User Tag List

First 39474849505159 Last

Not crazy in the classical sense, but thought I'd post this anyways. Puts a derpy smile on my face.

Deborah Bishop, Mississippi Teacher, Uses Thousands In Game Show Winnings To Treat Students, Create Scholarships

A Mississippi teacher is the star of the show at West Harrison High School in Harrison County.

Spanish teacher Deborah Bishop treated her 20 Spanish Honor Society students to a night on the town Wednesday -- dinner at a fancy New Orleans restaurant, limousine pick-up and tickets to the opera, all while dropping off toy donations at the Children's Hospital on the way.

The night was a pricey excursion, costing Bishop $3,000 out of pocket, but was all made possible by a $23,500 prize she won in September on TV game show "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?"
    source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1..._ref=education

garbage

Here we go.

Teen writes death threat to Santa

A British teenager has threatened to kill Santa Claus if she doesn't get what she wants.

"This Christmas, I don't ask for much, so if I don't get at least two of the things I want, I will literally kill you! Do you understand?! Oh, also, I'll hunt down your reindeers, cook them and serve their meat to homeless people on Christmas Day," Mekeeda Austin, 13, wrote in her letter, the Daily Mail reported. "No one wants that, so here's what I want."

The girl lists a BlackBerry, money, a dress, high-top Converse shoes and the real Justin Bieber.

"Remember, two of these or you die," she wrote, signing it, "Love from Keedy."

Her mother found the letter and said she thought the letter was humorous, and she'll try to get her daughter everything she wants.

"I know it sounds like she is spoiled but I like to get my daughter what she wants, also you don't want to get on the wrong side of her," Tracey Soares told the newspaper, although she admitted getting the Canadian pop singer might be difficult because Bieber "will be busy with (his) own (family) on Christmas Day."

Austin told the reporter she didn't see any problem with the letter.

"I want all of these things and I don't see why I shouldn't get them," she said.
    Bolded are the parts that I actually find crazy, if they're not actually joking.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2011/12/14/...hreat-to-santa

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm not sure whether this item is an indictment of the people (who I feel kind of bad for even mentioning) or of god/higher deity....

Olivia Kuljian, 18, watched from the northern California beach Saturday as her brother, 16-year-old Gregory Kuljian, went into the rough surf after their dog was swept away by a 10-foot-wave. The Kuljian's parents then went in after Gregory, and all three were pulled out into the ocean by the rough surf.

...The bodies of the girl's parents were found hours later on the beach. A search for Gregory was called off Sunday and his body has not been found.

David Scott, who lives in Florida, said that the family is waiting until the body of Gregory is recovered to make funeral arrangements. The family's friends in Humboldt County, Calif., have rallied around Olivia and the extended family, he said.

...The dog was playing fetch with a stick on the steep beach when the 10-foot-swell came in, according to Coast Guard Lt. Bernie Garrigan.

"The beach is incredibly steep, and we had 10 foot swells... come through there Saturday, and it is really really steep, so the 10 foot waves smashes directly on the beach. They were throwing a stick for the dog, and the dog ran too close to the water and got pulled in," Garrigan said.

Gregory ran toward the water but was also pulled in. Howard Kuljian, 54, and his wife, Mary Scott, 57, then went to try and rescue their son.

...The U.S. Coast Guard said that Gregory would not have been able to survive in the cold water past Sunday.

http://gma.yahoo.com/daughter-saw-fa...opstories.html
    I mean, it sounds like a bad call all around, for the boy to go in, but understandable.
    And then a bad call by the parents, but understandable.

The part, though, where I want to slap any "higher power" is the next line.

The dog survived the incident.
    What a mess.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    Holy shit. They just let her keep talking and talking, too.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Seals are people too.

And if this isn't crazy, I don't know what is.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

The poor guy will be immortilized forever with this pic. How many are so lucky. *sigh*
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

someone's Twitter, because the photo she used in her FaceBook header (apparently not belonging to her) was removed:

just wanted to have a nice holiday cover photo on Facebook, they remove it because it was #copyright #isweareverythingiscopyrightthesedays
    Uh... well... yeah. if you didn't take the picture yourself and it was professionally done, someone else owns the rights. It's like complaining because you tried to walk out of a store carrying a coffee pot that you didn't pay for, then bitching that they made you put it back.

(except typically photo rights are not as strongly enforced due to the commonplace aspect + volume of pics out there)

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

DailyMail.
    A 37-year-old woman allegedly kept skeleton parts in her flat so she could have sex with them.

The Swedish woman is suspected of using 100 parts, which included six skulls and one backbone, in ‘sexual situations’ and was charged with violating the peace of the deceased, prosecutors said.

Police also allegedly found CDs titled ‘My Necrophilia’ and ‘My first experience’ as well as photos in which a woman is seen kissing and hugging the skulls, reported Swedish news agency TT.
    If this is true then I give up.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

And then we get THIS crazy shit.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/12/1...-sex-marriage/

On his radio program Monday morning, Dobson said the country was facing judgment after turning its back on God.

“I mean millions of people have decided that God doesn’t exist, or he’s irrelevant to me and we have killed fifty-four million babies and the institution of marriage is right on the verge of a complete redefinition,” the influential conservative explained. “Believe me, that is going to have consequences too.”

“And a lot of these things are happening around us, and somebody is going to get mad at me for saying what I am about to say right now, but I am going to give you my honest opinion: I think we have turned our back on the Scripture and on God Almighty and I think he has allowed judgment to fall upon us. I think that’s what’s going on.”

....Dobson is not the first to link the horrific massacre of 20 children in Newtown to social conservative issues. A pastor in Tennessee blamed public schools for teaching “junk about evolution” and “how to be a homo.” Bryan Fischer of the American Family Association said God did not protect the children in Newtown because prayer was not sponsored by public schools. Fox News host Mike Huckabee said the shooting resulted from God being removed from American culture.
    The funny thing is that, while they're focused on pushing their religious agenda on a political front, what I saw was a tragedy instigated by one person... followed by scores of people who stepped in and showed the "face of God" to those who are grieving, and people who sacrificed so that some might be saved.

For people who claim to know God, they seem far more acquainted with recognizing evil than grace.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :bye:
  • :hi:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: