User Tag List

First 210111213142262 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

This isn't about Newt, it's about the stupid things that penguins do.
    Now it'll probably get sepsis and die.

Newt Gingrich bitten by penguin at zoo, a place where he loves to go
    Newt Gingrich was bitten by a penguin at the St. Louis Zoo on Friday during a private tour, zoo officials said.

The candidate was on the tour before giving a speech to the National Rifle Association convention when "he was nipped on the finger" by a Magellanic penguin, Susan Gallagher, the zoo's public relations director, told Reuters on Monday. A Band-Aid, she added, "took care of the injury..."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...154916520.html
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

This is the kind of news I should only be aware of if I am unreasonably interested in Newt Gingrich.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Are you unreasonably interested in Newt Gringrich?

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

No, and I curse you.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

... would that you were just a penguin, nipping at my fingertips!

I saw a woman smoking a cigarette the other day. The thing is, she was clearly pregnant. Geez isn't there a law against this type of stuff?

Also:

Hockey Fans Use Obama To Taunt Tea Party Goalie

Capitals fans used pictures of Obama's face to taunt Boston's star goalie Tim Thomas, who skipped out on the team's visit to the White House back in January months after the Bruins won the Stanley Cup.

Despite being named Stanley Cup MVP, Thomas refused to join his team in D.C. when Obama honored the Bruins, citing political issues. In a statement posted on Facebook, Thomas said he believes the federal government "has grown out of control" but also wrote that he blames both political parties.

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1431367.html

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I saw a woman smoking a cigarette the other day. The thing is, she was clearly pregnant. Geez isn't there a law against this type of stuff?
    Hmm... I'm trying to consider this in the context of the right to have an abortion. Isn't it hypocritical to support the legal right for a woman to have an abortion and then want to legislate what a woman can or can't do while pregnant?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Hmm... I'm trying to consider this in the context of the right to have an abortion. Isn't it hypocritical to support the legal right for a woman to have an abortion and then want to legislate what a woman can or can't do while pregnant?
    Well, that sounds like a valid criticism; I guess if I were going to argue with you, I would focus on how abortion typically focuses on whether or not a woman chooses to have the child in the first place, whereas smoking and other practices that have been shown to have direct physical effects on developing fetuses is more equitable to child abuse of a child you have/plan to keep. I dunno. Considering some of the real stupid thing people with kids do, lots of things would have to be outlawed.

Yes -- smokers should immediately be sterilized.

Likes thepumpkinpot liked this post

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Also:

No kidding.

Just like there should be a law against people who drag their babies/toddlers to Walmart at 10 pm. And people who let their babies scream their heads off in the shopping carts whilst shopping. Or worse, smack them or degrade them.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Default Samantha Brick: I know I’m beautiful—Daddy told me so

*mod edit: student-teacher relationship discussion moved HERE.*

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    http://gma.yahoo.com/too-pretty-colu...nd-beauty.html

What is funny is that I don't even think she is that pretty to begin with.

She can't understand the backlash, but Daddy made everything better.

Samantha Brick: I know I’m beautiful—Daddy told me so

In the middle of last week's media storm, he was the man I instinctively turned to. Yes, Pascal, my loving husband of four years, was behind me all the way, telling me that to him I was the most beautiful woman in the world. But Dad immediately knew—as he always has—what to say to make me feel better.

I called him from my home in France to ask what he thought. As ever, his support was instant and unwavering. First, he reassured me that those lambasting me were 'very sad people with very shallow lives.'

Then, unable to understand why I'd become the focus of so much bitterness, he asked: 'Why aren't people directing such anger towards the real problems going on in this country? You've done nothing wrong, you've struck a nerve and you've proved that your point is valid. Treat them with the contempt they deserve.'

Unashamedly, I am a daddy's girl, utterly confident in my father's love. For as long as I can remember, I got birthday cards from him addressed to 'my No 1 girl'. While he was probably referring to the fact I was his eldest daughter (he has five) I interpreted it as meaning I was No 1 in his life.

And it's an outlook I have taken with me into my adulthood. It's the reason why when I look in the mirror, I don't see a 40-something woman with crow's feet, squidgy cheeks sliding southwards and the beginnings of a crepey chest. I see a twinkly eyed temptress who grins confidently back at me—one who stands tall, proud and with masses of va-va-voom.
    This lady continues to creep me the f*ck out.
    Last edited by Vasilisa; 04-18-2012 at 02:25 PM. Reason: split thread and announcement
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."