User Tag List

First 123 Last

What do you believe in? or Where do you stand on this issue?

I find I rarely have a definite answer for how I personally feel about something for most things. I think mostly because I over analyze everything but it's because I'm just too easily seduced by the idea of there always being more pieces of the puzzle out there that could easily unravel everything I've built up in my mind to be true.

For me, forming quick opinions at the drop of a question is a very dangerous game.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

One I find hard is "do you prefer to keep your options open, or to have a decision finalized". I like both at the same time. Sometimes I have enough information to make a decision that I am reasonably certain won't need to be changed. Often, though, I will make a tentative decision, and continue to evaluate it as more information becomes available, making it final only when it must be acted upon. I prefer not to make decisions that will close off future options. I suppose this is just another manifestation of contingency planning.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Are you a thinking person, or a feeling oriented person?
    I'm somewhere in between... I am emotional yes, but a lot of my emotions aren't overt... internally they ebb and flow. But often times, my feelings and values get filtered through analysis and logical thought. I find that getting too emotional tends to make me vulnerable... but getting too thoughtful and logical, while it empowers me, I feel like I'm compartmentalizing myself perhaps too much? I need to strike a balance between the two, or I'll go nuts. I like emotions to make sense, have a pragmatic direction in life, but I like to follow my heart too.

How you perceive the world?
    Ask me a simple question like this, and you're ready to get a dissertation. To cram how I view the world in just one sentence, it isn't going to happen.

Tell me about yourself.
    Like what do you have in mind? I could give my life's story... interests... things that move me... but I am not sure where to start. It's like someone chucking out a question that could mean anything. Tweak down and define what things you'd like to know. Then I'll be able to give a concise answer. Otherwise, I'll be quiet. I don't tell everyone everything about me. Especially if I don't know you well enough.

Why are you so sensitive?
    Cos I feel everything stronger... got a problem with it?

Why are you so self-conscious?
    If you've experienced half the stuff I have in the past, then you'd be cautious too.

Why are you shy, but outgoing at the same time?
    Not sure... maybe I'm just trying to push myself to grow as an individual... appear more outgoing than what I really am... I like to bond with people, but there's times where I just like to fade into the background into my own world.

To name a few...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Are you emotionless?

No, not even close. My feelings are usually intense and powerful but I have marked difficulty knowing exactly what it is I am feeling and making sense of it. I have to take a great deal of time to sift through them, untangle the strands, smooth them out, and arrange them in a framework. I usually do not wish to share this. It is hard to translate the complexity into words. I also fear rejection/looking foolish after revealing these things. It takes a lot of trust or a special connection to do so.

How organized are you?

It depends. I wasn't in many ways until about half a year ago. After being a (failed) domestic goddess and SAHM for many years, I returned to school to study epidemiology. I became highly organized in order to meet that goal but not just in school, in almost every domain of my life. If I don't have something to work for, I feel like I'm half alive and that makes all the difference.

Why are you tactless and so direct?

I do not think of it that way. In my mind, I'm saying what needs to be said. It is not my first thought to take someone's feelings into consideration when doing this. I do not try to intentionally hurt anyone.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

what is the content of my unconsicous?

Its its unconscious, I wonder how to know it and if I ever could and if I did it would cease to be unconscious, so it would only have been the preconscious or subconscious wouldnt it?

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    What do you believe in? or Where do you stand on this issue?

I find I rarely have a definite answer for how I personally feel about something for most things. I think mostly because I over analyze everything but it's because I'm just too easily seduced by the idea of there always being more pieces of the puzzle out there that could easily unravel everything I've built up in my mind to be true.

For me, forming quick opinions at the drop of a question is a very dangerous game.
    Yeah, that too. Although in my case it's a matter of:

* Hating when I eat crow
    * Not wanting to end up "being part of the problem"
    * Not thinking I'm sharp enough to take a stand on a complex subject
    * Not wanting to create even bigger schisms between me and others, or being holier-than-thou
    * Not wanting to be too judgmental towards others
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

garbage

I don't think I'm as honest with myself about Neuroticism questions as I could be.

Most any Yes/No question is difficult for me. Give me a Likert scale, even if you make it forced choice.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Questions along the lines of; do you think with your head or your heart? For some reason they stump me.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Permabanned

Most of the "why" questions.

I'm not sure "why" I'm anything. History, emotions, thinking faculties, culture, societal role, age, maturity...they all can be (and are) factors for any why question I have about myself. It's hard to know which factors are playing dominant roles on any one issue.

MBTI
    ENTP

Difficult, as in, I don't know the answer: "does interaction with people energize you or drain you?" I get my energy by eating...
    Emotionally difficult: "You don't have friends, do you?"

By the way, I've heard the best answer ever on the "no friends" question. My nephew asked me what the word "nerd" means, I explained the local high school meaning: "someone who's good at school, especially at math and science. Some people think that if you are good at these, you are unable to make friends"
    His answer? "That's not true! I'm good at math and science and I have one, two, three..." (counting on fingers) "...eight friends!"
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women