User Tag List

First 2129303132334181 Last

I wish I could adopt that child. I am frightened for her future.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    I wish I could adopt that child. I am frightened for her future.
    Little bit off topic, but I'm curious. As an INTP, I don't get attached too much to the situations of other people, there are millions of people living in unimaginably bad conditions, and there are an equal amount of bad people causing such conditions. There is literally no end to the ability of human. Observing the world, I don't become entirely apathetic, but I do tend to feel largely superior, mainly as a means to cope with observing behaviour, I position myself far above or on the top percentile of the vast pyramid that can be called humanity.
    As an INFJ, how do you cope with feeling sad for the world, and where do you position yourself in the process of analyzing humanity?
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    IsFJ

An oldie but a goodie...

For suspect, gun is a pain in the...

A man who was pulled over for a traffic violation in North Carolina was found this week with a gun in his jail cell — a big gun that authorities believe he hid in his rectum.

The man, identified as Michael Leon Ward, 22, of Canton, Ga., was in the Onslow County, N.C., jail after his arrest Monday morning. He is awaiting extradition to Georgia, where he is wanted on a fugitive warrant in a murder investigation.

But that's not why you're reading this. You want to know about the gun.

Deputies told NBC station WITN of Washington, N.C., that Ward was searched and then strip-searched before he was put into a holding cell. Jailers also made Ward perform what they call a "squat and cough" procedure.

Only later did they find the gun — a .38-caliber revolver, with a 4½-inch barrel. While it wasn't loaded, it worked just fine when officers loaded a bullet and test-fired it.

According to a Highway Patrol incident report, state troopers stopped Ward on Monday morning after he passed them going more than 90 mph, authorities said. Ward and a woman claiming to be his wife rolled up their windows and locked their doors when troopers approached.

After troopers forced the door open, Ward resisted and had to be subdued with a Taser, they said. Authorities say Ward told them he was unable to get out of the car because he was disabled and couldn't walk.

Ward was first taken to a hospital because he was complaining of heart problems. Officers didn't find the gun. Nor did they find it when he was put in his jail cell.

Eventually, jailers discovered the gun in his cell.

Both Ward and the woman claiming to be his wife gave false names, authorities said. Once he was identified, they learned that he is wanted on suspicion of first-degree murder and armed robbery in Canton, Ga., north of Atlanta.

NBC station WNCN of Raleigh reported that Ward was being taken back to the hospital Friday for examination of "possible injuries that may have occurred" to his rectum.

In the meantime, he's charged in North Carolina with a half-dozen counts, including speeding, DWI, reckless driving and resisting arrest, the Highway Patrol said.
    How. HOW.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yes, it would almost be enough to prove there is a god... and then we recall that he allowed these two to reproduce to start with. Alas.
    It's all part of His glorious plan

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...210836547.html

James Hackett, 26, is facing a felony assault charge after allegedly throwing an order of "hot and oily" McDonald's french fries at his 11-year-old stepdaughter, according to a Lowell, Massachusetts, police report posted on The Smoking Gun.

...After stopping by McDonald's, the couple were reportedly arguing about money in the car when the girl "began to interject into the argument in an attempt to get the two to stop fighting." This was apparently too much for Hackett to handle, who then allegedly "picked up the container of french fries he had just purchased, which were hot and oily, and threw it at [the girl], striking her in the face and chest area."

After making it back home, Hackett reportedly "fled the residence on an old Honda motorcycle." His wife then called the police, who tracked down Hackett and arrested him.
    In this case, it's more like, "Do you want a burger with that?"
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

More of a mistake, but pretty crazy...!

Folks in San Diego witnessed what was either the worst Fourth of July fireworks celebration — or the absolute best — when a technical malfunction caused all of their pyrotechnics to go off at the same time. The annual Big Bay Boom celebration began and ended in spectacular fashion when an inadvertent signal set off the explosion about five minutes early and caused the entire 18 minute show to take place in about 15 seconds. Confused spectators waited around for what they thought was going to be the rest of the show, but were sent home and told the show (that was supposed to be choreographed to music) was canceled.
    http://news.yahoo.com/san-deigo-acci...085739445.html
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

LoL, that happened here once. Everyone was standing around thinking "Wow, that was super short..." And then it came out that someone accidentally screwed something up and they all started going off before they were supposed to....

Not as bad as our Florida vacation when I was a kid..... Someone really screwed that one up and the boat they were shooting them off of caught fire.

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Wow. The benches are cleared!!!

wow, someone is willing to jump another person all because his skill far surpasses their own...? how about practicing a little more? or just making yourself okay with the fact that you're subpar? the one's who initiated it... idiots.

"you much, much better than me--this INFURIATE me! i hit you because my mind too small to think something better. curse me for being stupid and skillless!!!!!"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Well crap. Looks like I am at higher risk for suicide attempts.

http://www.france24.com/en/20120704-...female-suicide
    Scientists suspect link between cat feces, female suicide
    Women infected with a parasite spread by cat feces run a higher risk of attempting suicide, suggests a study of more than 45,000 women in Denmark published in a scientific journal this week.
    Women infected with a parasite spread by cat feces run a higher risk of attempting suicide, suggests a study of more than 45,000 women in Denmark published in a scientific journal this week.

AFP - Women infected with a parasite spread by cat feces run a higher risk of attempting suicide, suggests a study of more than 45,000 women in Denmark published in a scientific journal this week.

"We can't say with certainty that T. gondii caused the women to try to kill themselves," said Teodor Postolache of the University of Maryland medical school, senior author of the study in the Archives of General Psychiatry.

"But we did find a predictive association between the infection and suicide attempts later in life that warrants additional studies. We plan to continue our research into this possible connection."

About one in three people in the world are believed to be infected with T. gondii, which has been linked to schizophrenia and behavior changes, but often produces no symptoms as it lurks in brain and muscle cells.

Human run the risk of infection when they clean out their cats' litter boxes, as well as by consuming unwashed vegetables, undercooked or raw meat, or water from a contaminated source.

"The study found that women infected with T. gondii were one-and-a-half times more likely to attempt suicide compared to those who were not infected, and the risk seemed to rise with increasing levels of the T. gondii antibodies," a summary of the findings said.

"Previous mental illness did not appear to significantly alter these findings. The relative risk was even higher for violent suicide attempts."

The suspected perils of T. gondii featured in The Atlantic magazine in March this year when it ran a widely-read profile of Czech biologist Jaroslav Flegr, who suspects the parasite of literally changing people's minds.

It headlined the article: "How Your Cat is Making You Crazy."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Cats make you crazy.

SCIENCE FACT