User Tag List

Page 8 of 88 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 879

Thread: Crazy Sh*t People Do

  1. #71
    He pronks, too! Array Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    12,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Dating mishap text messaging from hell.
    When you date crazy, it's best to not take her out twice.

    http://www.buzzfeed.com/hgrant/this-...text-messaging
    She does seem pretty crazy, but in a way that I find very sad.

    Also, as I read it, I began hearing the voice of GLaDOS from Portal.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  2. #72
    .~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni
    Posts
    40,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    She does seem pretty crazy, but in a way that I find very sad.
    Definitely.

    And it's also sad that you can't say anything to help her because she would probably latch on and drown both of you. It's hard to be there for someone when they're that desperate.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  3. #73
    Lay the coin on my tongue Array SilkRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Definitely.

    And it's also sad that you can't say anything to help her because she would probably latch on and drown both of you. It's hard to be there for someone when they're that desperate.

    Borderline personality disorder. I have some experience with someone who either has it or has tendencies in that direction. The exchange was a little too familiar, though I haven't experienced anything quite that crazy. It's pretty rough for everyone involved, I'd say. If you're unfortunate enough to get involved in any way with someone like that, you're torn between "get away from me, you maniac" and feeling sorry for them because genuinely it must be hell inside their heads. And yeah, if you feel too sorry for them they definitely latch onto you and try to drag you under with them.

    I think only professional help can...help. Come to think of it, Jennifer, didn't you say you'd had a roommate with BPD?
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx


    I DOORSLAMMING

  4. #74
    .~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni
    Posts
    40,629

    Default

    This is why we can't have nice things.

    http://news.yahoo.com/aggressive-par...082438669.html

    COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — Organizers of an annual Easter egg hunt attended by hundreds of children have canceled this year's event, citing the behavior of aggressive parents who swarmed into the tiny park last year, determined that their kids get an egg.

    That hunt was over in seconds, to the consternation of egg-less tots and their own parents. Too many parents had jumped a rope set up to allow only children into Bancroft Park in a historic area of Colorado Springs.

    Organizers say the event has outgrown its original intent of being a neighborhood event.

    Parenting observers cite the cancellation as a prime example of so-called "helicopter parents" — those who hover over their children and are involved in every aspect of their children's lives — sports, school, and increasingly work — to ensure that they don't fail, even at an Easter egg hunt.

    "They couldn't resist getting over the rope to help their kids," said Ron Alsop...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  5. #75
    .~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni
    Posts
    40,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I think only professional help can...help. Come to think of it, Jennifer, didn't you say you'd had a roommate with BPD?
    Yes. I wasn't blogging that one here, it happened in the time period between my original and my new blog.

    I've complained about my current roommate, but mostly that has been sanitation habits; she's still sane. My other roomie was mentally/emotionally fractured, and it slowly became more and more obvious. it was one of the most stressful periods of my life... and I was torn, because I very much liked her as a person (I could see glimpses of the healthy her, if she hadn't been strugglign with this, and she's very sweet/compassionate)...

    ... but there was the magical thinking leading to crazy behavior, the total reliance on other people's opinions (imagining criticism that didn't exist and then lashing out at it), being easily manipulated, black and white thinking (you were either glorified or vilified... and sometimes both at once), a fractured self-sense, totally claiming to feel one thing but behaving entirely differently, etc. Failed suicide attempts, one I ended up having to clean up after and didn't even know if she was alive or dead, and when I finally caught up with her 24 hours later, she acted surprised that I was so upset about it.... just so much crazy. And she was so insisistent in her beliefs, I wondered sometimes whether I was crazy, and had to keep checking/anchoring myself in the fact I wasn't.... Uggh.

    But she did contact me last summer, apologized, said she had been in treatment, and sounded much more "normal" and balanced. I also ran into her twice, and she seemed to put off very different, much more stable vibes. So that's good, and I'm happy for her.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  6. #76
    Lay the coin on my tongue Array SilkRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yes. I wasn't blogging that one here, it happened in the time period between my original and my new blog.

    I've complained about my current roommate, but mostly that has been sanitation habits; she's still sane. My other roomie was mentally/emotionally fractured, and it slowly became more and more obvious. it was one of the most stressful periods of my life... and I was torn, because I very much liked her as a person (I could see glimpses of the healthy her, if she hadn't been strugglign with this, and she's very sweet/compassionate)...

    ... but there was the magical thinking leading to crazy behavior, the total reliance on other people's opinions (imagining criticism that didn't exist and then lashing out at it), being easily manipulated, black and white thinking (you were either glorified or vilified... and sometimes both at once), a fractured self-sense, totally claiming to feel one thing but behaving entirely differently, etc. Failed suicide attempts, one I ended up having to clean up after and didn't even know if she was alive or dead, and when I finally caught up with her 24 hours later, she acted surprised that I was so upset about it.... just so much crazy. And she was so insisistent in her beliefs, I wondered sometimes whether I was crazy, and had to keep checking/anchoring myself in the fact I wasn't.... Uggh.

    But she did contact me last summer, apologized, said she had been in treatment, and sounded much more "normal" and balanced. I also ran into her twice, and she seemed to put off very different, much more stable vibes. So that's good, and I'm happy for her.
    That's good to hear, that things have improved for her - and yes, notably treatment is involved. I think in cases where it is so serious there has to be professional help for improvement to take place. Particulary rough when you actually lived with the person.

    I'm really seriously detaching myself from the girl I know who has (at least) tendencies in that direction. It's just that things are not improving much, and I took too much on. Other people who should have taken more responsibility long ago are seriously going to have to do that now, and I am taking steps to help that happen. (I have already tried to do so, but it's been complicated and as well as the fact that it's helping neither her and me, I am kind of resentful that family members and others who should have shouldered the load basically haven't. I'm not doing that any more.) That's about all I can do, and it will be a relief (already is) to have much less involvement.

    As you say, on top of everything else, the feeling that maybe YOU are the one that's crazy is particularly unpleasant. Because they may have qualities you like and even be highly intelligent in so many ways, but you'll end up accused of or manipulated to feel stuff that is actually so much crap...and yet they're very convincing about it, so you start to wonder.

    In my case though at least this experience has made me SO much better about asserting boundaries and my rights in my life - just in general - and about spotting manipulation, etc. I do hope things improve for this girl, but even if I totally wasted my time with her, I feel there's been at least a bit of personal growth for myself and I've learned some things (which I need to keep working at putting into practice!)


    EDIT: Btw, I realised I'm derailing this thread's purpose a bit. Feel free to carry on with the crazy anecdotes, people.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx


    I DOORSLAMMING

  7. #77
    .~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni
    Posts
    40,629

    Default

    This is more about "really bad math skills"....


    http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...-abc-news.html

    Richard Lustig is a seven-time lottery winner in Florida who plays the lottery like a full-time job. Sure, he loses sometimes. But he's also won more than $1 million.

    Here are his tips for buying tickets:

    Pick your own numbers. Don't leave it up to the machine. Lustig advises against playing Quick Picks, the phrase describing the number the computer picks for you when you don't use your own.

    Do your homework. Go online and make sure the set or sets of numbers you play have never come up before.

    Stick with your strategy. You have to learn what number to play and how often to play. Commit to your numbers and stick to your strategy.

    Avoid lottery fever. When jackpots get this high , Lustig says, people tend to get lottery fever and spend a lot more than they normally would or can afford. Don't go crazy; the odds are still the same no matter how much you spend...
    Lousy tips, mathematically. As long as the choices among quick picks and the actual draw are truly random, it doesn't matter what numbers you play. Numbers are also not excluded from the pool after they win. The only good tip is the last one -- chances don't really improve significantly if you buy 5 numbers or ten.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  8. #78
    .~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni
    Posts
    40,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I'm really seriously detaching myself from the girl I know who has (at least) tendencies in that direction. It's just that things are not improving much, and I took too much on. Other people who should have taken more responsibility long ago are seriously going to have to do that now, and I am taking steps to help that happen. (I have already tried to do so, but it's been complicated and as well as the fact that it's helping neither her and me, I am kind of resentful that family members and others who should have shouldered the load basically haven't. I'm not doing that any more.) That's about all I can do, and it will be a relief (already is) to have much less involvement.
    Good for you. Truly Borderline mentality is beyond the average person to provide care for, on their own.

    As you say, on top of everything else, the feeling that maybe YOU are the one that's crazy is particularly unpleasant. Because they may have qualities you like and even be highly intelligent in so many ways, but you'll end up accused of or manipulated to feel stuff that is actually so much crap...and yet they're very convincing about it, so you start to wonder.
    Yeah, the experience was very scarring for me and made me doubt myself, even thought I was pretty sure I was sane. I was reassured when the next person I stayed with was "normal" -- with his own foibles and strengths, but just an average normal human being.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  9. #79
    .~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni
    Posts
    40,629

    Default

    For something a little different....

    http://news.yahoo.com/april-fools-5-...153009034.html

    Scientists and science journals are at an advantage when it comes to fooling the rest of the world on April 1. For one thing, the average reader is optimistic, and therefore liable to believe anything amazing when it comes to scientific discoveries. Secondly, no one expects a stereotypically dry, robotic scientist to pull a prank.

    Here are our favorite fake scientific breakthroughs — tall tales that were really told — from April Fools' Days of the past....
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  10. #80
    .~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni
    Posts
    40,629

    Default

    more stupid ads, this time about booze.

    (Some are quite appalling -- note the resigned smile + the bruised knees in this one...

    )

    http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-livin...225600819.html
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Page 8 of 88 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-03-2011, 11:22 AM
  2. [ENFJ] ENFJ who tends to attract negative people/downers/people who are depressed
    By aracen in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-22-2011, 03:14 PM
  3. Crazy people and MBTI[c]
    By prplchknz in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 225
    Last Post: 06-27-2010, 05:50 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 04:53 AM
  5. Hello, crazy people.
    By Kitkat in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 11:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •