First 78910111959 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

http://gma.yahoo.com/too-pretty-colu...nd-beauty.html

Going through life as a "tall, slim, blonde" woman is harder than it looks, according to British columnist Samantha Brick, who has become the focus of criticism and ridicule for writing that her life as a beautiful woman has been especially difficult.

Brick, 41, published a column in the Daily Mail on Tuesday entitled, "'There are downsides to looking this pretty': Why women hate me for being beautiful."

Brick bemoaned having to go through life as a beautiful woman, constantly receiving free champagne and wine from suitors, flirting with male bosses, and angering female friends and co-workers with her looks.

"While I'm no Elle Macpherson," Brick wrote, "I'm tall, slim, blonde and, so I'm often told, a good-looking woman. I know how lucky I am. But there are downsides to being pretty, the main one being that other women hate me for no other reason than my lovely looks."

By Wednesday morning, Brick had become the center of a Twitter campaign aiming to take her down a few notches for her perceived vanity. Twitter users created the tongue-in-cheek hashtag #samanthabrickfacts to make jokes about Brick's alleged beauty. ...
    What is funny is that I don't even think she is that pretty to begin with.

"Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

Maybe they "hate" her because of how self-absorbed she is. No, that can't be it! It must be because of how beautiful her fake smile is.

Pfft. This woman has got nothing on @Domino and @LadyJaye.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Maybe they "hate" her because of how self-absorbed she is. No, that can't be it! It must be because of how beautiful her fake smile is.
    You think it would be straighter with all the care she can take to draw it on.

Pfft. This woman has got nothing on Domino and LadyJaye.
    Oh don't get me started. I wish I had half as "pretty" in me as each of them has in just their pinky fingers.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

more stupid ads, this time about booze.

(Some are quite appalling -- note the resigned smile + the bruised knees in this one...

)

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-livin...225600819.html
    That's just hot.

garbage

The problem with narcissists and arrogant people is that they will misinterpret such backlash as more evidence that people are just jealous of their capabilities, looks, or whatever trait that they think that they have, with furthers their deluded perceptions. Put another way, "Whatevs, y'all just jelly." It's very convenient and self-fulfilling, but insanely narrow-minded. It takes them a while to figure out where the real problem lies.

I would venture that "Why I Am Too Pretty, Part II" will be all about how mean people on the Internet wrote about her because she is, in fact, too pretty. I'd hope that she's taken the feedback that she's received in a more positive way, though.

Also: she's kinda average. I don't get it.

I don't even think she is that pretty to begin with.
    No argument from me.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post

Pfft. This woman has got nothing on @Domino and @LadyJaye.
    Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    The problem with narcissists and arrogant people is that they will misinterpret such backlash as more evidence that people are just jealous of their capabilities, looks, or whatever trait that they think that they have, with furthers their deluded perceptions. Put another way, "Whatevs, y'all just jelly." It's very convenient and self-fulfilling, but insanely narrow-minded. It takes them a while to figure out where the real problem lies.

I would venture that "Why I Am Too Pretty, Part II" will be all about how mean people on the Internet wrote about her because she is, in fact, too pretty. I'd hope that she's taken the feedback that she's received in a more positive way, though.
    +1 Her slick, pouty tone and empty resignation make her sound more than just conceited, she really does sound narcissistic and divorced from reality.
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Yeah, this caused a sensation in the UK and around the world, it appears!

To be honest (bitchy comments upcoming) she is a very average looking English woman. Most English women are more on the plain side, I think (I permit myself to say this as I am pretty much half English...!) and she just looks utterly typical. Somewhat awkward looking face, clothes don't fit her that well, etc.

The article seemed like a classic example of "omg! I have no idea why all these women hate me! It's because I'm so irresistible!! I NEVER do anything bitchy. I'm just my sweet self and everyone hates me!" You want to shake her and say "YOU ARE THE COMMON DENOMINATOR IN ALL THESE SITUATIONS, MORON." She really sounded awful.

What's funny/scary as well is, someone posted a link with a bunch of articles she's written. She now lives in France and married a Frenchman. He is unattractive and potbellied. She wrote a whole article called "My Husband Will Divorce Me If I Get Fat" and how she was pleased and proud that her husband had made it clear he married her because she was relatively thin, and he expected her to stay that way and that was what mattered. She also wrote about how he controlled what she wore and picked out most of her clothes. It was pathetic but really kind of sad too, you get the impression her self-esteem must be very low.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx