User Tag List

First 345671555 Last

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    This is the first I've read about this and I can't find out what became of the dispute:

Jilted Ex-boyfriend Puts Up Abortion Billboard

If the woman's friends are telling the truth and he isn't, doesn't that qualify as slander or libel?
    I guess it could be considered libel. If there's no record of an abortion and no record of a miscarriage, then it'd be pointless to sue over.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...185717972.html

Man suffers heart attack while eating at Heart Attack Grill

Millions of Americans watch what they eat. But one Las Vegas man has painfully discovered that where you eat can have a big impact on your health as well. In a story almost too bizarre to be true, a man suffered a heart attack after eating a "triple bypass burger" at the Heart Attack Grill in downtown Las Vegas, local affiliate Fox5 reports.

As comically tragic as that may sound, no one can sue the restaurant for not issuing fair warning. Its website proudly proclaims the menu offers, "Taste Worth Dying For!" (Fortunately, the man in question survived his attack.)...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

A great moment of Americanism. You should be proud.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    A great moment of Americanism. You should be proud.
    Actually, we might be better off cleansing the gene pool....

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...000913724.html

DC man’s ‘NO TAGS’ vanity plate earns him $20,000 in tickets

Washington, D.C. driver Danny White thought he had a really good idea for a joke. But the joke's on him--to the tune of $20,000, reports local affiliate NBC4.

White's prank started 25 years ago when he got a vanity license plate reading, "NO TAGS." He told NBC4 that he was "Just having fun!" and that "D.C. don't get the joke. They don't get it."

The issue? Each time a car without proper identification is cited for a violation, a DMV employee enters "NO TAGS" into their paperwork. Because White's vanity plate is registered with the District of Columbia's DMV, his name and vehicle appear in the computer's system whenever a "NO TAGS" violation is entered. Notices for the fines are then mailed to White's residence...

the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

Taking into account all kinds of societal forces at work in opposition to one another, I hardly know which direction to start clarifying my position on or working out aloud in response to this. But, f*cking hell modern world, you're breaking my heart.

'Am I Ugly' Videos Spark Disturbing YouTube Trend

Tragic Trend: Teens Ask YouTube Commenters If They’re Ugly"]Teens Ask YouTube Commenters If They're Ugly
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    <xkcd image>
    I printed this one out, btw, and it's hanging outside my cube at work, surrounded by geek devs and db'ers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yes,it's like she was operating on assumptions: "The guy rescued the dog; it must be tame; therefore I can do whatever around it.
    I don't think I'd ever approach a dog like the one on her show, in the way she did, especially putting such a vulnerable part of herself forward like that; not only is it risky, but it's confrontational putting your face that close to a strange dog's face on its level.
    I know that news articles can be unfairly succinct, but I get the damndest impression from this newsstory follow-up that this woman is chalking the whole thing up to a "freak accident' and hasn't learned a GD thing.

Denver News Anchor Bitten by Dog

"It was a fluke, it happened," Dyer told the Denver Post. "It could have been so much worse. Not once was I afraid or scared. Yeah, it hurt, but having a baby hurt more."

Dyer received 70 stitches and had her mouth stitched shut so that she could heal. A plastic surgeon grafted skin from her lower lip to build her a new upper lip, the Denver Post reported.

"We all think we know how to pet a dog, but we don't. You know, I don't, obviously," Dyer said. "By the end of that interview, it was just a fluke. I didn't see anything that I felt threatened [by]. I didn't realize that I was threatening [the dog]. It just happened."
    Dyer said the negativity was a "shame" because, for her, the experience had been oddly positive, and she is looking forward to getting back to work.

"I just keep reading the letters and know that I'm going to heal," she said. "I don't know how quickly, but I will and I'll be better than ever."
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/unplugg...183238439.html

Okay, it's actually a little more endearing than stupid, and since it was a 3-year-old, I can be forgiving and even say the kid might have been SMART for his age...

Ask Noah for a little help [with the Claw game, where you snag prizes with the overhead claw]

If all else fails, give Noah Jeffrey a call. This three-year-old Australian toddler made himself a hero to all disgruntled claw machine players a few weeks ago when he squeezed his way inside one of the devices and began handing out prizes to passers-by. There's nothing quite like the direct approach.

Don't try this at home, though, even if you do have a cooperative three-year-old on hand. Noah reportedly found the machine hot, lacking in oxygen, and uncomfortable, and almost had to be rescued by the fire department. He was unscathed by his adventure, but your little brother and/or sister might not be so fortunate.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :newwink:
  • :wink:
  • ;)