User Tag List

First 1018192021223070 Last

lol humanity. You're nuts.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    I still don't get it. My brain is shortcircuiting trying to figure this situation out. We may never know why those children chose to return to the house still bleeding from their first set of gunshot wounds, only to receive another round.
    That is a serious WTF.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Wow. The benches are cleared!!!

It's probably safe to say that any debate over the most ridiculous youth sports fight of the year is over. The feat was surely accomplished in British Columbia, where a British Canadian Intermediate A league indoor lacrosse game devolved into a street brawl that was practically taken directly from a video game.

...the Nanaimo Timbermen against the Coquitlam Adanacs became embroiled in a nasty fight when Cody Reed scored to give Coquitlam a nearly insurmountable 15-4 lead before halftime. Rather than let Reed celebrate his goal with his teammates in peace, a Timbermen player attacked, in part of what the Daily News chronicled would later lead to suspensions for a whopping 15 players.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rhO9ry_Lew#!"]The Brawl[/YOUTUBE]
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Wow. The benches are cleared!!!
    WTH.

In all seriousness, people talk about Americans like we're so violent and our sports don't have enough sportsmanship... they're not wrong to criticize IMO, but the Canadians have a pretty ugly tradition of mixing personal violence with public sports. So now the little leaguers are following the pros' example.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

In all seriousness, people talk about Americans like we're so violent and our sports don't have enough sportsmanship... they're not wrong to criticize IMO, but the Canadians have a pretty ugly tradition of mixing personal violence with public sports. So now the little leaguers are following the pros' example.
    yup, and here it was calculated. Shortly after the fight starts, you can see two fighters strip down (toss off their gear), and then go at each other with fists despite the ref trying to separate them. There was a lull there. They both could have walked away.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    yup, and here it was calculated. Shortly after the fight starts, you can see two fighters strip down (toss off their gear), and then go at each other with fists despite the ref trying to separate them. There was a lull there. They both could have walked away.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

[YOUTUBE="fuRSqJkZuMg"]Lets Fuck[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

@Jennifer @marmie_Dearest

And the details emerge:

Experts: Circumstances of Florida family slayings 'really unusual'

It also appears that the circumstances of this particular form of familicide defy all the usual markers.
    -A black female was the perpetrator.
    -She used a gun.
    -Her children were well above 5 years of age.

Very sad business. Still don't know why the kids went back. If only 3 made it next door, they may've gone back for the 4th.

On a much, much lighter note, I think an ISD is being a bit ridiculous:

High school students suspended, custodian fired after Post-it note prank

So, some seniors want to play a "safe" prank at the end of the year --they get (what they think is) permission and a key from a school board member to enter their school building before class, they discuss it in advance with the senior janitor so he knows what's going on, they come in early to do post-it designs on various lockers and walls, and a janitor (who is also one of the student's moms) follows them around to be sure no damage is done. But the superintendent's office says after the fact, hey! they didn't have OUR official okay... so they fire the janitor that supervised the activity and suspend all of the seniors.

Methinks some perspective is seriously lacking.
    Ah yeah... my state makes me proud again....

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Craziest stunt yet.

Worst Parent of the Week: Dad Puts Toddler in Washing Machine and Turns it On

There's no way to know what the parents were thinking. Maybe they were trying to scare their kid into good behavior. Maybe they were just goofing around. Maybe they thought it would be funny -- there's a large sign hanging above the machines, saying "Junior Wash: $2.95." Whatever it was, it could have easily ended in tragedy.

In the silent footage from the laundromat's security camera, the dad scoops up the diaper-clad toddler, shoves him head first into the front-loading washer, and shuts the door. He and the mom seem amused at first, but panic quickly sets in when they realize that they can't get the washer door open. It's locked automatically, and the tot is trapped inside as the washer starts to run. (Warning: The video is disturbing).

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coYoIHj91HA"]Dumbassery * Infinity[/YOUTUBE]
    Glad there isn't sound, that might have been too much to view. Ugggh. I'm just speechless and mortifed.