User Tag List

First 2937383940414989 Last

MBTI
    IsFJ

Vermont man uses tractor to flatten 8 police cars

A man driving a farm tractor ran over eight vehicles in the parking lot of a Vermont police station in an apparent revenge scheme, according to local reports.

Police said Roger Pion, 34, of Newport, Vt., flattened seven marked police cruisers and one unmarked personal vehicle at the Orleans County Sheriff’s Department in Derby, Vt., around 12:40 p.m. Thursday.

“We came out and sure enough there was someone who had run over our cruisers with a tractor,” Chief Dep. Philip Brooks of the Orleans County Sheriff’s Dept. told WCAX.

Not only were their roofs and hoods caved in, but “the radios are ruined, the radar detectors, the cages in the cars … We’re going to have to get the jaws of life up here to pry the trunks open and see about the rifles and shotguns,” Sheriff Kirk Martin told the Associated Press.

With the vehicles crushed, police had no way to pursue Pion after he drove off in the tractor.

“It felt like I was in a Monster Jam rally or something,” witness Rene Morris told WCAX. “I just couldn’t believe it. He’s backing up, going over it, turns around, makes his way to the other vehicles smashes those up, did his business and headed right down Route 5.”

Police eventually caught up with Pion a mile and a half from the police station and arrested him. The motive is still under investigation, but witnesses believe Pion was angry about his recent arrest for marijuana possession and resisting arrest.

The damage is estimated to be about $250,000, according to police.

No one was injured. At least two deputies had gone inside a few moments before after washing their vehicles, officers said.

Brooks said the destroyed vehicles constituted more than half of the fleet of sheriff’s cruisers in the rural county on the Canadian border. The others were out on patrol. Since the incident, neighboring counties have offered their help.

“We have other county sheriff’s departments who are offering cruisers to us,” Brooks said. “We’ve already had one county that’s dropped one off to us and we’ve got two others that are on the way.”

It’s not known where Pion got the tractor but police said he comes from a farm family.

Pion was held at the Northern State Correctional Center in Newport in lieu of $15,000 bail.

He is expected to appear in Orleans County Criminal Court Friday to answer to seven counts of felony unlawful mischief, one count of misdemeanor unlawful mischief, one count of aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer, one count of gross negligent operation, and one count of leaving the scene of an accident.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    That's f'ed up. And the dude is a pediatrician....

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Sadly, because of her actions... She's now lost the custody battle and her ex has custody.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Damn.

Elderly Woman Attacked In Golden Gate Park For Scolding Bothersome Youth

An 82-year-old woman landed in the hospital with a life-threatening head injury after a 40-something jerk pushed her to the ground near Stow Lake in Golden Gate Park on Friday. According to police, the woman did what anyone's grandmother would have done and scolded a child she spotted bothering a goose in the lake. The suspect didn't like the scolding however, and allegedly pushed the woman, causing her to hit her head.

Remorse over the incident must have kicked in quick because the guy helped the woman back on her feet before the two went their separate ways around 11 a.m. Friday morning. When the victim got home, she reported not feeling well and went to the hospital where doctors put her in critical condition for the head injury. The 40-something suspect had not been identified as of this morning.

If anyone did happen to see the elder abuse, they are encouraged to call SFPD's anonymous tipline at (415) 575-4444 or via text message to TIP411.
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Really sad, as it does sounds like she didn't mean to do it... but it's too late to fix anything.

http://gma.yahoo.com/bride-accused-m...opstories.html

A bride-to-be is charged with murder after allegedly stabbing her fiance just hours before the couple's wedding was to start near Whitehall, Pa. Na Cola Darcel Franklin, 31, and her fiance Billy Rafael Brewster, 36, were planning to tie the knot at 10 a.m. on Saturday, but at some point during the night, Franklin and Brewster began arguing, Steve Luksa, first deputy to the Lehigh County District Attorney, told ABCNews.com. In the heat of the argument, Franklin allegedly stabbed Brewster twice with a kitchen knife, police said.
    During her arraignment Saturday afternoon, Franklin told District Judge Donna Butler, "You got to check again," unable to comprehend that Brewster was dead, the Allentown Morning Call reported. She cried, rocked herself back and forth and eventually choked out, "I ... did ... not ... kill ... him ... on ... purpose."
    Weird too, because I think I know where they took him -- I've passed it numerous times.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

And! She won't get his assets to help with her murder defense!

You have to kill after you are named in the will or legally married. Sheesh, worst black widow ever.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    You have to kill after you are named in the will or legally married. Sheesh, worst black widow ever.
    I told you spiders were evil, but no one would believe me.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Scary -- McConnellsburg, the county seat and main town in this township, is right across the ridge from where I went to high school. Again, middle of nowhere where I grew up, and this is a slight bit FURTHER off the beaten path. There's nothing over there. Fulton County is actually listed in Wikipedia as the most Republican county (possibly) in the Northeast USA based on consistent voting margins.

A 33-year-old Pennsylvania woman could spend the rest of her life in prison after admitting to police that she repeatedly poisoned her boyfriend with Visine eye drops for more than three years in a bid for his attention.

Vickie Jo Mills of Ayr Township, Pa.... who has a child with Nesbitt, told Pennsylvania State Police she put Visine drops, medicinally used to "get the red out" of eyes, into his drinking water 10 to 12 times since June 2009.

Nesbitt had been sick for years with symptoms such as nausea, vomiting and blood pressure and breathing problems... A follow up test at the police station showed Nesbitt had 49 nanograms per milliliter of tetrahydrozoline in his system, categorized by medical experts as "an extremely high level."

...The 30 charges filed against her carry a maximum combined sentence of 240 years in jail and more than $300,000 in fines, according to the judge in the case, Magisterial District Judge Wendy Mellott.

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...opstories.html

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    That's nothing. Even more recent... On the anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic, we did a special exhibit at the library on all things Titanic. History books, biographies of passengers on the fateful trip, and offered a screening of the James Cameron film in our conference room. I cannot tell you how many patrons said to me "You mean the Titanic was real? That really happened? Oh my gosh, I never knew!"

I weep for you America. I weep.
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."