Page 38 of 88 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy Sh*t People Do

Junior Member Array ohtochooseaname's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    @bologna: That chart is pathetic. The scale they are using is completely useless and simply meant to mislead. It's amazing they think they can do something so blatantly fabricated and get away with it... and it's scary that they probably will.
    This is, sadly, a common journalistic tactic across the board. I can't tell you how many times I've seen something similar where the graph scale was intentionally used to be misleading like that. Crap like that is why I don't trust the news, ever. Every time I've known something about what the news was presenting, they've gotten it completely bassackwards. They technically have some of the facts straight in the beginning, but the conclusions/extrapolations are completely wrong because they try so hard to make a story out of it for whatever their agenda is. I'd say that observing the same news on both MSNBC and Fox would lead to a better understanding, but really, it's just more misinformation propagated by both sides.

MBTI
    NiFe

Uhm, wat???

Birds' heads torn off in Australian zoo rampage

Nine birds, including an endangered swift parrot, had their heads smashed in or ripped off and more than 60 animals were missing on Saturday after vandals went on the rampage at an Australian zoo.

Tasmania Zoo owner Dick Warren said he found the mutilated animals when he opened up on Friday morning, finding "door, after door, after door open and all the locks had been cut, with birds missing and birds dead".

"Either they have just caught them and banged their heads or pulled their heads off, it's a pretty sick thing to see," Warren told ABC Television.

"It's heartbreaking to see them. How could people do this sort of thing? It hits you so hard."

Police said "a number of animals escaped their enclosures, with most being recaptured", adding that two chainsaws were also stolen from the zoo complex.

Two rare swift parrots, a yellow-tailed black cockatoo and five quolls -- a carnivorous native cat -- were among the animals still on the loose in what was described as a devastating blow for the zoo's breeding programme.

"We're trying to increase numbers of threatened species and we've lost a good part of that programme," said keeper Courtney McMahon.
    I'm casting a mental net for a motive and I really can't come up with one... boredom coupled with substance abuse???
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Default Teen Shot Himself In The Head After Eating Mushrooms

A teenager who ate mushrooms shot himself in the head so he would wake up from the nightmare he was living, he told police.The teen in Daytona Beach, Fla., ate mushrooms and drank tea made from them on Tuesday, the Daily Mail reported.

Steven Tilbury, the 17-year-old who suffered a near-fatal blow to the head is lucky to be alive. He was able to survive the gunshot and was rushed to the hospital where doctors were able to remove the bullet from his head, Gawker reported.

Tilbury explained that he fell asleep soon after he and his friends had ingested the mushrooms and that when he woke up, he said "it felt like it wasn't real." He explained he felt like he was awake in a terrible nightmare and could leave him home, the Daytona Beach News-Journal said.

"Tilbury said he thought if he shot himself he would wake up from the bad dream," investigators were quoted as saying.

Since he truly thought that he was still in a dream, the teenager took a .22-caliber rifle from his parent's room, walked back into his bedroom, sat on his bed with the butt of the gun on the floor, remove the safety, and fired away, the Daytona Beach News-Journal reported.

The scariest part of all -- he didn't wake up. As if that isn't bad enough, the story got more horrifying when Tilbury started to clean up the bloody scene since he hadn't woken up yet, and even bandaged himself and left the house,

Outside his home, he encountered a man who he then asked to take him to the hospital, Gawker said.

But Tilbury made clear that he was not and is not suicidal. "No, I just wanted to wake up from the bad nightmare," he explained to cops. "I am happy, and I love my life."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Poor birds. :/

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Uhm, wat???

Birds' heads torn off in Australian zoo rampage

I'm casting a mental net for a motive and I really can't come up with one... boredom coupled with substance abuse???

WHAT SAY YOU @Victor?????

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    WHAT SAY YOU Victor????
    I'm sure they were just American kids on furlough.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

I've had kids -- a three-year-old having a temper-tantrum is no big deal in the sense it is part of typical development (unless the kid is constantly doing it without any repercussion).

However, a three-year-old learning language like that has to learn it from SOMEWHERE... and I doubt it is from peers. Kind of embarassing for the Palin family, which seems to tout its moral character, to have a kid repeating what he is hearing within that family....

Dismayed by a reality-TV show featuring his ex-fiancee, Bristol Palin, and their son, Tripp, Levi Johnston plans to seek full custody of the boy.

...Palin, 21, and 3-year-old Tripp are featured on the Lifetime show, "Bristol Palin: Life's a Tripp." Johnston says the show is proof that his ex is a terrible parent and his son is "on a downward spiral," the gossip website TMZ reported. TMZ reported that Johnston, 22, is so "disgusted" by his son's language and behavior that he obtained the required court papers to file the custody petition.

...In a recent episode of the show, Tripp threw a temper tantrum when told he couldn't go to the pool. When his aunt, Willow, tried to calm him, Tripp told her and his mother that he hated them, then told Willow, "Go away, you f***!"

Initial reports indicated Tripp had used an anti-gay slur, but his mother said in a blog post that he "used a different 'f word.'" Palin confessed on the show to doing "a terrible job disciplining Tripp."

Of her son's behavior, she also wrote that the cameras "caught a moment on film that would cause any parent to be red in the face."
    http://news.yahoo.com/bristol-palins...114610491.html
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    NiFe

^^Language like that from a 3 year old is uhhh, that's somethin' alright.

10 year old boy and friends beat and rob handicapped immigrant woman

The boys broke into Minh Tran's house and beat her with sticks, rocks, and items from the home, including a potted plant they threw at her face, according to Philadelphia police Lt. Harold Lloyd. Tran, 51, was found cowering in her backyard by neighbors after the attack.

"She said, 'I'm so scared I'm so scared, the three boys came to attack me,'" Tran's landlord told ABC News affiliate WPVI. "And I said, 'what happened Minh,' and she kneeled down and said please please protect me."

They boys made off with $20 from the woman's home.

The 10-year-old boy was taken into custody after his mother called police to turn him in.
    I must say that I am impressed that the 10y.o.'s Mom didn't make excuses for him at all and turned him in. It must've been hard.
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

Senior Member Array Chaotic Harmony's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Sigh... I thought about posting an old article...but considering I personally know the girl... I decided against it. I'll just tell the story... So, my husband works with a woman that's been in the middle of a nasty custody battle. She's been in refusal to fight dirty, so she hasn't said or shown anything that shows the bad side of her ex. However... Her ex has done everything in his power to show the bad side of her. One night she was out with some friends and after they went home she went to a local brewery... And shortly after the brewery called the cops to come pick her drunk butt up because she was causing quite the scene.

Turned out, her ex had called her and started pushing her buttons (something he is quite good at). She apparently got pretty loud and drew a lot of attention to herself. When the cops got there she resisted... And... Had to be tazed three times before they could subdue her. Yes... A little 140 lb girl had to be tazed three times... She was in the Navy and also an MP, so she knew how to avoid being cuffed since they train for that... Annnd... Apparently she didn't use this knowledge in the best of ways...

Sadly, because of her actions... She's now lost the custody battle and her ex has custody.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

That sux!

---------------

Girl accuses father of waterboarding her

The 11-year-old girl told police that her father, pediatrician Melvin Morse, would hold her face under a running faucet causing the water to shoot up her nose, the Delaware State Police said. The punishments happened at least four times over a two-year period and the girl's mother, Pauline Morse, witnessed some of them and did nothing, police said.

Morse specializes in near-death experiences in children and wrote a book about the subject called "Closer to the Light" in 1991.

"In hundreds of interviews with children who had once been declared clinically dead, Dr. Morse found that children too young to have absorbed our adult views and ideas of death, share first-hand accounts of out-of-body travel, telepathic communication and encounters with dead friends and relatives," a reviewer wrote about the book.
    The girl said her father said "she could go five minutes without brain damage," the newspaper reported, citing court documents.

According to the court documents the girl said Morse would "sometimes look away while he did it and (redacted) would become afraid that he would lose track of time and she would die."

Page 38 of 88 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast