Thread: Crazy Sh*t People Do

lab rat extraordinaire Array CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Wow, that's pretty horrid.

Also, when reading the long letter posted by his "wife," it just didn't have the right tone. (for one it was very very long and measured.) One does have to be careful not to assume what "grief" looks like in a specific individual, especially one you didn't know, but I think I would have started investigating after a post like that. In context, it didn't make a lot of sense; it seemed like it was written more by a detached acquaintance than a wife; the tone and the length and the timing of it and the other elements didn't seem to fit the situation.

I wonder if he just had some panic attacks and wanted out, or if he felt like the community could easily by fooled (i.e., the relationships aren't "real") and wanted to prove the point, or ... what exactly?
    Okay, you guys are probably going to get an unwanted look into my psyche, but you've never been tempted to do something similar? Just to see how many people actually noticed your existence?
    Maybe it's a combination of driving curiosity and deep seated insecurity....and also in some respects the temptation of the ultimate vanity search. Also the lack of real life consequences is a bonus. We've all seen well respected posters scupper themselves in the various forums we post, this way is a little more concocted.
    Never mind me, I found it more amusing than shocking. Fake your death, and get a clean slate, what's not appealing about that. Not that I would do it or any thing.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    Okay, you guys are probably going to get an unwanted look into my psyche, but you've never been tempted to do something similar? Just to see how many people actually noticed your existence?
    Oh, I've certainly been tempted. And I have a wicked "prank" sense of humor as some of you probably can tell. Case in point, I think Andy Kaufmann was infuriatingly brilliant (or brilliantly infuriating?), and I had also wondered for years whether he had faked his cancer or not. In fact, maybe dying of cancer was his ultimate practical joke / performance art because his death was real but no one could believe it. So even in telling the truth, he punked people.

But,... the reality is that I want to connect with / be known by people more than I want to pull off the ultimate hoax, just to see what might happen. Since I value those relationships, even if they are merely social, and don't want to hurt people, and don't want to be blacklisted, I don't think I could do something like that that many would find hurtful. Not unless I had a very large point to make, worth sacrificing my reputation for.

Maybe it's a combination of driving curiosity and deep seated insecurity....and also in some respects the temptation of the ultimate vanity search. Also the lack of real life consequences is a bonus. We've all seen well respected posters scupper themselves in the various forums we post, this way is a little more concocted.
    Never mind me, I found it more amusing than shocking. Fake your death, and get a clean slate, what's not appealing about that. Not that I would do it or any thing.
    Yeah, I guess I still take online relationships as 'real' in some ways (even if they are lacking other dimensions), so I would consider it hurtful and not just something to try.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

lab rat extraordinaire Array CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Oh, I've certainly been tempted. And I have a wicked "prank" sense of humor as some of you probably can tell. Case in point, I think Andy Kaufmann was infuriatingly brilliant (or brilliantly infuriating?), and I had also wondered for years whether he had faked his cancer or not. In fact, maybe dying of cancer was his ultimate practical joke / performance art because his death was real but no one could believe it. So even in telling the truth, he punked people.

But,... the reality is that I want to connect with / be known by people more than I want to pull off the ultimate hoax, just to see what might happen. Since I value those relationships, even if they are merely social, and don't want to hurt people, and don't want to be blacklisted, I don't think I could do something like that that many would find hurtful. Not unless I had a very large point to make, worth sacrificing my reputation for.
    Yeah, I guess I still take online relationships as 'real' in some ways (even if they are lacking other dimensions), so I would consider it hurtful and not just somethingto try.
    Truth is I'd never do it for similar reasons. Also toying with people's emotions deliberately isn't my bag. It's perhaps one of those situations where you get a kick out of some one else doing something naughty. Maybe drifting slowly away wasn't a possibility. I'd love to know his reasons for it.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Member Array Chaotic Harmony's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...rged-with-dui/

Police in Dubuque, Iowa, responded to an unusual call this week: reports of a zebra and a parrot in the front seat of a truck parked outside a bar. The striped animal and his fine feathered friend were there to keep their owner company, but weren’t allowed in the bar.

