Thread: Crazy Sh*t People Do

Senior Member Array Chaotic Harmony's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Craziest stunt yet.

Glad there isn't sound, that might have been too much to view. Ugggh. I'm just speechless and mortifed.
    I hope they lose their child over that. Seriously.

Whoops! Proofreading is your friend!

The University of Texas at Austin's public affairs assistant dean has issued an apology after a commencement listing for the program's forthcoming graduates contained a typo citing the Lyndon B. Johnson School of 'Pubic' Affairs.

Even the best writers, reporters and editors fall prey to the occasional typo. And it's probably bad karma to revel in someone else's unintentional mistake. But media critic Jim Romanesko reports that the LBJ school issued an apology via Twitter, reading, "Our deepest apologies to our 2012 graduates for the egregious typo in our program. We are working to distribute corrected programs."

Susan Binford, assistant dean for communications at the Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs, tells Romanesko that students will be issued new copies of the commencement program.

"Obviously, we are mortified. It's beyond embarrassing," Binford said. "As soon as we realized the mistake [on Saturday], everybody went into overdrive and we went to work to reprint it."

Still, it's interesting how much fuss the omission of one letter can lead to. No one was killed, no one lost their job and any concerned parties can rest assured that they will have a corrected commencement program to reflect upon in the future. But it's not going to stop the critics of the world from expressing their outrage at the fallibility of others. Though for most of us, it will probably be remembered with little more than a quick laugh.

MBTI
    NiFe

Disgruntled Maid Puts Period Blood in Boss’s Coffee

A domestic worker in the western Singapore town of Choa Chu Kang pleaded guilty in court today to mixing her menstrual blood into a cup of coffee she had prepared for her employer.

The incident reportedly occurred last year; no motive for the crime was given. The 24-year-old Indonesian woman who goes by the name Jumiah had been working as a maid for a year prior to the coffee "mischief."

She now faces a maximum sentence of one year in prison, as well as a large fine. Her employer, meanwhile, faces a lifetime of making his own coffee.
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

(in)formation Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

dafuq?
    Little does he know I have a machete in my Chanel bag

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

What I want to know is how she got caught.

I mean, I hope it's not because he recognized the taste.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    NiFe

What I want to know is how she got caught.

I mean, I hope it's not because he recognized the taste.
    It could be as simple as she didn't stir well. :horor:

Edit: Uhm, a funny pic search yielded bizarre results... This is legit and not just an art gallery piece. Sadly, it is no longer available for purchase.

It gets weirder.

Senior Member Array Chaotic Harmony's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    It could be as simple as she didn't stir well. :horor:

Edit: Uhm, a funny pic search yielded bizarre results... This is legit and not just an art gallery piece. Sadly, it is no longer available for purchase.

It gets weirder.
    I'm sad to say.... I think I know a guy that would be all over that entire set...

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Craziest stunt yet.

Glad there isn't sound, that might have been too much to view. Ugggh. I'm just speechless and mortifed.
    Is there a follow up story?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Is there a follow up story?
    Not yet, but there might be. I wouldn't be surprised if there was child endangerment or something brought up. That was pretty horrific.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    NiFe

6 Year Forum User Fakes Suicide, Community Outpouring Follows

Link: http://gizmodo.com/5912465/how-one-m...internet-death

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    6 Year Forum User Fakes Suicide, Community Outpouring Follows

Link: http://gizmodo.com/5912465/how-one-m...internet-death
    Wow, that's pretty horrid.

Also, when reading the long letter posted by his "wife," it just didn't have the right tone. (for one it was very very long and measured.) One does have to be careful not to assume what "grief" looks like in a specific individual, especially one you didn't know, but I think I would have started investigating after a post like that. In context, it didn't make a lot of sense; it seemed like it was written more by a detached acquaintance than a wife; the tone and the length and the timing of it and the other elements didn't seem to fit the situation.

I wonder if he just had some panic attacks and wanted out, or if he felt like the community could easily by fooled (i.e., the relationships aren't "real") and wanted to prove the point, or ... what exactly?

Page 21 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast