User Tag List

Page 18 of 91 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy Sh*t People Do

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It's definitely not the world that Dan Rather and Walter Cronkite started in.
    Understatement of the year.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Understatement of the year.
    Heh. It is, is it not?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Since someone complained last week or so about the thread being too "dark" since it just contained messed-up anecdotes, here is one that is just crazy:

http://shine.yahoo.com/fashion/8-wei...144700426.html

Prom is right around the corner. While some gals (and guys) will be looking to the fashion magazines like Vogue, or to stylish celebrities like Jennifer Lawrence, or to the newest hot trends for their style inspiration, others will be inspired by something completely different like candy wrappers, duct tape, or Twilight.

Over the years, teenagers have challenged the regular standard-issue prom gown idea. They have created homespun creations that are truly one-of-a-kind. Some are wacky, others are weird, and some are, well, wonderful.

1. The Starburst Dress
    For her school's "Candyland" theme prom, Tara Frey and her mom created the Starburst wrapper dress which they made by folding each wrapper, "eight times and pressed with a tweezers for a tight weave." Now that is some commitment...

(etc)
    This girl and the other kids in this thread are heroes.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Next up: Crazy stuff publishers do to get readers for their dying mag....

This week's Time magazine cover features Jamie Lynne Grumet, a 26-year-old woman breastfeeding her three-year-old son. Grumet was one of four mothers photographed by Time for a cover story on "attachment parenting," an approach--outlined by 1992's "The Baby Book" by Dr. Bill Sears--that recommends extended breast-feeding, co-sleeping and "baby wearing."

The provocative cover, published online Thursday, was met with the predictable Twitter jaw-drop.

"Love the Time cover," AllThingsD.com's Peter Kafka wrote. "In the cringiest way possible."...

... PS. Yes, the nipple is covered, and the picture is non-sexual. I think that meets the FAQ. If not, someone can delete it.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

My friend cuts hair at Sport Clips and there is a dude that comes in often wearing pajama bottoms and a tshirt. The other day after his haircut, my friend took his cape off and noticed when he stood up that his dick was out! Like on purpose! She was so freaked out she was speechless! She said he's a freaky client and the next time they're going to call the cops, but I think they should also ban him from the shop. Sicko.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Next up: Crazy stuff publishers do to get readers for their dying mag....
    So true. It stinks of a desperate move to me.
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    So true. It stinks of a desperate move to me.
    I've noticed a shift in the weekly news mags in the US. Newsweek was bought out / merged with the Daily Beast a year or so ago (?), or might have gone out of business. i feel like the mag has become more sensationalistic; apparently Time is shifting in the same direction. They can't compete with the more sensational news pubs and the pseudo-news/celebrity news pubs, I guess.

Senior Member Array Chaotic Harmony's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Oh yeah... This kind of stuff makes me proud to be a "Hoosier." Article...with pics!

A naked, gun-wielding man went on a wild shooting spree on a quiet street in Bloomington, Ind., this morning, cops said.

Nobody was hurt -- except for the unidentified suspect, who was shot twice and wounded by officers after he allegedly pointed his gun at them, the Herald-Times reported.

Cops said that they received two emergency calls at about 7 a.m., one saying that a naked man was screaming and setting off fireworks, and another reporting that the nudist was firing bullets into the back of a house, according to a press release obtained by the paper.

"Multiple shell casings from a 9mm firearm have been recovered from gunshots fired by the suspect prior to the arrival of officers. Initial damage has been noted to three vehicles and the back door of the residence of the second caller," the release stated.

When officers arrived, the suspect allegedly continued waving his gun around. When he was told to put the firearm down, cops said he pointed the gun at an officer, who fired four shots and one bullet struck the man. But the man reportedly got back up and pointed his gun again, so a second officer pumped a round into him, the Associated Press reported.

Cops didn't immediately say how badly the suspect was injured.

A Herald-Times reader posted pictures taken from his window of the alleged gunman. They appear to show the man standing in the street completely naked, except for a yellow and green hat.

A second photo shows officers -- appearing to wield assault rifles -- arresting the man.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pgm8I0B8bY"]Moron can't control his lamborghini[/YOUTUBE]

Start around 00:45.

... i wanna cry.

Tragic story, but not unheard of:

Mom kills her children, herself at Florida home

A Florida mother shot her four children early Tuesday morning before turning the gun on herself at her home in Port St. John, police said.
    Okay, but here's the part where I get very confused and I want to be sure my comprehension is on the level:

A neighbor heard shots at 4:50 a.m. and then responded to a knock at the door to find three of the children, police said.

The three children went to the neighbor's house to say their mother had shot them, Brevard County Sheriff's Office Lt. Tod Goodyear said, according to CNN affiliate WKMG.

The mother, Tonya Thomas, 33, then called them back home, Brevard County Sheriff's Office Lt. Tod Goodyear told reporters.

The mother then shot them again, killing them, Goodyear said, according to WKMG.
    Before I lambast these neighbors, is there anything I'm not thinking of that could exonerate them allowing the children to return after having been shot? I am absolutely floored by this tidbit that has miraculously not been mentioned in the headlines or story title...?
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

Page 18 of 91 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast