MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    Moral of the story: At least she died happy
    The terrible thing is that I WANTED to make that exact pun but thought it would come off as too crass.... lol.

(I also thought, "Wouldn't it be tacky if they used one of those selfies in the obit?" )
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    The terrible thing is that I WANTED to make that exact pun but thought it would come off as too crass.... lol.

(I also thought, "Wouldn't it be tacky if they used one of those selfies in the obit?" )
    Nah, that's fine, it's 2014 already.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Just imagine how surly that Southbound and Northbound Zax might have been if one were drugged and the other had chugged...

Two drivers, one high and the other drunk, crash into each other

On Thursday evening, 38-year-old Malcolm Sidbury, of Albany, New York called 911 after another driver, 57-year-old Thomas Robbins of Poughkeepsie, New York, had sideswiped his car on the Taconic State Parkway. Mr. Sidbury and Mr. Robbins did not stop driving after they had crashed into each other, however. When troopers finally caught up with the pair on New York’s Route 82, they stopped both drivers, and then wound up arresting both. Why?

As the Daily Freeman reports, troopers say Thomas Robbins was under the influence of alcohol, and Malcolm Sidbury was under the influence of drugs...
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/...214240980.html

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2...8IN/story.html

Members of the Satanic Temple have unveiled their design for a 7-foot-tall statue of the devil they want to locate at the Capitol building in Oklahoma, right next to a monument of the Ten Commandments that has stood since 2012.

The Associated Press reported an artist’s depiction shows Satan as the goat-headed and horned figure of Baphomet, complete with wings and a long beard. The Satan figure is shown sitting on a throne decorated with pentagrams, in the middle of a few smiling children.

“The monument has been designed to reflect the views of Satanists in Oklahoma City and beyond,” said Lucien Greaves, a spokesman for the group, in a statement reported by the AP. “The statue will also have a functional purpose as a chair where people of all ages may sit on the lap of Satan for inspiration and contemplation.”
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Posted this in my blog right after the article came out. I think I couldn't find this thread at the time, or something. Georgia Man Shoots Himself In The Dick, Doesn't Notice
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Toyota wants to help you scream at your unruly kids.

The latest version of the company's Sienna minivan has a feature called "DRIVER Easy Speak." It uses a built-in microphone to amplify a parent's voice through speakers in the back seats.

Toyota says it added Easy Speak "so parents don't have to shout to passengers in the back." But chances are many parents will yell into the microphone anyway.

And the feature only works one way, so the kids can't talk back. At least not with amplified voices.

Source:
    Toyota Sienna minivan drivers can scream at kids using built-in mics - Windsor - CBC News

Necessity is the mother of invention.

Romantic Iconoclast
    415 so/sp
    4w5>1w9>5w4

Ni>Fe>Ti>Fi=Si>Ne>Te>Se

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

#JustTellHerYouDontWantToGetMarriedDumb@$$

Tucker Blandford, 23, met his bride-to-be, Alex Lanchester, in August 2012 at a college in Connecticut. They hit it off and quickly fell in love. Lanchester, from the United Kingdom, was studying abroad for a year.... They were to be married on Aug. 15. Lanchester spent over $1,000 on wedding invitations, the photographer, the wedding dress, and other preparations....

Then one day Lanchester got a phone call from a man identifying himself as Tucker's "dad," saying his son had been depressed and had "thrown himself in front of a car," ending his life.

Devastated, she called Tucker's mother to offer condolences. Tucker's mother told Lanchester that her son was in fact alive and well. Tucker later admitted that he had impersonated his father on the call...
    Man Fakes Own Death to Avoid Upcoming Wedding | Trending Now - Yahoo News

Senior Member TheCheeseBurgerKing's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP

Bath Salts.

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    Tokyo-Based Artist Arrested For 3D Printing Her Vagina

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

https://gma.yahoo.com/florida-man-de...opstories.html

Florida man put an end to a “pay it forward” streak at a local Starbucks because he said he thinks people were participating out of “guilt,” not “generosity.”

Peter Schorsch, a blogger, drove to the Starbucks drive-thru in St. Petersburg, Florida, on Thursday after hearing about the pay it forward phenomenon there that ended with customer No. 458. After he ordered two Venti Mocha Frappuccinos, the barista told him his first drink had been paid for by the previous customer and asked if he would like to pay for the next customer.

“I told him no,” Schorsch, of St. Petersburg, told ABC News. “When the barista asks you to pay it forward, it is no longer spontaneous.”

Though Schorsch didn't pay for the next customer at the drive-thru, he said he tipped the barista $100.

“I’m really not trying to be a Grinch,” Schorsch said. “I know things are hard for baristas and I am willing to help people.”

“I just don’t want to be forced into doing something,” said Schorsch, who is also a part-time political consultant. “This is turning into a social phenomenon and I had to put an end to it....”
    Thank God he was able to saddle up the white horse and lance and ride off to do battle with the nefarious evil practiced by willing participants of a "Pay It Forward" game.

(Scholars suspect that Schorsch moonlighted as the notorious Unflusher terrorist in the early 2000's, leaving floaters in public toilets without pulling the lever afterwards, as well as the guy who bought and burned a thousand copies of Pay It Forward when Blockbuster was going out of business and also the Daycare Toymonster, who would blitz child care centers and knock over block structures created by the toddlers before fleeing back to the parking lot.)