Jerald Reiter, 55, told police the zebra and maccaw parrot enjoy going for rides in his truck, so he brought them to the bar, which he says usually allows animals inside, ABC affiliate KCRG-TV reports.

When the motley crew got to the bar, they were told because food was being served, the animals wouldn’t be allowed inside. Bar owners told KCRG no animals are ever allowed inside.

When officers arrived on the scene, they stopped Reiter in the parking as he was driving his truck away. Field sobriety tests found he had a blood alcohol level of .14, nearly twice the legal limit, according to police.

His girlfriend, Vickie Teters, told KCRB the animals are like their children, and do everything with them.

“They love going for rides. They’re just a part of the family,” Teters said. “They were not left alone in the car, not even a second.”

Reiter also disputes the drunk driving charge, saying he realized he was too drunk to drive, and was about to let a passenger take the wheel when he was arrested.
    No animals were harmed in the making of this article.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Harmony View Post
    Reiter also disputes the drunk driving charge, saying he realized he was too drunk to drive, and was about to let a passenger take the wheel when he was arrested.
    Parrots are impressive -- my roomie has one -- but hot damn.

Maybe the zebra was gonna drive, while the parrot navigated?

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Senior Member Array Chaotic Harmony's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Parrots are impressive -- my roomie has one -- but hot damn.

Maybe the zebra was gonna drive, while the parrot navigated?
    That's what I was just discussing with my friend who linked the article to me! Who the "passenger" that was going to drive was... The parrot or the zebra?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Harmony View Post
    That's what I was just discussing with my friend who linked the article to me! Who the "passenger" that was going to drive was... The parrot or the zebra?
    I really think the parrot makes a better wingman.
    [The zebra is better at hoofing it.]

I really think the parrot makes a better wingman.
    [The zebra is better at hoofing it.]
    You went there!
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

Hey, you guys remember this broad, right?

Human Barbie Mom Gives Her 7yo Daughter Liposuction Voucher for Christmas (just for starters)

A British woman known as the human Barbie gave her seven-year-old daughter a unbelievably inappropriate Christmas present – a $8,500 gift certificate for liposuction! This isn’t the first such gift either, the little girl received a voucher for a BOOB JOB on her last birthday from her surgery-obsessed mother.

Refreshed your memory? Okay. Well she was on Anderson Cooper's talk show and it didn't go well.

Anderson Cooper Kicks Human Barbie Off Show: "I think you're dreadful."

The talk-show host cut short his interview with controversial British mother Sarah Burge on Tuesday, telling the plastic surgery addict he found her "dreadful."

"I honestly have nothing more to talk to you about, I've got to be honest," Cooper said on his syndicated daytime show “Anderson,” looking disgusted as his studio audience applauded loudly. “I try to be really polite to all my guests. I just think you’re dreadful and I honestly don’t want to talk to you anymore.”
    Earlier this month she defended herself on the “Today” show in an appearance to promote her memoir "The Half a Million Pound Girl" and her charity Don't Mess With Me, which aids victims of domestic violence, and said she got her first plastic surgery to repair the damage after a violent attack.

"I'm shocked that the media want to portray me in such a negative light when all I do is help millions of people," she said.

While Cooper expressed support for her cause, he later said he ended the interview because he didn’t feel Burge was capable of an honest conversation.

"I always try to be respectful of the guests, but ... I got the feeling that this was about publicity for her,” he said in a backstage interview posted on his website. “I regret having her on in the first place and I regret that that's how things ended.”
    I have to call bullsh*t here on Cooper, despite my obvious distaste for this woman and the inevitable damage she is doing to her child. (And of course she's on his show for publicity, what other reason do people get on television for!?) I find these tv show invites followed by public scoldings to be disingenuous à la Oprah Winfrey's show. (The James Frey affair.) I guess I don't have a taste for mobs, however appalling the "wrongdoer."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    @MacGuffin @Jennifer

Apparently, nothing will happen to the NJ adults that placed the child in the washing machine. News update: http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/23/us/new...html?hpt=hp_t3
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Apparently, nothing will happen to the NJ adults that placed the child in the washing machine. News update: http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/23/us/new...html?hpt=hp_t3
    Too bad they weren't richer, or they could get the kid a boob-job voucher to make up for things.

Page 22 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast