@.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Three soldiers tried to put a t-shirt on a baboon.
    The baboon won. A hospital trip and many broken bones ensued.
    If they had made sure it said, "I'm with stupids" with three arrows pointed at the soldiers maybe he would have worn it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    If they had made sure it said, "I'm with stupids" with three arrows pointed at the soldiers maybe he would have worn it.
    Oh I can go on!

We also had a man in his underwear and sombrero steal a gator (a small work vehicle.. like if a 4-wheeler and a golf cart had a love child) and did donuts until the MPs finally got him.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

garbage

Does this entire blog count? The crazy shit people do here is "believing that Onion stories are factual and reacting to them as such."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Well, SOMEONE wasn't being careful.... arrgggg......

http://news.yahoo.com/stradivarius-c...133701593.html

MADRID (AP) — A Stradivarius cello housed at the Spanish Royal Palace was broken in an accident, an official said Monday. The instrument could be worth more than $20 million.

A National Heritage official declined to specify what went wrong. She refused to comment on an El Mundo newspaper report that the instrument fell off a table during a photo session. She confirmed it happened about three weeks ago. The official spoke on condition of anonymity in line with department policy.

The damage sustained: a piece that joins the neck of the 17th-century instrument to the body of it broke and fell off the rest of the cello. That piece was not original but rather a replacement installed in the 19th century.

The official said the cello can and will be repaired.

The heritage official declined to say how much the cello was worth. She said it was part of a set of instruments — two violins and a viola were the others — that were known as "the Quartet." They got this name because they were commissioned at the same time.

However, Tim Ingles, head of the musical instrument department at Sotheby's auction house in London, said he believed the Spanish cello was worth $20 million (€15.4 million) or more.
    Man oh man oh man....

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Hey guys, need some consensus on this and I can't get audio at my work computer. I'm confused because in this purse/knife holdup it looks like the Mom is running away and leaving her kid with the attacker. It's a little choppy for me, so maybe I'm just seeing it wrong?

Knife Attack
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Hey guys, need some consensus on this and I can't get audio at my work computer. I'm confused because in this purse/knife holdup it looks like the Mom is running away and leaving her kid with the attacker. It's a little choppy for me, so maybe I'm just seeing it wrong?

Knife Attack
    Wow.

Well, it looks like he stabbed her in the collarbone, and she reflexively ran back, he had a hold of her daughter, then her daughter broke free and ran (it's plausible she was yelling at her daughter to run), and then she managed to get into the store, and he got away.

The next video, some russian guy gets out of his car on the highway due to a fender bender or something, and some guy actually hits him and makes him do a complete somersault in the air... and he gets away with a broken leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Wow.

Well, it looks like he stabbed her in the collarbone, and she reflexively ran back, he had a hold of her daughter, then her daughter broke free and ran (it's plausible she was yelling at her daughter to run), and then she managed to get into the store, and he got away.

The next video, some russian guy gets out of his car on the highway due to a fender bender or something, and some guy actually hits him and makes him do a complete somersault in the air... and he gets away with a broken leg.
    So I got home and rewatched it with audio. I don't see the guy stab her, so maybe they're just editing that bit out for graphicness.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

So I got home and rewatched it with audio. I don't see the guy stab her, so maybe they're just editing that bit out for graphicness.
    Yeah, it was mostly what the announcers said. i thought I saw his hand move toward her neck briefly, but her body is blocking view of what is happening.

Turns out it was a hoax! that more than a dozen major media outlets picked up and ran. This is the second story in recent memory that was completely fabricated that the media totally dropped the ball on in a big way. Why is this happening? What happened to verification? I guess deadlines and ratings are eroding journalistic responsibility.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Turns out it was a hoax! that more than a dozen major media outlets picked up and ran. This is the second story in recent memory that was completely fabricated that the media totally dropped the ball on in a big way. Why is this happening? What happened to verification? I guess deadlines and ratings are eroding journalistic responsibility.
    I've noticed also that Internet news standards seem to be more lax. And headlines that show up on even major news sites (such as ABC) tend to be sloppy and give the wrong impression, in favor of attracting attention.

It's definitely not the world that Dan Rather and Walter Cronkite started in.

Page 17 of 91 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast