User Tag List

Page 48 of 91 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy Sh*t People Do

garbage

Given how perfectionistic she apparently is, her grammar and spelling is absolutely atrocious.

RDF

"Feds Bust Man Who Returned Used Enemas"

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...ictment-576341

Some fellow in Florida used some enemas then put the empty containers back in the box and returned them to the store for a refund. He's a career criminal; he probably figured it was a petty rip-off, good for a few bucks. But the crime falls under drug tampering, so it may be one of the more serious crimes he has committed:

"If convicted of the felony rap, Robinson faces a maximum of ten years in prison and a $250,000 fine. Robinson, who is currently on state probation, has a lengthy rap sheet that includes arrests for burglary, battery, passing bad checks, damage to property, and criminal mischief."

(Figured it was a good news item for this thread, given the thread title.)

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I guess in this case, saying he's "taking it both barrels up the tailpipe" has real meaning.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

RDF

He's not going to get a lot of respect when he explains to his cellmate(s) in the local penitentiary what he's serving time for.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Just heard this on the evening news:

nypd officer accused of plotting to kidnap cook women

A city police officer was charged Thursday in a ghoulish plot to kidnap and torture women and then cook and eat their body parts.

Gilberto Valle sent numerous emails and other Internet communications about the torture and cannibalism scheme, according to a criminal complaint. He identified and catalogued at least 100 women on his computer, investigators said, but there was no information that anyone was harmed.

"I was thinking of tying her body onto some kind of apparatus ... cook her over low heat, keep her alive as long as possible," Valle allegedly wrote in one exchange in July, the complaint says.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

"A lobster in every pot," indeed...

So who was he sharing these e-mails with? His rachel Ray "cooking to make friends and influence people" Meetup.com group?

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

how about crazy shit that animals do?

"Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

http://news.yahoo.com/early-voting-e...180855857.html

MIAMI (Reuters) - Early voting was extended on Sunday at a central Florida polling site that was disrupted a day earlier by a bomb scare, and voters were allowed to cast absentee ballots in person in several other counties that had been plagued by long lines.

Saturday was the last day for early voting in Florida, where polls showed Democratic President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney running neck-and-neck.

But Orange County Elections Supervisor Bill Cowles reopened the polls at one site, a library in the Orlando suburb of Winter Park, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday.

The library was evacuated and voting there was suspended for four hours on Saturday because suspicious items were found on the grounds. A bomb squad safely detonated both - a cooler containing small electronics and what investigators described as a bag of miscellaneous garbage.
    Ballots cast at the library on Sunday will be held as provisional ballots in case of a successful challenge to the judge's ruling that allowed the voting to resume on Sunday.
    Provisional ballots? *eye roll*

Obviously some people really disagree on who to vote for for President. It is what it is. But can't people just stop actually trying to disenfranchise legitimate voters? It seems rather pathetic. The time to argue is past. Let's just vote, see who won, and move on.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

For the "crazy shit people say" category:

Denise Helms, Woman Who Called Obama The N-Word, Takes It Back, Receives Threats (VIDEO)

...Frustrated by President Barack Obama's reelection Tuesday night, the 22-year-old woman voiced her displeasure in an angry post that was quickly picked up by national news outlets. “Another 4 years of this (N-word),” Helms wrote. “Maybe he will get assassinated this term.”

...The backlash was swift.

Helms lost her job as a store manager at a local Cold Stone Creamery, and the Modesto/Stanislaus NAACP contacted Cold Stone Creamery officials about the incident. According to the Modesto Bee, the store received about 20 angry messages about Helms on Thursday.

When pressed about the post, Helms said she was not a racist. “It does [sound like I'm a racist],” Helms said, “but I am not.

Page 48 of 91 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast