INT_

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Yeah I know, right?
    No, I don't.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    No, I don't.
    It's crazy and someone is doing it. What's there to not understand?

Yeah it's a game but I consider that a good thing. Rather crazy fake stuff than crazy real stuff.

There should be a law that if you do crazy stuff it can't be real. I'd like to have it so that "Crazy shit people do" never pertains to reality.

garbage

Priest Blames Child Victims Of Sex Abuse For Seducing Their Abusers
    A New York Priest publicly suggested on Monday that child victims of sexual abuse seduced their abusers, using the remarks as a launching pad to defend convicted child predator and Penn State football Coach Jerry Sandusky.

Father Benedict Groeschel, the director of the Office for Spiritual Development for the Catholic Archdiocese of New York, wrote an opinion piece for the National Catholic Register (which has since been taken down and replaced with several apologies) calling Sandusky a “poor guy” and blaming the victims of sexual abuse. Andrew Sullivan has the remarks:

People have this picture in their minds of a person planning to — a psychopath. But that’s not the case. Suppose you have a man having a nervous breakdown, and a youngster comes after him. A lot of the cases, the youngster — 14, 16, 18 — is the seducer … It’s not so hard to see — a kid looking for a father and didn’t have his own — and they won’t be planning to get into heavy-duty sex, but almost romantic, embracing, kissing, perhaps sleeping but not having intercourse or anything like that.

It’s an understandable thing …

Here’s this poor guy — [Penn State football coach Jerry] Sandusky — it went on for years. Interesting: Why didn’t anyone say anything? Apparently, a number of kids knew about it and didn’t break the ice.

Groeschel was one of the founders of a Catholic ex-gay group named “Courage” and wrote a book titled “The Courage To Be Chaste” that urges gay men to lead a life of celibacy to avoid temptation.

It has been reported that Groeschel was in a debilitating car accident and that “in recent months his health, memory and cognitive ability have been failing.” On the web page for his apology, colleagues said, “We hope that these unfortunate statements will not overshadow the great good Fr. Benedict has done.”

There is no explanation yet for why the Register would print such comments, except for their explanation that it was “an editorial mistake, for which we sincerely apologize.” The conservative Catholic League rushed to Groeschel’s defense, but other progressive Catholics have called out the sentiment, saying they “cannot stand unchallenged.”
    I am putting this out there with no commentary.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Priest Blames Child Victims Of Sex Abuse For Seducing Their Abusers

Sounds like someone had a similar problem and was trying to justify his own urges.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I heard about this days ago but forgot to post it.

Toddler “Fight Club” Video Leads To Daycare Workers’ Arrest
    Horrendous.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

garbage

RNC Delegate Offended By Presence of ‘Mexican’ At Disney’s Epcot Center
    During a trip to Epcot at Disneyworld, Pennsylvania delegate Mark Harris and his wife were shocked and offended to find a Mexican employee working at the amusement park’s American pavilion, which showcases the different cultures in the United States. According to the couple’s blog, Harris complained to staff that he was “highly offended” that a “person from Mexico” was working in the American pavilion when other nations’ pavilions were staffed by people from each respective country:

The local GOP in Snyder County, Pennsylvania has rushed to disavow Harris’ overtly racist comments. County Commissioner Malcolm Derk told The Daily Item, “Americans are people of any race, color or heritage. Cheers to the individual working at Epcot for showing what a true American looks like.”

[...]

Except, like, I bolded part of it

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Please let this be a hoax.

Before Proposing to Girlfriend, Man Fakes His Own Death to Show Her How Meaningless Life Would Be Without Him

A wealthy Russian businessman who wanted to propose to his girlfriend decided to test her love for him before popping the question — by faking his own death.

After working with a stuntman, a make-up artist, a screenwriter, and a directer to stage a phony car crash, 30-year-old Alexey Bykov of Omsk told Irina Kolokov to meet him at a certain place at a certain time so she could witness the accident.

"When I arrived there were mangled cars everywhere, ambulances, smoke, and carnage," Kolokov told Russian media. "Then when I saw Alexey covered in blood lying in the road a paramedic told me he was dead and I just broke down in tears."

With his mission accomplished, Bykov rose from the dead and proposed to his stunned partner while drenched in "blood." Kolokov said she contemplated killing him "for real this time," but decided to agree to marry the lunatic instead.

"I wanted her to realise how empty her life would be without me and how life would have no meaning without me," Bykov said. "I think it worked but I promise it's the last time."

http://gawker.com/5940288/before-pro...be-without-him
    I'm not sure which would be worse -- him doing this to her, or her choosing to marry him anyway.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

The local GOP in Snyder County, Pennsylvania has rushed to disavow Harris’ overtly racist comments.
    Now you guys are getting an idea of what it's like growing up where I grew up and/or living where I have lived in PA. That area of PA (north of Harrisburg) I think is pretty much all white lower class conservative and includes the "pennsylvania redneck" demographic.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Banned
    MBTI
    SEXY
    Enneagram
    hot
    Socionics
    body

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Seriously? That's it?
    It's a trap based on a "glitch" in the system.
    Say a person get's a disorderly conduct [drinking in public and acting like a jackass]. The max sentence is something like 90 days. So if a judge doesn't particularly like that person they can take them out after 12 days with a suspended sentence. 78 days are left suspended now.

Then the judge can slap on a 2 year probation period where they have to show up once every week to a meeting [that's suck for vacation time].

So, lets say the Probation officer doesn't care for the individual on probation who shows up once a week. They drug test all the time [getting drunk or high's out at this point]. And say it's almost at that two year period where they'll be free.

Then all of a sudden there's a probation violation, a little glitch in the paper work. Now that person has to serve the 78 days anyway, and they were on probation for 2 years [close]. When they get out of jail the judge can put them on MORE probation. And the P.O. can say they violated it again [even if they didn't]. And they can get sent back to jail, again. over and over in an endless cycle of what the fuck.