User Tag List

First 456781656 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

And now, to our special "crazy [sexist] advertisements companies make" edition....

http://www.buzzfeed.com/babymantis/s...ntage-ads-1opu

A sampling:

"Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

^
    Wow, these are fascinating and disturbing.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Not sure yet whether I'm referring to the 1% banker who has ticked off a lot of people and might start getting crappy service all the time from disgruntled waiters, or the underling who might soon be without a job for uploading this to the blog.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending...164624882.html

Just when you may have thought the ongoing battle between the 99% and the 1% was dying down, it may have been reignited. A wealthy banker left a $1.33 tip on a $133 lunch at the True Food Kitchen restaurant in Newport Beach, California.

To add insult to injury the word "tip" was circled on the receipt, and the banker wrote "get a real job" on the bill. The picture of the receipt was taken and uploaded to the blog Future Ex-Banker by a person who was dining with the anonymous banker. As expected, the blog received a lot of attention and has now been taken down. The author of the blog wrote, "mention the 99% in my boss' presence and feel his wrath. So proudly does he wear his 1% badge of honor that he tips exactly 1% every time he feels the server doesn't sufficiently bow down to his holiness."

People online who had a chance to see the blog post before it went offline and those who have been made aware of it on social media outlets are outraged. One person called the tip a "tale of greed and contempt," and another referred to it as "arrogance personified." The Web's general reaction to this story is eerily similar to an almost identical 1% vs. 99% scenario that took place last fall. In Washington state, a waitress received a tip of no money and advice scrawled on the receipt that told her she could "stand to lose a few pounds."

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

"Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Not sure yet whether I'm referring to the 1% banker who has ticked off a lot of people and might start getting crappy service all the time from disgruntled waiters, or the underling who might soon be without a job for uploading this to the blog.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending...164624882.html
    .. and now we find out it was a big fat lie!

OMG, who would do this kind of crazy sh*t??? Lying on the Internet? Unbelievable!!

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending...195827093.html

Yesterday we reported a story about a banker who allegedly left a $1.33 tip on a $133 lunch bill at True Food Kitchen in Newport Beach, California. In addition, he added a 'tip' to "get a real job." It was meant to be a dig from the 1% to the 99%, and the story, as well as the image, were shared all over the Web. We posted it on our show and received thousands of comments about the insulting remark written on the receipt.

After contacting the restaurant, its spokesperson Jami Reagan told us the receipt was Photoshopped, and they have the original receipt to prove it. Trending Now has received the original copy of the receipt, and we can confirm that it was in fact digitally altered. Reagan said the reason that the issue was not corrected quicker is because the corporate offices were closed over the weekend.

The original receipt does not contain the tip "Get a real job." Also, the real bill was for $33.54, not $133.54, and the tip given was $7, not $1.33.

The blog that originally posted the receipt, Future Ex-Banker, was taken down Friday as well. True Food Kitchen also says that the receipt was not altered by anyone on their staff, adding that they would never post any guest's personal information.

Smartphone's auto-correct causes school shooting scare

An anonymous individual in Oakwood, Georgia, sent a text message to an incorrect number that read "Gunman be at West Hall today." The recipient — who did not recognize the sender's number or reply to the message — immediately contacted local authorities. After taking preventative measures that included locking down the school and setting up a police perimeter, the source of the number was tracked down.

It turns out the original text message was supposed to have read "Gunna [oft-used abbreviation for 'going to'] be at West Hall today," but the sender's new cell phone auto-corrected the misspelled word to "gunman." The sender will not face any criminal charges for the text message, as it was clearly a mistake.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Not really funny... just like, uggh.....

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...ne_man_li.html

HAVELOCK, N.C. — A North Carolina man burned to death after accidentally drinking from a container of gasoline and later smoking a cigarette, CBS Charlotte reported.

On Monday, 43-year-old Gary Allen Banning apparently mistook a jar of gasoline left near the kitchen sink of his friend's apartment as a beverage, CBS Charlotte reported. After realizing his mistake, Banning spit out the gasoline, getting some of it on his clothes.

Later that evening, Banning unknowingly went outside to smoke a cigarette and burst into flames, investigators say.

A 911 call went out at 9:55 p.m. Banning was transported to the UNC Burn Center in Chapel Hill and died Tuesday morning, the report said.
    I'm not sure why his friend had a "jar of gasoline" sitting near the kitchen sink.... or why this guy seemingly just drank out of strange jars.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    .. and now we find out it was a big fat lie!

OMG, who would do this kind of crazy sh*t??? Lying on the Internet? Unbelievable!!
    http://eater.com/tags/true-food-kitchen
    Am I the only one that thinks those two receipts are different?the original one doesn't have the same signature, which doesn't look like fake.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Are you telling me someone lied about lying the first time?

Now that's some really crazy sh*t!

Whoa...

Teacher leaves his wife and kids to move in with his student/teenage daughter's classmate

Jordan met her teacher as a freshman, but both maintain nothing physical happened until she turned 18 this past September. Hooker claims he saw Powers as "just a student" and had no romantic feelings toward her at first, but when her most recent birthday came around, things changed.

They changed so much, in fact, that Hooker, left his wife and three kids (one of them a 17-year-old Enochs high school student as well) so that he could move in with Jordan.

If this all sounds suspicious to you, imagine how Tammie Powers, Jordan's mom, feels. She's launched an official police investigation to find out if Hooker's relationship with her daughter began before Jordan was of legal age. Tammie is convinced it did, citing a photo of her daughter on Hooker's lap and text messages, emails and phone records exchanged between the couple that predate her daughter's 18th birthday.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke