Thread: Crazy Sh*t People Do

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Dipshit Award of 2013 already has a few candidates...

Mom 'Scared to Death' After Stranger Allegedly Slapped Her Infant on Flight

... Jessica Bennett, told ABC News she was sitting in the aisle seat of row 28, alongside Joe Hundley, 60, a stranger. "Jonah starts crying because he's feeling the pressure in his ears," Bennett said.

At that point, Hundley, according to court documents, told Bennett to "Shut that n-word baby up".

"I said, 'What did you just say?'" Bennett said. "And he was so drunk that he fell onto my face, and his mouth moved over to my ear and he said it, just directly into my ear. Hundley, who is the president of an aircraft parts company in Idaho, then allegedly smacked Jonah.

"When I had looked at Jonah's face, he had, his eye was swollen...and it was bleeding," Bennett said. "I was just scared to death."

That's when fellow travelers stepped in. "Ms. Bennett received assistance from several people on the plane, including male passenger Todd Wooten," court documents said. Wooten, who was seated in row 16, said he heard derogatory language coming from the rear of the aircraft and witnessed Hundley slapping the child.

Hundley was charged with assault in an Atlanta federal court. His attorney, Marcia Shein, said nobody should rush to judgement and that Hundley would be pleading not guilty.
    No one should rush to judgement?

The guy slapped a 19-month-old kid whose ears hurt from the changing pressure in a descending aircraft -- pretty standard fare for kids on planes. And called him a "nigger." Even with a good imagination, it's hard to put a positive spin on that.

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...opstories.html
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    At least it wasn't traffic-cone orange.
    And we are going to kick out our Prime Minister (look to your left) next September. Some say it is because of her red hair.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And we are going to kick out our Prime Minister (look to your left) next September.
    My avatars are rarely turned on.
    But I remember what she looked like.

Some say it is because of her red hair.
    What an evil world we live in, if we would judge someone by the color of their hair.
    This is especially not fair since some men do not even have hair by which to be judged by.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Senior Member Array Chaotic Harmony's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And we are going to kick out our Prime Minister (look to your left) next September. Some say it is because of her red hair.
    Can we have her?

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Harmony View Post
    Can we have her?
    We don't have a presidential system, so apart from voting Julia into parliament, we didn't vote her into the prime ministership, her party, the Labor party voted her in as leader, and so prime minister.

But Labor will loose the next election in September and so we will have a new prime minister. This leaves me in a quandary without an avatar. I thought Ayaan Hirsi Ali might be suitable, but what do you think?

garbage

Pennsylvania graduate student sues, says C-plus cost her $1.3M
    Graduate student Megan Thode wasn't happy about the C-plus she received for one class, saying the mediocre grade kept her from getting her desired degree and becoming a licensed therapist -- and, as a result, cost her $1.3 million in lost earnings.

Now Thode is suing her professor and Lehigh University in Bethlehem, claiming monetary damages and seeking a grade change.

A judge is hearing testimony in the case this week in Northampton County Court. Lehigh and the professor contend her lawsuit is without merit. Northampton County Judge Emil Giordano declined to dismiss the suit Wednesday, ruling that there was enough evidence for the suit to proceed, according to The (Easton) Express-Times.
    [...]
    The C-plus prevented Thode, an otherwise A student, from going on to the next class and advancing in her professional therapist studies, the newspaper reported. She wound up getting a master's degree in human development instead.
    I wonder if she took this up with the dean first or if she went straight to the courtroom.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Pennsylvania graduate student sues, says C-plus cost her $1.3M

I wonder if she took this up with the dean first or if she went straight to the courtroom.
    Wow. No Idea. Psych is a pain, you have to get a doctorate to reach the higher levels. She must have something with credibility to bring to the court, since the judge didn't dismiss it; and it says she was an A student otherwise.

Funny -- I went to college at Lafayette in Easton, PA. Lehigh (in Bethlehem) was our rival. My grandparents lived about 5 minutes from the campus. I was there a few times.

Michael Behe, the Intelligent Design guy, was/is a prof at Lehigh. Their mascot used to be the Engineers.

garbage

Wow. No Idea. Psych is a pain, you have to get a doctorate to reach the higher levels.
    Very true.
    She must have something with credibility to bring to the court, since the judge didn't dismiss it;
    Very true, too. I wonder what the "evidence for the suit to proceed" was.

"The Engineers"? I've gotta look up their mascot.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

"Crazy Sh*t Colleges Do" edition.

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    "The Engineers"? I've gotta look up their mascot.
    I think it was a guy with a slide rule. No kidding. I mean, WE were cool -- the Lafayette Leopards! Engineers? not so cool.

EDIT: Haha, they changed it in '95 to the Mountain Hawks. No wonder.
    http://articles.mcall.com/1995-11-08...student-senate

I mean, this:

Vs this:

Which shows more badassery?

PS. Wait, I think I knew a guy at college who looked like that. he was scary.

Senior Member Array Chaotic Harmony's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

"Crazy Sh*t Colleges Do" edition.

I think it was a guy with a slide rule. No kidding. I mean, WE were cool -- the Lafayette Leopards! Engineers? not so cool.

EDIT: Haha, they changed it in '95 to the Mountain Hawks. No wonder.
    http://articles.mcall.com/1995-11-08...student-senate

I mean, this:

Vs this:

Which shows more badassery?

PS. Wait, I think I knew a guy at college who looked like that. he was scary.
    And here in Indiana we have...

University of Evansville Purple Aces...

Notre Dame's Fighting Irish...

Purdue Boilermakes... Granted... He does carry a rather large hammer... I'd probably avoid him...

Page 56 of 88 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast