User Tag List

First 1321222324253373 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Apparently, nothing will happen to the NJ adults that placed the child in the washing machine. News update: http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/23/us/new...html?hpt=hp_t3
    Wow... Amazed that didn't get classified as some kind of abuse... I guess their immediate panic saved their butts.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Harmony View Post
    Wow... Amazed that didn't get classified as some kind of abuse... I guess their immediate panic saved their butts.
    I'm not gravy with their response at all. While I will be the first to say that trying to interpet intent is critical, and I think the courts did that, they are not considering the cause, which is clearly ignorance. I don't want them locked up, but I think a mandatory child-care or child-safety course is very much in order.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

I'm not gravy with their response at all. While I will be the first to say that trying to interpet intent is critical, and I think the courts did that, they are not considering the cause, which is clearly ignorance. I don't want them locked up, but I think a mandatory child-care or child-safety course is very much in order.
    Agreed. It was pretty obvious from their reaction that they immediately regretted their decision.... But I do think some form of child-safety would be beneficial.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

The weird part is that I do not even think they were the child's parents:

From the article:

That was the decision of a Camden County prosecutor's office in at least one New Jersey case, after determining that a baby sitter and her acquaintance were not criminally liable for their decision at a Camden laundry on May 11.
    yes.... they did this to someone else's kid. (Or, rather, the male acquaintance who wasn't the official baby sitter acted like a dumbass with someone else's kid. It's a wonder he himself survived to adulthood.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    The weird part is that I do not even think they were the child's parents:

From the article:
    Yup. If they're babysitters, they ought to know how to care for a child. I hope the parents of the kid are aware of this.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yup. If they're babysitters, they ought to know how to care for a child. I hope the parents of the kid are aware of this.
    Well, if they watch TV, they should be by now.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I dont know. How many people abuse kids and they are "concerned" about them but the "concern" isn't caught on tape. I guess the assumption is that they didn't mean it to start? Why put her in it?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

http://news.yahoo.com/mom-boy-locked...304.htmlCAMDEN

N.J. (AP) — The mother of a toddler who briefly got stuck inside an active washing machine at a laundromat says she and his father aren't the people seen in a surveillance video that's received millions of hits online.

Sakia David said Wednesday she didn't even know about the May 11 incident until she saw the video on the news. She said her year-old son was treated at a hospital for scrapes and bruises and wasn't seriously injured.

David said the woman in the video is the girlfriend of the boy's father and was baby-sitting him. David said she doesn't know who the man in the video is....

David said she believes it was an accident and she doesn't think anyone should be charged. But she said she'll "think twice" before allowing the woman to baby-sit her son again.
    "Think twice?"

Oh geez.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/lit...220000255.html
    There are bows and then there are Lady Gaga bows. Four-year-old Marcella Marino chose the latter for a school photo, only to end up in tears, according to her dad.

The British primary school student asked her father, professional hairstylist Marcello Marino, to make her look like a princess for her upcoming class photo. The salon owner went more rock princess than Cinderella, and tied his little girl's long blond hair into a tilted bow, a look popularized by Gaga back in 2009.
    Marcella loved the look but her school didn't, according to the Daily Mail.

"When she went for the school photo on Monday she was told she wasn't allowed to wear her hair in that style because of the dress code," Marcello told the British paper.

In fact, the primary school his daughter attends has a very strict dress code, which is detailed on its website. With regards to hair, the school requests ribbons or bows are "made of dark colors, maroon/navy blue/black" and states strictly that "Hair braids/beads may not be worn."

Marcella's hairstyle broke all the rules and none of them. It's not really a braid and kind of a ribbon, but according to her dad, the look was banned by school officials. (The school didn't return Shine's request for a comment by press time.)

"I am so disappointed," Marcello told the Mail. "I could understand if Marcella arrived with her hair dyed or something, but this is an elegant look which I think the school should be proud of."

Incidentally the school photo was rescheduled for another day for an unrelated reason so the bow look wouldn't have made it in the school's photo archives anyway. Marcello, who made headlines last year as an outspoken British reality show contestant, posted his own photo of his daughter's bow-style on Twitter.

Clearly, Marcella likes it and so does her dad. So how could a little bow, even a Gaga inspired-one, make people uneasy? Somehow, the archaic symbol of a good little girl (and Ms. Pac-Man) has become a rejection of just that. The Minnie Mouse hair-bow has been co-opted by a new generation of girls who are more media savvy and fearless when it comes to bold accessories.....
    Seriously? What's up with people hating on creative hair these days?

Default Instead of helping him, they robbed him: Passers-by prey on man unconscious

^Ridic! I WTFed that in the Random Thought thread.

Perhaps these people thought about calling 911 or the police after they robbed him of everything he owned... or am I being optimistic?

Instead of helping him, they robbed him: Passers-by prey on man unconscious on sidewalk

And here I'd seen a video the other day of another incident in China where a child was at risk and no one stopped to help, and I was prepared to rant about the evils of anonymity in an overpopulated city, but that doesn't exactly apply here. --Just the disappointment that is humanity at times. Video footage of all the robberies and passersby here.