User Tag List

123 Last

Default What would you do with a day off?

I'm watching Ferris Bueller's day off, what would you do with a day off?

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Definitely not spend it watching another person have a better day off.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Definitely not spend it watching another person have a better day off.

I'm dying sick Jock so I got an excuse.

Anyway, when I think about it Ferris actually spends his time pretty well, I mean educationally, for someone who's dodging school.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

maybe nothing.
    maybe chill out watch some movies, eat junk food and have sex.
    maybe go do some sport.
    depends what i'm in the mood for.

I know this is a bit tangential, but has anyone heard of the theory that Ferris is a figment of Cameron's imagination (an alter-ego, if you will, to escape his dreary self-existence)?

It doesn't work entirely across the board, but it's fun to watch the movie with that perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by lauranna View Post
    maybe nothing.
    maybe chill out watch some movies, eat junk food and have sex.
    maybe go do some sport.
    depends what i'm in the mood for.
    We should do this together some time

No, just kidding.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

haha which bit @Lark ?

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    I know this is a bit tangential, but has anyone heard of the theory that Ferris is a figment of Cameron's imagination (an alter-ego, if you will, to escape his dreary self-existence)?

It doesn't work entirely across the board, but it's fun to watch the movie with that perspective.
    Ha! I messaged a mate about this, I hadnt heard it applied to Ferris until I saw a Cracked article talking about fan theories but a mate of mine and myself have been trying movies that this idea would work in since Fight Club explicitly portrayed it.

A version of it existed before that though, we'd used to say which characters, plot devices or even the environment where figments of a particular character's imagination.

Like if you consider that in The Breakfast Club there is only one or two people in detention.

Or, although this is debated as possibly real, the theory about Garfield, that he's actually a ghost or starving abandoned cat fantasising each comic strip, which is why it involves food and friends/company all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by lauranna View Post
    haha which bit @Lark ?
    Awh man, I thought this was like the timetable, this isnt like the whole day?

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Ha! I messaged a mate about this, I hadnt heard it applied to Ferris until I saw a Cracked article talking about fan theories but a mate of mine and myself have been trying movies that this idea would work in since Fight Club explicitly portrayed it.

A version of it existed before that though, we'd used to say which characters, plot devices or even the environment where figments of a particular character's imagination.

Like if you consider that in The Breakfast Club there is only one or two people in detention.

Or, although this is debated as possibly real, the theory about Garfield, that he's actually a ghost or starving abandoned cat fantasising each comic strip, which is why it involves food and friends/company all the time.
    Haha! That's awesome That's the kind of thing I'd do on my day off.

I've got another little trick to Garfield to make it infinitely more funny. If you take away all of Garfield's thought/speech bubbles when he's interacting with Jon it makes Jon look like a bat-shit crazy cat-man. Very effective!