Thread: Crazy Sh*t People Do

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

When I heard this on the radio, they said the kids were teenagers. Which boggles my mind.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Before I lambast these neighbors, is there anything I'm not thinking of that could exonerate them allowing the children to return after having been shot? I am absolutely floored by this tidbit that has miraculously not been mentioned in the headlines or story title...?
    Wow, talk about people ignoring domestic violence. This is "mind your own business" taken to a level of insanity.

I can't comprehend it either. I would have locked the children in my house and called the cops.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Wow, talk about people ignoring domestic violence. This is "mind your own business" taken to a level of insanity.
    I can't comprehend it either. I would have locked the children in my house and called the cops.
    Like I said in my comments a moment ago, they were teenagers. (and they were -- I think ages 12-17).
    So I'm not sure you could "lock them in" anywhere.

Their being teens complicated the matter, I'm sure.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    NiFe

I still don't get it. My brain is shortcircuiting trying to figure this situation out. We may never know why those children chose to return to the house still bleeding from their first set of gunshot wounds, only to receive another round.
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I still don't get it. My brain is shortcircuiting trying to figure this situation out. We may never know why those children chose to return to the house still bleeding from their first set of gunshot wounds, only to receive another round.
    That's the saddest part of all. It makes me think that the children desperately wanted to believe that their mother, their mommy, was sorry and would help them and would make what was probably an incomprehensible shocking nightmare go away.

I can understand why children would return to even an abusive or murderous mother. I can't understand why an outside adult, ANY OUTSIDE ADULT, who wasn't high on crack, wouldn't keep bleeding children (or adolescents, or even adults) away from a shooter.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

We'll find out the events as they happened, as the case is investigated. As far as we know, though, Mom did not leave a note. So aside from the events from any witnesses and forensics, not sure.

MBTI
    NiFe

Default Experts: Circumstances of Florida family slayings 'really unusual'

@Jennifer @marmie_Dearest

And the details emerge:

Sheriff's deputies in Brevard County say Thomas turned a .38-caliber revolver on herself after killing her two sons, 15-year-old Jaxs Johnson and 12-year-old Joel Johnson, and two daughters, 17-year-old Pebbles Johnson and 13-year-old Jazlin Johnson. The children went to a neighbor's house when the shooting started, with at least one reporting being shot, according to recordings of 911 calls released by the sheriff's department Tuesday -- but they returned while neighbors were on the phone with deputies, and more shots followed.

"The two kids were in the front yard, one banging on the front door, 'Help us! Help us!'" a neighbor told dispatchers. "There was so much confusion going on we couldn't tell who shot who, and then when I was talking to you the one kid said his mom shot him."

Experts: Circumstances of Florida family slayings 'really unusual'

It also appears that the circumstances of this particular form of familicide defy all the usual markers.
    -A black female was the perpetrator.
    -She used a gun.
    -Her children were well above 5 years of age.

Very sad business. Still don't know why the kids went back. If only 3 made it next door, they may've gone back for the 4th.

On a much, much lighter note, I think an ISD is being a bit ridiculous:

High school students suspended, custodian fired after Post-it note prank

So, some seniors want to play a "safe" prank at the end of the year --they get (what they think is) permission and a key from a school board member to enter their school building before class, they discuss it in advance with the senior janitor so he knows what's going on, they come in early to do post-it designs on various lockers and walls, and a janitor (who is also one of the student's moms) follows them around to be sure no damage is done. But the superintendent's office says after the fact, hey! they didn't have OUR official okay... so they fire the janitor that supervised the activity and suspend all of the seniors.

Methinks some perspective is seriously lacking.
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

On a much, much lighter note, I think an ISD is being a bit ridiculous:

High school students suspended, custodian fired after Post-it note prank

So, some seniors want to play a "safe" prank at the end of the year --they get (what they think is) permission and a key from a school board member to enter their school building before class, they discuss it in advance with the senior janitor so he knows what's going on, they come in early to do post-it designs on various lockers and walls, and a janitor (who is also one of the student's moms) follows them around to be sure no damage is done. But the superintendent's office says after the fact, hey! they didn't have OUR official okay... so they fire the janitor that supervised the activity and suspend all of the seniors.

Methinks some perspective is seriously lacking.
    That comes out the same time as this story does:

......A young San Antonio Spurs fan faces an in-school suspension on Thursday if he doesn't somehow find a way to alter the image of Matt Bonner that was shaved into the back of his head. You read the previous sentence correctly. The Spurs forward, who is averaging just 14.6 minutes per game in the postseason, has apparently made such an impact on Woodlake Hills Middle School student Patrick Gonzalez that the youngster decided to have a hairstylist shave an image of the Spurs sharpshooter into the back of his haircut. Via Tas Melas, here's the image that has the principals at Woodlake Hills Middle School in righteous fear of the apparently inevitable anarchy and lawlessness in the school halls that will result if Gonzalez comes to school on Thursday without changing the haircut:

Because the image is so threatening, and so severe, if the style isn't "fixed" by Thursday, Gonzalez will have to take in an in-school suspension (the worst of all suspensions, because you don't get to go home and watch TV), because that seems very rational and fair to all the children...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...013230150.html

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

That hairstylist has mad skillz.

Maybe the kid could wear a hoodie.

Seriously, it seems to me that the punishments are way out of line with the "crimes". Silly stuff gets severely punished, while serious stuff gets a slap on the wrist.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    IsFJ

Russian man jumps in chute to escape girlfriend

A man in central Russia had to be rescued by emergency workers from a rubbish chute after he jumped into it to hide from his girlfriend.

He plunged three floors from the eighth floor of an apartment building in Tyumen, Siberia, before getting stuck. Residents then heard the 31-year-old man's cries for help.

Rescue workers had to use tools to cut him free. He was not seriously hurt.

He had had a row with his girlfriend, officials said, without elaborating.

Soviet-era buildings in Russia frequently have a metal rubbish chute in the stairwell, with a latch opening on each floor.

Tyumen emergency service officials contacted by the BBC said the incident happened late on Wednesday, but the man is already back at work.

"According to the 31-year-old victim, he jumped into the metal chute on the eighth floor to escape his girlfriend," a statement on the service's website said.

The officials said there had been a similar incident in Tyumen a few years ago, again with a happy outcome.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

Page 19 of 88 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast