549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Harmony View Post
    :horor:
    Is pink hair dominant or recessive?
    I'm hoping the baby is okay...
    I thought her hair looked pretty cool.

As far as the incident, it does seem to be a case of teenage disconnect + the pot smoking. Not a great idea to be doing drugs of any sort when you're supposed to be caring for an infant. I hope that gets fixed.

The article said the baby was fine, locked in the car seat. Not sure where s/he'll end up now though.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Senior Member Array Chaotic Harmony's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I thought her hair looked pretty cool.

As far as the incident, it does seem to be a case of teenage disconnect + the pot smoking. Not a great idea to be doing drugs of any sort when you're supposed to be caring for an infant. I hope that gets fixed.

The article said the baby was fine, locked in the car seat. Not sure where s/he'll end up now though.
    The smiley was directed at the baby falling off the car. Not the hair. My hair comment was just a sad attempt at humor.

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Only in America would a nun writing a sex book (?!) be accosted by the Pope for being too liberal.
    Note: Maybe it doesn't quite belong in this thread, but I didn't feel like it needed a whole new one.

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - The Vatican criticized a popular American nun on Monday, saying her book on sexual ethics, including topics such as masturbation and homosexuality, contradicted Catholic teaching and must not be used by Catholic educators.

The Vatican's doctrinal department, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, issued a stern "notification" about Sister Margaret A. Farley, a member of the Sisters of Mercy and a professor emeritus of Christian ethics at Yale University.

The Congregation sharply criticized Farley, saying her writings manifest a "defective understanding of the objective nature of natural moral law"...
    http://news.yahoo.com/vatican-attack...135828506.html
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Nuns are writing sex books?

I better get on my memoir of how I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi...

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Nuns are writing sex books?
    Good news, right? I've finally found that "just right" stocking stuffer gift!
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...ref=weird-news
    Nikoleta Karoly Accused Of Choking Boyfriend Because He Wouldn't Marry Her
    Some marriage-phobic guys get cold feet. This one got a wrung neck.

Nikoleta Karoly of East Naples, Fla., is accused of choking her boyfriend because he refused to marry her for the purpose of getting a new Visa, according to an arrest report filed earlier this month and sent to The Huffington Post.

As first reported in the Naples Daily News, Karoly's boyfriend told police that she had been getting increasingly violent with him, after he kept refusing to tie the knot.

The boyfriend said Karoly choked, scratched and slapped him so hard on his ear that he thought he was going deaf, the report states.

He also said Karoly had threatened to stab him if he didn't agree to walk down the aisle with her. The boyfriend told police that he fears Karoly might try to kill him. The latest incident was the fourth violent attack unleashed by Karoly in the last two weeks, the boyfriend told police.

Karoly insisted to authorities that she hit her boyfriend during sex "because it makes it better," according to the report.

She also told police, "I am a woman. How hard can I hit him?" the report states.

Karoly was arrested and charged with domestic abuse.
    How'd that work out for ya.... Did he ask you to marry him after that?

Run for your lives single, male Floridians!
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    I bet she'd be the true definition of bridezilla!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

I bet she'd be the true definition of bridezilla!

Intentionally Clementine Array Starry's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/sp

/smh

Now, I've never smoked pot, so I don't know how much it affects short-term memory or disorients a person, but can't some of this be chalked up to age and immaturity? It seems the critical thinking skills in general could be lacking, but simply aggravated by heavy marijuana use. There are a lot of terrible stories about forgetful parents and children in cars without aid of mind-altering substances. Just sayin'.
    I actually learned when my son was an infant...that this is not an uncommon thing to have happen (to leave the baby on top of the car in their carseat and drive off)...and the parents or guardians are most often not under the influence of anything...other than maybe lack-of-sleep or regular 'life-stress'.

Page 27 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast