User Tag List

First 567891757 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I read that earlier this morning. Just insane... not just him, but the girl too.

And it does sound pretty fishy that supposedly nothing happened until after she was 18.
    It's not like someone's not attractive until the day they turn 18, and it wasn't a "relationship in a box" either -- relationships and attraction are organic and development resembles a curve, and the rate at which things progressed makes it likely there were things going on before her birthday. I don't know when it would ever be considered socially appropriate for a teacher and a father to have a 17-year-old girl on his lap and post pics of it on FaceBook, so something else was leading him in that direction.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Something similar happened to a friend of mine: His father left his family (a wife, two sons) because he had impregnated a girl of the age of his eldest son. It is even possible that my friend and the girl were classmates.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Something similar happened to a friend of mine: His father left his family (a wife, two sons) because he had impregnated a girl of the age of his eldest son. It is even possible that my friend and the girl were classmates.
    One of my relation's cheated on her wealthy s.o. with her teenage son's drugdealer... then married him. Her relationship with her family and teenage sons has been seriously damaged. I often wonder if and how deeply she regrets it.
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Another teacher snaps... oh, the stupidity!

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blog...-abc-news.html

A math assignment that required students to figure out how many Africans, Americans and Indians to bake in ovens for Thanksgiving was a recipe for termination for a third-grade teacher in Washington, D.C.

The unnamed teacher was fired from the Trinidad Center City School in Northeast Washington last Thursday, just one day after she was outed by outraged parents for assigning a set of violence-laced math problems to her students.

Local TV news station WUSA-9 was the first to report on the problems which featured situations involving kidnapping, deaths, and killings, including one that was said by a parent to invoke the Holocaust. That question asked students to figure out "How many desperate people were in each oven?" referring to Africans, Americans and Indians.

"I was absolutely distressed," Dr. Beverley Wheeler, CEO of the Center City Public Charter School System, which oversees Trinidad, told WUSA-9.

"We are about character, excellence and service and I found them to be violent and racist," she said.

The mandatory 20 homework problems included instances such as, "I was sleeping one night when a hungry vampire sucked 3652 liters of blood from me and 1865 liters of blood from my little brother. How much blood did the hungry vampire drink that night?"...
    Full handout pdf is here:
    http://wusa9.com/news/pdf/math_problems.pdf

Some of the problems are pretty innocent, and some of them seem darkly funny (like a shark trying to calculate the cost of buying human remains at a grocery, in a "turn the tables" scenario).

But it shows a marked lack of discretion on the teacher, for not realizing what sort of reaction this would receive... This kind of thing just never seems to end well.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

My grandmother grew up in another country. She told me she had a cousin who was a lieutenant in the army that had a mistress. Naturally being jealous of his wife she stabbed him in the back with an axe. He recovered but then she poisined him and he died. His friends being the loyal chaps that they were took her and tied her up and left her on the railroad tracks for the train to run over. She died of course

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default One Last Hurrah

http://news.yahoo.com/men-went-spend...040555923.html

(Reuters) - Two men who admitted to driving around Denver with their dead friend's corpse and using the dead man's debit card to fund a night at a strip club were sentenced on Thursday to probation, prosecutors said.

Robert Young, 43, and Mark Rubinson, 25, both pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges of abusing the corpse of Jeffrey Jarrett last August, the Denver District Attorney's Office said in a release.

Young also pleaded guilty to felony identity theft for using Jarrett's credit card.

...According to an arrest warrant affidavit filed by Denver police, Young had contacted Rubinson to say that his roommate, Jarrett, was unresponsive inside the Denver home they shared.

Rather than summon an ambulance, the two men loaded Jarrett into Rubinson's vehicle and went on a spending spree when it was "obvious Jarrett was dead," the affidavit said.

The men then ate at a Mexican restaurant, and fueled up Rubinson's SUV at a convenience store all paid for with Jarrett's debit card, police said.

The men then unloaded Jarrett's body back at his house and visited a Denver-area strip club where they withdrew $400 at an ATM from Jarrett's account. After leaving the club, the men called police to report Jarrett's death.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    My grandmother grew up in another country. She told me she had a cousin who was a lieutenant in the army that had a mistress. Naturally being jealous of his wife she stabbed him in the back with an axe. He recovered but then she poisined him and he died. His friends being the loyal chaps that they were took her and tied her up and left her on the railroad tracks for the train to run over. She died of course
    Apparently crazy sh*t isn't confined to USA TV reality shows.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

http://news.yahoo.com/facebook-frien...154228101.html

The First Rule of Bigamy:
    Never Friend all of your spouses on FaceBook.

TACOMA, Wash. (AP) — A county corrections officer in Washington state has been charged with bigamy after Facebook discovered two women were connected to him and suggested they might want to be "friends."

Pierce County prosecutors say Alan L. O'Neill married a woman in 2001, moved out in 2009, changed his name and remarried without divorcing wife No. 1.

Wife No. 1 recently found out about Wife No. 2 when Facebook detected their connection to O'Neill and suggested the friendship connection.

Wife No. 1 then called the defendant's mother, Pierce County Prosecutor Mark Lindquist told The News Tribune.

"An hour later the defendant arrived at (Wife No. 1's) apartment, and she asked him several times if they were divorced," court records show. "The defendant said, 'No, we are still married.'"

Neither O'Neill nor his first wife had filed for divorce, according to charging documents. The name change came in December, and later that month he married his second wife.

O'Neill allegedly told Wife No. 1 not to tell anybody about his dual marriages, that he would fix it, the documents state....

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/facebook-frien...154228101.html

The First Rule of Bigamy:
    Never Friend all of your spouses on FaceBook.
    Haha, oh shit, what an idiot.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Dating mishap text messaging from hell.
    When you date crazy, it's best to not take her out twice.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/hgrant/this-...text-messaging