its name. But it is so angry it wants to spoil the genuine with the fake.

And how deeply, deeply tragic the fake is. The fake is nothing in itself but the imitation of the genuine.

We are surrounded by fake love, fake creativity and fake presence. "Fake it till you make it", they say, with tears streaming down their face.

And they want to make you cry too with a fake controversy.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I love you, Victor. No matter what you say, I'll never say our night together was fake -- NEVER. *cries*

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Violence solves everything.
    Hot damn!!!

(additional reference: Father shooting daughter's laptop)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Smile The Two Jennifers

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I love you, Victor. No matter what you say, I'll never say our night together was fake -- NEVER. *cries*
    I am glad you love me Jennifer, for love conquers all. But I was just talking about you the other day to another Jennifer, the manager of the Citizens' Advice Bureau in Canberra. And this Jennifer said I have never mentioned you to her. And it's true, I haven't until the other day.

Our relationship consists of three parts - conversations on Central, conversations in our heads, and conversations we have with others about one another.

And I think that I have opened a conversation with another Jennifer on the other side of the world about you is opening another dimension to our relationship.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I am glad you love me Jennifer, for love conquers all.
    Yes, just like the edited version of "Brazil."

But I was just talking about you the other day to another Jennifer, the manager of the Citizens' Advice Bureau in Canberra.
    Oh yes, the Captain of the CAB in Canb. Sometimes I hear her whisper in my dreams, and so I whisper into hers to preserve the fateful balance.

Our relationship consists of three parts - conversations on Central, conversations in our heads, and conversations we have with others about one another.
    There are the conversations I had with sparkling motes of moondust as I drifted above the Rimae Chacornac in a silent airless lunar sky, but sadly they did not reply.

And I think that I have opened a conversation with another Jennifer on the other side of the world about you is opening another dimension to our relationship.
    Triangulation. It works.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Here's a yummy one...
    The underlying premise of Ayn Rand's Objectivism is the self will, the ego. There is nothing at its foundation more subjective than this. An individual can strive for reason, but true objectivity is not fully invested in winning from a personal perspective, but would rather be in a position of neutral observer not favoring self merely because that is the vantage point from which an individual views reality.

Here's one related nugget...
    Ayn Rand says, "Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think." and yet...

The (Lack Of) Relationship Between Intelligence And Wealth

Correlation Between IQ and Net Worth (Wealth)

So why is that assumption fundamentally flawed? A neutral observer may perceive the answer.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yes, just like the edited version of "Brazil."

Oh yes, the Captain of the CAB in Canb. Sometimes I hear her whisper in my dreams, and so I whisper into hers to preserve the fateful balance.

There are the conversations I had with sparkling motes of moondust as I drifted above the Rimae Chacornac in a silent airless lunar sky, but sadly they did not reply.

Triangulation. It works.
    Aren't you curious what we say about you?

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Ok, true question (to our resident Brazilians):

How do you feel about the fact that in Street Fighter 2, your countrymen were represented by Blanka, a more-or-less subhuman, feral beast?

(Just pulled out my SNES recently and had this thought.)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Here's one related nugget...
    Ayn Rand says, "Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think." and yet...
    [...]
    So why is that assumption fundamentally flawed? A neutral observer may perceive the answer.
    Theories:
    -Old money?
    -High IQ= too much self-confidence (way to go broke)?
    -People with high IQ are currently spending too much time with online debates?

What would the neutral observer say? That there are many types of intelligence at play?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Ok, true question (to our resident Brazilians):

How do you feel about the fact that in Street Fighter 2, your countrymen were represented by Blanka, a more-or-less subhuman, feral beast?

(Just pulled out my SNES recently and had this thought.)
    Not so good. But it is better than not being represented at all.
    They should've created a sort of Eddy Gordo!
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I think yankees used to best associate ''exotic'' with ''Brazil'' back then. Maybe y'all still do, but to a lesser extent.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------