User Tag List

First 412131415162464 Last

Enneagram
    8w9

^ Haha smoke em if you got em.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

This thread should be more funny and less sad

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Fine.

http://shine.yahoo.com/fashion/6-bri...164300614.html

The bridesmaid dress: Though it comes in many forms, fabrics, and colors, you can always count on it looking mildly horrendous. Throw in a bad fit and gaudy embellishments, and that dress requires burning after the big day.

We decided to explore the world of bad bridesmaid dresses, 'cause summer is coming up, and we know more than a few of you have to don the dreaded dress. Plus, "The Five-Year Engagement" opens on Friday. (Jason Segel in a tux? Sign us up!)

To find out if your dress is truly horrendous, we dug up some examples for comparison's sake. You know you have a bad bridesmaid dress if …

...Your dress matches the drapes.

More located on the page.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Reminds me of fight club. Although I don't appreciate the end of the quote (that I didn't include)

"It's a bridesmaid's dress. Someone loved it intensely for one day, then tossed it. Like a Christmas tree -- so special, then, bam -- it's abandoned on the side of the road, tinsel still clinging to it." -Marla

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Reminds me of fight club. Although I don't appreciate the end of the quote (that I didn't include)

"It's a bridesmaid's dress. Someone loved it intensely for one day, then tossed it. Like a Christmas tree -- so special, then, bam -- it's abandoned on the side of the road, tinsel still clinging to it." -Marla
    This thread would be less sad if you stopped injecting sad things into the stories

Let's think positive. At least, after the wedding is over, the bridesmaids' dresses can be tailored to make more drapes.. ? Maybe then, those dresses will live on forever. Every time anyone in the house looks at those drapes, they will remember the wedding and the fun times and celebration had by all.

Enneagram
    8w9

Every time I see this thread, I think it's crazy sh!t you've done.

Like a thread that aggregates everyone's craziest anecdotes.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    This thread would be less sad if you stopped injecting sad things into the stories
    Let's think positive. At least, after the wedding is over, the bridesmaids' dresses can be tailored to make more drapes.. ? Maybe then, those dresses will live on forever. Every time anyone in the house looks at those drapes, they will remember the wedding and the fun times and celebration had by all.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Or "Crazy Sh*t that Bologna Found the Silver Lining For."
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post

This is a great idea for a thread. I'd contribute, but I haven't done a lot of crazy shit myself.

Well, I have a few Ambien stories, but they're kind of boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Or "Crazy Sh*t that Bologna Found the Silver Lining For."
    Look at the bright side: at least the silver lining is being identified.

MBTI
    IsFJ

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news...-he-hates?lite

Norwegians to protest mass killer Breivik, singing song he hates

OSLO, April 25 (Reuters) - Norwegians protesting against mass killer Anders Behring Breivik will take to the streets of Oslo on Thursday to sing a children’s songs that they're hoping he will just hate.

They plan to sing arm-in-arm a few blocks from the courthouse where Breivik is on trial for the killings of 77 people in a gun and bomb rampage last year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I grew up with this song and have sung it to my child," said Lill Hjoennevaag, one of the organizers of the demonstration.

"Everybody I know feels strongly about this song and we need to take it back," she told public broadcaster NRK.

Lillebjoern Nilsen's "Children of the Rainbow," a Norwegian rendition of American folk singer Pete Seeger's 1971 "My Rainbow Race," is a popular song in Norway.

"Breivik has used it as an example of brainwashing, but it is rather an example of the opposite," said Christine Bar, another organizer, who launched the event on Facebook.

"We think it represents diversity, and it stands for the community we have chosen to live in, and which Breivik and similar people want to tear down," she added
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Breivik supporter, eh?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :bye:
  • :hi:
  • :)