User Tag List

First 34424344454654 Last

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Please let this be a hoax.

I'm not sure which would be worse -- him doing this to her, or her choosing to marry him anyway.
    Look out for the wacky Adam Sandler comedy-then-suddenly-melodrama coming up!
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

I'm not sure which would be worse -- him doing this to her, or her choosing to marry him anyway.
    If my s.o. did this to me I would be absolutely furious. I would also probably leave him as it would seem to me he has some serious emotional and trust issues.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Police: Angry Ex-Girlfriend Triggered US Airways Bomb Hoax

A bomb hoax in Philadelphia that turned a Dallas-bound flight around and led to a full-scale SWAT response was apparently triggered by a spiteful ex-girlfriend who telephoned authorities to say her former beau was aboard the US Air flight armed with liquid explosives, police told ABC News.
    Enjoy prison!

&

France shooting: 'There was noise, I was scared', said girl who hid from killers

As a British cyclist puffed his way up the steep climb of the Comte d’Ira near Lake Annecy on Wednesday afternoon, he was overtaken by a Frenchman who was heading towards a woodland car park popular as the starting point for forest walks and mountain-biking trails.

Minutes later, the RAF veteran who had been slower up the hill discovered a scene of unimaginable horror. Inside a BMW estate car, its windows riddled with bullet holes and its engine still running, were the bodies of three British holidaymakers, Saad al-Hilli, his wife Iqbal and her 77-year-old mother.
    Apparently just missing the shooting, "[t]he Hilli’s seven-year-old daughter, Zainab, stumbled around the front of the car towards the cyclist, before collapsing, critically injured. She had been shot and battered so severely her skull had been fractured."

The man stabilized her (she's in a medically induced coma) and called the authorities.

But it's not over yet!

But at about 11pm a family staying on the pitch beside the Hillis gave the police a startling piece of information: there were two children, not one, in the family. Abandoning their usual investigatory procedures, the police opened the car doors and found Zeena, hidden by bags in the passenger footwell, where she had lain motionless and silent for almost eight hours.
    Just crazy.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    [...]
    God's worst invention: people.

omg... still laughing...! (and crying. What a shame.)
    I knew an internet meme was coming. Did you two see this?

"The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    God's worst invention: people.
    I hope God never goes out for a wild night of booze and drugs again before a major creative spree.

he should have never read Hunter S. Thompson. Dammit.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

More just a horrible mistake. But this one is near and dear to me -- Red Lion is the school district I lived next to when I was in York; I sent out my passport packet from there, and took my cat to the vet there.

Note to school districts: If you are going to produce a field-side banner aiming at increasing sponsorship via the sales of other similar banners, make sure that your own product is spell checked -- and word checked -- before it goes to the printers, and after it comes out.

The Red Lion School District's unfortunate athletic sponsorship sign. ... Go ahead and read the text on that sign twice. The spelling mistake is as embarrassing as it is innocuous.

Clearly, Red Lion officials were advocating that they were a purveyor of public education, not "pubic education." That was confirmed by Don Dimoff, the marketing and communications manager for the Red Lion School District in a conversation with Prep Rally on Thursday.

"To be honest with you, all that really happened was the sign company made a spelling error, and in the midst of putting it up for a football game some of the other people missed it," Dimoff told Prep Rally. "As soon as we found out about it the damage had already been done. It was an honest mistake. It doesn't reflect on the quality of our sponsors or our programs. It was just an honest mistake by a sign company.

"It's been a rough few days. Unfortunately, these are the few things that get you on the map, we're doing a lot of good things with our sponsorship program and now all anyone will remember is this. We're creating partnerships not just with athletics, but also with the school district. There's a lot of colleges where the college is the town and the town is the college. We're trying to do that for our schools here in a similar way."

While the mistake was clearly an honest one, the ramifications on Dimoff and the Red Lion area have been significant...
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highsc...165116379.html
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Cool YOLO

http://rap.about.com/b/2012/09/09/ra...fore-death.htm

Rapper Tweets "YOLO" Moments Before He Dies in a Drunk Driving Crash

At a time when activists are calling for more responsibility in hip-hop, the genre finds itself under the microscope again. People are blaming "YOLO (You Only Live Once)," an expression popularized by Drake, for the death of five young men in Ontario, California.

Ervin McKinness, who rapped as Inkky, thumbed several YOLO tweets before his death. McKinness and four other 20-somethings died in a drunk driving accident on Labor Day in Ontario. Marquell Bogan (23), Dylan George (20), Jonathan Watson (21), and JaJuan Bennett (23) also died in the crash.

McKinness' tweets just minutes before the tragic crash are heartbreaking:

"Driving tweeting sipping the cup f-ck yolo I'm turning it up"
    "Drunk af going 120 drifting corners #F-kIt YOLO"

According to VIBE, the men were out celebrating a new record deal. McKinness was not the one driving. The LA Weekly is reporting that 21-year-old Jonathan Watson was the driver.

As for those blaming YOLO for this tragedy, you're absolutely right. YOLO bought them alcohol, jumped behind the wheels, and then crashed that Nissan Sentra at 120 MPH.

Look, no matter how you feel about the expression, you truly only have one life1 and you should live it to the fullest. Every day. But living it up does not = a lack of judgment. In fact, it means the opposite of what McKinness and his friends were doing.

See also: The YOLO Drivers Who Tweet Behind the Wheel

(1Unless you believe in reincarnation, of course. My folks still think I'm a reincarnated version of my grandfather.)

garbage

hahaha let's all stand up for our rights
    SMART ASS LEARNS NOT TO RUN HIS MOUTH AT THE COURT HOUSE

This guy has a court date and instead of going in and acting respectful, he decides to take his video camera and try out all the First Amendment stuff he’s been reading on the internet. The only problem is, cameras aren’t allowed in the court room unless you’re a credentialed member of the press. As he tries to push his way past a guard, he gets a shocking lesson.
    A friend of mine described this video best--it triggers a sympathetic embarrassment reflex, then gets utterly hilarious.

I'm amazed that the people he interacts with remain so calm and even-tempered.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :wubbie:
  • :smile:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: