FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Default Crazy Sh*t People Do

To start things off:

http://news.yahoo.com/dentist-accuse...121231462.html

NEW BEDFORD, Massachusetts (AP) — A former dentist in the U.S. has pleaded guilty to fraud for using paper clips instead of stainless steel posts in root canals.

Michael Clair will be sentenced next Monday after pleading guilty last week in a Massachusetts court to a variety of charges, including defrauding a government health program of $130,000, assault and battery, illegally prescribing prescription drugs and witness intimidation.

Authorities say instead of stainless steel posts for root canals, he used sections of paper clips — which can cause pain and even infection — in an effort to save money.

Attorney General Martha Coakley says paper clips can sometimes be used temporarily, but the 53-year-old Clair used the paper clips as a permanent fix.
    Like... whut?

Pipe cleaners would have been even more economical.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

figsfiggyfigs

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

I thought it was crazy that they suggested that paper clips were a suitable temporary alternative. Again, wt????
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Senior Member Array captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I thought it was crazy that they suggested that paper clips were a suitable temporary alternative. Again, wt????
    I suppose if they work, they work.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    To start things off:

http://news.yahoo.com/dentist-accuse...121231462.html

Like... whut?

Pipe cleaners would have been even more economical.
    In the end it wasn't economical. It's sad a doctor would prey off his patients' ignorance.

MBTI
    NiFe

If my ISFP cousin sees this news story, she'll never go to the damn dentist again. She's already paranoid enough and requires gas for even the simplest of procedures.
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."
    Likes ReadingRainbows liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

One could say she was just trying to help.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    NiFe

A MOTHER of four who subjected her 11-year-old daughter to a "bizarre sex education" was jailed for four years yesterday.

The 37-year-old Sunshine Coast mother used her mobile phone to create three films showing her raping her youngest child and exposed her to other sexual activity "in response to repeated questions".
    Maroochydore District Court heard how the woman started seeing the father of her four children when she was "virtually a child" at age 14 and had her first child at 16.

While she was still living at the family home on the Coast, she began a cyber-sex relationship with a man in Melbourne and became obsessed with sex.

They would send sexual videos to each other, which her daughter viewed, and the woman visited him three times.

"It is in this context the first of the bizarre and disturbing offences involving your daughter occurred," Judge Robertson said.

"Your conduct toward your daughter involved a very serious breach of trust.

"The relationship between mo-ther and child is seminal in our society.

"How she deals with it as she grows remains to be seen, but it is difficult to see how it could not result in long-term adverse consequences to her.

"You now admit what you have done was wrong.

"From the start you characterised your behaviour as some form of bizarre sex education with the child which did not involve sexual gratification from you.

"It appears you had a normal loving upbringing with parents andfamily who still support you.

"There is no psychological or intellectual reason to explain this shocking behaviour.

"Given this offending occurred in the context of this highly obsessive and sexual relationship with this man, defies logic and common sense to discount any level of sexual gratification in your behaviour."
    I follow the judge right up until here.

"The psychologist report suggests the developing of some insight into your behaviour.

"Given the Department of Child Safety is now involved, I'm satisfied you are a low risk of reoffending."
    The details of time served:

Judge Robertson suspended the four-year jail term after the woman has served one year, leaving a three-year jail sentence hanging over her head and ordered her to do three years' probation.

Because the woman has already served 243 days in custody, she will be released in 122 days.
    Seriously? That's it?
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

Testing new sig
    Likes Novella liked this post

Page 1 of 88 1231151 ... LastLast