User Tag List

123 Last

Permabanned

Default Why are we here (on this particularly type of site, I mean)?

By this "type" of site I mean a typology forum site...or rather an anonymous site focused mostly on people.

What type of person (strictly speaking from outside the bounds of typology) would be attracted to this type of site? Another way of asking this would be, what type of historical figures would frequent this site?

4chaners, for example, seem to be a group of intelligent "rebels without a cause" types who enjoy shock humor and the absurd. I'd imagine someone like a teenage Che Guevara enjoying the site (though admittedly my knowledge of him comes is limited to wikipedia and other random sources..).

I'd imagine a lot of the modern day artists can be found on sites like deviantart and artforum.

Journalists on blog forums. Social activists on twitter and facebook and the like.

What type of people are we?

Secondly, if we can isolate what type of people we are it should be possible to figure out what function (traditionally speaking) our types have filled within society throughout the ages. What would your best guess be as to what that function is?

And thirdly, going forward, in the context of a society increasingly intertwined with technological advances (mainly the internet), what are "our types" destined to become? What role will we play in the future?

Why are we here (as opposed to youtube, facebook, etc)? What does that say about us? Where have we been? Where are we going?

garbage

I learn a lot of innate personal stuff because of this forum; it helps me present what I value and tweak those values based upon how the world actually operates from others' perspectives. If I solidify my values, I solidify myself; if I solidify myself, I'm happier and more productive overall.

I've also posted about reasons why we might all study typology itself here.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I came here originally because I was interested in typology. Then I came to see it's inherant limitations, but I still enjoyed the community, so I stayed.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

We are scientists. In German scientist means, verbally translated, "Creator of knowledge" and thats what we are. We seek, analyze, evaluate, experience and create
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

"The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

I came here for kinship/community and stayed because that's exactly what I got.

The people here are fun and diverse and we all have something in common. Really, though, isn't that just a formula for wacky good times to be had all around?

I like to think so.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    4chaners, for example, seem to be a group of intelligent "rebels without a cause" types who enjoy shock humor and the absurd. I'd imagine someone like a teenage Che Guevara enjoying the site (though admittedly my knowledge of him comes is limited to wikipedia and other random sources..).
    Dear lord, no. 4chaners would be more like the idiotic criminals that killed people under the banner of "anarchism" and gave the whole thing a bad name for the next century. Che Guevara would probably want to kill them.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Dear lord, no. 4chaners would be more like the idiotic criminals that killed people under the banner of "anarchism" and gave the whole thing a bad name for the next century. Che Guevara would probably want to kill them.
    Yeah, 4chan people are slackers. Che Guevara, say whatever you want about his principles, he was a worker. 4chaners are all going to die in their parents' or employers' basements with a stupid grin on their face & an awful erection in their cargo-pants trousers.

I'm on this site because I came, saw some people I liked, & wanted to continue seeing them. That's all really.
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

Permabanned

I'm also on here more or less because of the people. So, perhaps, that's the type of people this site attracts..people who are looking for interesting people when bored. Perhaps people who enjoy the anonymity of human interaction, but not so much so that they want to be complete anonymous..hence the types.

It's kinda like "hey, you don't really know me, but you know me somewhat..and that's better then knowing me completely (fb types) or not at all (4channers)".

People who don't like to let people into their lives completely, but still enjoy them enough to let them in partially (in real life, or on the site).

You said it, boss.