.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    She can't understand the backlash, but Daddy made everything better.
    That was just bizarre.

This lady continues to creep me the f*ck out.
    I hope it's really just one big con and she's playing into that persona to milk it for as much as it's worth.
    Because if she's serious, she's a nutjob.
    Last edited by Vasilisa; 04-18-2012 at 04:03 PM. Reason: thread split
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I saw a woman smoking a cigarette the other day. The thing is, she was clearly pregnant. Geez isn't there a law against this type of stuff?
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Well, that sounds like a valid criticism; I guess if I were going to argue with you, I would focus on how abortion typically focuses on whether or not a woman chooses to have the child in the first place, whereas smoking and other practices that have been shown to have direct physical effects on developing fetuses is more equitable to child abuse of a child you have/plan to keep. I dunno. Considering some of the real stupid thing people with kids do, lots of things would have to be outlawed.
    Yeah, when it comes down to it there are some things that are useless to legislate. Like common sense and caring. You can take her cigarette, but that won't be her last poor choice in child rearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yes -- smokers should immediately be sterilized.
    I love solutions that avoid the question all together. (let's ignore any other questions this one creates)

garbage

Wow, someone needs to read up on the Enneatype 3 description and its Parental Orientations.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Sugoi.

MBTI
    NiFe

Default US charges British twins over $1.2m 'stock robot' fraud

US charges British twins over $1.2m 'stock robot' fraud

Twin brothers from England face US civil charges for allegedly defrauding investors out of $1.2m (£745,000) through a bogus stock-picking robot.

Alexander and Thomas Hunter, of Whitley Bay, North Tyneside, were aged 16 when, in 2007, they devised the scheme of the robot, dubbed Marl, say US officials.

The Securities and Exchange Commission said the stocks "picked" were actually firms that paid the twins hefty fees.
    Officials are asking the court to block the Hunters, now 20 or 21, from the securities industry and return money to investors. They are also seeking further financial penalties.
    Clever.
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

"The remote controls the robot????"

... apparently not!

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    NiFe

I'm scratching my head here...

Woman Fired After Giving Kidney To Boss

Stevens was an employee at the Atlantic Automotive Group from over a year before she decided to move to Florida. She left on good terms and during a trip back to NY, she visited her former employer to say hello.

While she was there, her boss, Jacqueline Brucia explained how she was having health problems and needed a new kidney. Debbie told Brucia if she ever needed a kidney, she would be willing to donate.

After deciding to move back to New York, Debbie asked for her old job back. Brucia immediately hired her back, and then reminded her that she offered a kidney at one time.

"My boss needed a kidney," said Stevens.

Stevens went under the knife in August of 2011 to have her left kidney removed. The recovery was nothing like she expected and she went through a painful recovery.

On September 6th, Stevens went back to work, even though she was still in pain. That is when she realized what really went down.

"It appeared I was used. She used her power and she manipulated me," said Stevens.

The boss who once asked for the gift of life -- turned into an ungrateful monster, finding fault in everything Stevens did.

"She accused me of not doing my job, she'd yell at me every day. She made me feel guilty about the pain I was in."

Stevens couldn't take it anymore and went to human resources. They informed her they had heard from other employees that Brucia was harassing Stevens. They in turn moved Stevens to another dealership fifty miles away, and than abruptly fired her.
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    I'm scratching my head here...

Woman Fired After Giving Kidney To Boss
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...191647836.html

Another ‘Heart Attack Grill’ customer collapses while eating ‘bypass burger’

No one can accuse The Heart Attack Grill of false advertising.

A woman collapsed into unconsciousness at the Las Vegas restaurant while eating a "double bypass burger," drinking a margarita and smoking a cigarette.

The unnamed customer was the second in just over two months to collapse at the restaurant while eating one of the famed burgers named after various forms of cardiac arrest...

The Heart Attack Grill offers free meals to any customer who weighs over 350 pounds and features a butterfat milkshake, nonfiltered cigarettes, "flatliner" fries and four burgers, each rated on an ascending scale of "a single bypass" to the "quadruple bypass."

There's a tongue-in-cheek warning sign at the restaurant's door stating that the offered dining fare is a health risk. Waitresses in the restaurant even wear nurses' uniforms.

Last year, the company's 600-pound spokes-model died when he was only 29-years-old.

Page 13 of 88 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast