@.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    That's nothing. Even more recent... On the anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic, we did a special exhibit at the library on all things Titanic. History books, biographies of passengers on the fateful trip, and offered a screening of the James Cameron film in our conference room. I cannot tell you how many patrons said to me "You mean the Titanic was real? That really happened? Oh my gosh, I never knew!"

I weep for you America. I weep.
    That just really scares the crap outta me.
    What kind of illiterates are we raising in this country, if we don't even know enough to separate history from fiction?

That kind of poor discernment and ignorance impacts everything from balancing your personal budget to voting for someone running for office.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Vickie Jo Mills of Ayr Township, Pa.... who has a child with Nesbitt, told Pennsylvania State Police she put Visine drops, medicinally used to "get the red out" of eyes, into his drinking water 10 to 12 times since June 2009.
    I knew the so-called "Type Fairy" had a nasty streak...
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That just really scares the crap outta me.
    What kind of illiterates are we raising in this country, if we don't even know enough to separate history from fiction?

That kind of poor discernment and ignorance impacts everything from balancing your personal budget to voting for someone running for office.
    Worse yet, the majority weren't under 20 saying that, they were over 40. #swearitsthetruth
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

http://www.businessnewsdaily.com/208...kes-avoid.html

Things that applicants actually did during interviews... bad call!

· The candidate brought a "how to interview" book with him to the interview.

· The candidate asked, "What company is this again?"

· The candidate put the interviewer on hold during a phone interview. When she came back on the line, she told the interviewer she had a date set up for Friday.

· The candidate wore a Boy Scout uniform and never told interviewers why.

· The candidate talked about promptness as one of her strengths after showing up 10 minutes late.

· On the way to the interview, the candidate passed, cut off and flipped his middle finger at a driver who happened to be the interviewer.

· The candidate took off his shoes during the interview.

· The candidate asked for a sip of the interviewer's coffee.

· When a candidate interviewing for a security position wasn't hired on the spot, he painted graffiti on the building.

· Candidate was arrested by federal authorities during the interview when the background check revealed the person had an outstanding warrant.

· Candidate told the interviewer she wasn't sure if the job offered was worth "starting the car for."

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Some of those people sound like the morons they are, and I bet some of them are right on the money, esp. that last one.

Default Top Nevada Court Says Attorney Son Can Represent Dad in Divorce From Mom

Top Nevada Court Says Attorney Son Can Represent Dad in Divorce From Mom

Nixing arguments by Marie Josephine Liapis that her son is a potential witness in the divorce and could eventually inherit from his parents' estate, the court said in a Thursday opinion (PDF) that these concerns were too tenuous and any appearance of impropriety is immaterial because it isn't at issue under applicable legal ethics rules.

In fact, the court found, the protesting parent didn't even have a right to seek to boot her legal eagle offspring from the case, because she "has not established that she shared a confidential or fiduciary relationship with Mark sufficient to give her standing to seek his disqualification."

No ethical rule prohibits a child from representing a parent, and anything that the mother may have told the son, seemingly in confidence, is not a "legally recognizable confidential relationship" unless a privileged or fiduciary relationship can be demonstrated, the opinion explains.

Thus, "absent an ethical breach by the attorney that affects the fairness of the entire litigation or a proven confidential relationship between the nonclient parent and the attorney, the nonclient parent lacks standing to seek disqualification," the court holds.
    Damn that's harsh. If they didn't have bad blood before, they sure as hell will now. Unless the son is a potential stealth saboteur on her behalf. Anyone see Sleepers? I still don't see how this is admissible by the court.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    That's nothing. Even more recent... On the anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic, we did a special exhibit at the library on all things Titanic. History books, biographies of passengers on the fateful trip, and offered a screening of the James Cameron film in our conference room. I cannot tell you how many patrons said to me "You mean the Titanic was real? That really happened? Oh my gosh, I never knew!"

I weep for you America. I weep.
    I weep for you too. In what distant galaxy could this be worse than believing "theres only been 2012 years"!!!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    I weep for you too. In what distant galaxy could this be worse than believing "theres only been 2012 years"!!!?
    My standards for <21 differ from my standards for >40.

garbage

Pff, yeah, everyone knows that there's been 6000 years. What morons

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Pff, yeah, everyone knows that there's been 6000 years. What morons
    Is that including the chronology in the Apocrypha, or not?

Page 40 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast