Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I'm pretty sure it's quite uncommon.

I don't see carseats with babies in them all over the roads or anything.

Immanentize the Eschaton Array Starry's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post

Haha...no seriously! I guess it really does happen quite frequently. The way I learned this is 3 days after my son was born I set him up on the bed while I was gathering laundry up to put on a load...and somehow he slid off the bed (fortunately falling into a pile of clothes I was piling on the floor). Anyway I LOST MY MIND. I thought for sure I had killed him. So I rushed him to the emergency room because I was living very nearby at the time...and all the nurses and doctors and intake people were basically looking at me like ??? And this doctor was like...'Ahhh Honey...your baby is fine.' And I think to calm me down because I was feeling like the worst mother in the universe he proceeded to tell me that he primarily sees infants that have dropped out of baby Bjorn carriers (or whatever those things are called) and onto their heads...or have been left on top of the car in their infant carseat carrier while the parents drove off.

I'm thinking the reason we don't see a bunch of them on the road is that they probably don't get that far before they notice something falling off the car.

Senior Member Array Chaotic Harmony's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I actually learned when my son was an infant...that this is not an uncommon thing to have happen (to leave the baby on top of the car in their carseat and drive off)...and the parents or guardians are most often not under the influence of anything...other than maybe lack-of-sleep or regular 'life-stress'.
    I have heard of people forgetting to strap their kids in. Thankfully, in my sleep deprived state I never left my kiddo on top of the car or forgot to strap her in... Actually... I can't even think of a reason I ever would have put her on top of the car in the first place...

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    You never got the e-mail for the Baby Hunt contests on a morning basis?

It's like easter eggs. We just all drive down the street at once, grabbing babies by the basketfull, and hoping to find the lucky one with the star on his butt so we can win the big prize.

(the others are just full of jelly beans)

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    The way I learned this is 3 days after my son was born I set him up on the bed while I was gathering laundry up to put on a load...and somehow he slid off the bed (fortunately falling into a pile of clothes I was piling on the floor). Anyway I LOST MY MIND. I thought for sure I had killed him. So I rushed him to the emergency room because I was living very nearby at the time...and all the nurses and doctors and intake people were basically looking at me like ??? And this doctor was like...'Ahhh Honey...your baby is fine.'
    Lol. Yes, classic case of "first time parent" syndrome. No worries, hon, we've all been there, done that... the first one was definitely the worst for me, the second one almost would seem neglected in comparison. ("Yeah, fine, he fell down; pick him up, hug him, and get him walking again, we're late!")

And I think to calm me down because I was feeling like the worst mother in the universe he proceeded to tell me that he primarily sees infants that have dropped out of baby Bjorn carriers (or whatever those things are called) and onto their heads...or have been left on top of the car in their infant carseat carrier while the parents drove off.
    Yup.

I'm thinking the reason we don't see a bunch of them on the road is that they probably don't get that far before they notice something falling off the car.
    yeah, the lapse is usually not THAT long. The fact she was smoking pot probably resulted in her needing more time to recall what was happening.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Immanentize the Eschaton Array Starry's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Lol. Yes, classic case of "first time parent" syndrome. No worries, hon, we've all been there, done that... the first one was definitely the worst for me, the second one almost would seem neglected in comparison. ("Yeah, fine, he fell down; pick him up, hug him, and get him walking again, we're late!").
    Yah…I was totally confused at the time as to why the emergency room people seemed more concerned about me than my son haha!!! I have an INTP male friend that has 5 children. And after I had gotten my wits about me and was sharing my story he just said very casually… ‘Yah…they’re hard to kill’ Haha!!! (actually hearing him say that at the time re-activated my ‘first time Mom’ anxiety…but later I lightened-up and now understand what he was saying).

yeah, the lapse is usually not THAT long. The fact she was smoking pot probably resulted in her needing more time to recall what was happening
    Yah exactly.

MBTI
    NiFe

Default Barrett Slapped In Face After Concession to Walker

"I just got off the phone with Gov. Walker and congratulated him on his victory tonight," Barrett said, prompting boos from the crowd. "We agreed that it is important for us to work together."

"No!" shouted the crowd.

Afterwards, as Barrett greeted his supporters, a woman approached him and reportedly asked, "Can I slap you?" Barrett replied that he would prefer that she hugged him, so he leaned down, anticipating a hug but instead got the slap that she had requested. In the video of the incident, Barrett's head jerks back from the slap.
    video at the link

It's hard to see the slap. I can't believe she had the balls. I can't believe he did nothing about it either.
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Instant classic, and continuing this week's series of "Stupid Crazy Sh*t People Do With Their Kids in Moving Cars" clips....

A Colorado woman was cited for a seat belt violation when the police officer who pulled her over during a routine traffic stop discovered she had removed her child from a car seat to make room for a gas can.

The unidentified female driver was stopped after making an improper turn in Aurora, Colo., on May 30. The woman and her two children—a 14-year-old and the toddler—were not wearing seat belts. But a photo of the back seat taken by the officer for the Aurora Police Department's "Click It or Ticket" campaign shows the gas can was secured with the seat belt meant for the young child.

"This could be one of the extreme incidents we've ever seen," Aurora Police spokesman Frank Fania told the Denver Post....

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...132717697.html

With nods back to Episode #1, The Mystery of the Mind-Muddled Mildly Magenta-Mopped Momma, comments on the Police facebook page included this one:

Nancy Chavez added: "At least the kid is IN the car and not on the ROOF!"
    ... well, Nancy, kid #1 wasn't really on the roof either... at least, not for THAT long.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    NiFe

Did she confuse them? Is she like the guy who mistook his wife for a hat?
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

garbage

hahaha. dentists
    Photographer Andy Brown decided to create the series to show the young patients' bravery during what can be a singularly traumatic childhood experience.

Senior Member Array Chaotic Harmony's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

If I saw that poor little girl's face as a "nothing to be scared of" image... You would never get me to go to the dentist. Holy crap. At least clean her face up!?

Page 28 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast