MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    McDonald's bailed out Spain's debt?
    I'd like a Big McSenor and papas fritas with that....
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Just looking for my naaaaaaanny....
    'Goat Man' in Utah Mountains Identified as Hunter
    A man spotted dressed in a goat suit among a herd of wild goats in the mountains of northern Utah has been identified as a hunter preparing for a Canadian archery season.

After a hiker spotted the so-called goat man on July 15 in the mountains above Ogden, about 40 miles north of Salt Lake City, wildlife officials said they wanted to talk to the person to be certain he was aware of the dangers as hunting season approaches.

They speculated he might have been an extreme wildlife enthusiast who just wanted to get as close as possible to the goats. A few days after the spotting, state wildlife authorities received an anonymous call from an "agitated man" who simply said, "Leave goat man alone. He's done nothing wrong."
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

So either he will be skewered/shot by another hunter, or (kind of "Top Secret" esque) he might make a new friend during mating season?

Either case.... .DOH!

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    So either he will be skewered/shot by another hunter, or (kind of "Top Secret" esque) he might make a new friend during mating season?

Either case.... .DOH!
    "...an anonymous call from an "agitated man" who simply said, "Leave goat man alone. He's done nothing wrong." makes me think the latter might have been more what goat man had in mind!
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Passerby: Who... Who ARE you???
    Guy: *grabs him by the lapels* I'm Goatman. Tell all your friends. And then stay off my mountain!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Man shoots himself trying to kill a mouse
    WAWA, ONT. - A Goulais River, Ont., man accidentally shot himself in the forehead trying to kill a mouse.

The man was using the butt of a rifle to kill the rodent when the weapon went off Wednesday at a camp on Anjigami Lake, about 40 kilometres southeast of Wawa, provincial police said.

A bullet grazed his forehead, said Const. Amanda Huff.

The man didn't know the weapon was loaded.

"He was very lucky," said Huff.

The man was treated in hospital and released.

Dale Whitmell, 40, was charged with careless use of a firearm and will appear in court Sept. 17.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

But the more important question is did the mouse survive?
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    But the more important question is did the mouse survive?
    Good question. I hope so.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Olympic Fever: British Man Rescued After Trying To Swim To U.S.

...According to the Daily Mail, a 34-year-old man from London was enjoying a holiday at the Biarritz beach when suddenly he was taken with Olympic fever. He bid his friends farewell, explaining that the only cure was to swim across the Atlantic to New York City and infect America with his enthusiasm.

His friends figured it was a joke, and let him take to the waves, assuming the strong swimmer would turn around eventually. After 300 yards, the lifeguards couldn't see him...
    http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/lond...trying-swim-us

2 miles down, only 3800 to go!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

So much for the Olympic spirit...

LONDON (AP) -- Eight female badminton doubles players were disqualified from the London Olympics after trying to lose matches to receive a more favorable place in the tournament, Indonesia's team leader said Wednesday.

The Badminton World Federation investigated two teams from South Korea and one each from China and Indonesia. It accused them of "not using one's best efforts to win a match" and "conducting oneself in a manner that is clearly abusive or detrimental to the sport" in matches Tuesday night...

...The Chinese players were accused of leading the way by deliberately losing a game. This led to other teams behaving in a similar way to try to force an easier quarterfinal. At one stage, both teams appeared to be trying to lose.

Wang and Yu and their opponents were booed loudly by the crowd after dumping serves into the net and making simple errors, such as hitting the shuttlecock wide.

The longest rally in their first game was only four strokes. The umpire warned them, and tournament referee Torsten Berg spoke to all four players but it had little effect. At one stage, Berg showed a black card, which usually means disqualification, but the game continued.

Eventually, the Chinese women lost 21-14, 21-11 and both pairs were jeered off the court.

The teams had already qualified for knockout round, but the result ensured that the top-seeded Wang and Yu would have avoided playing their No. 2-seeded Chinese teammates until the final.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/badmint...2970--oly.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :wubbie:
  • :smile:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: