Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Cement?

Talk about heavy rear ends....

garbage

10. Honorable mention: the last-minute lothario
    Tessa, 29, considers her cute friend Matt to be the type of guy who won’t ever be boyfriend material (for herself, at least) because of his poor dating skills, such as calling her at the last minute to hang out. “It’s always like, ‘yo, you coming over to my place?’” Tessa explains, noting that the only time they went out to dinner together, they decided to split the check.
    Gasp. That bastard.

Sarah, 33, was impressed when her date Phil told her how much his suit cost.
    Oh, I need to try this tactic. Everybody, my suit cost $8 million dollars.

Or does it work the other way? Do women like thrifty guys? In that case, my suit cost $5.

Whatever. Someone please just like me. I'll say anything!

"Not guilty"? I mean, wouldn't there be ample evidence in the form of multiple patients of hers with odd injections?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    "Not guilty"? I mean, wouldn't there be ample evidence in the form of multiple patients of hers with odd injections?
    I know. In TWO different counties (at least).

What audacity.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Double whammy day:

http://news.yahoo.com/ex-ny-woman-ch...122800153.html

Ex-NY woman charged with faking cancer for wedding

GOSHEN, N.Y. (AP) — Authorities say a former New York woman pretended to have terminal cancer so she could have a lavish wedding reception and honeymoon.

The Times Herald-Record reports an Orange County Grand jury has indicted 25-year-old Jessica Vega, a former Montgomery resident, with grand larceny and scheme to defraud. According to the indictment, Vega accepted thousands of dollars in donated services and goods after claiming in 2010 that she was dying of leukemia...
    http://news.yahoo.com/conn-boy-5-bri...131238166.html

Conn. boy, 5, brings heroin for show and tell

BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP) — Police say a 5-year-old Connecticut boy brought 50 packets of heroin to school for show and tell, and his stepfather has been arrested.

Bridgeport police tell the Connecticut Post that 35-year-old Santos Roman went to the Barnum School on Monday to retrieve the drugs and found police waiting for him....

Police say the boy wore Roman's jacket to school Monday. When it came time for his show-and-tell presentation, the kindergartner displayed bags of heroin. The teacher confiscated the drugs and told the principal, who called police...

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    What is funny is that I don't even think she is that pretty to begin with.
    It's interesting to see the different public reactions when a man speaks like this. From what I can tell, misogyny is playing a huge role in this, and there are countless delusional articles on the internet, but this woman is torn down with a lot of passion for a variety of reasons. Even ignoring cultural-baseline misogyny, like prioritizing appearance in females, that article is tailored for such a response.

A lot of cunning goes into the Daily Mail stuff, and they are very good at channeling cultural attitudes to gain readership. From what I've heard of their editing, they are basically professional trolls (often to the detriment of their journalists, but my guess is this woman is consciously part of such manipulation, given her record).

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

http://news.yahoo.com/retiring-publi...062017618.html

A retiring German public employee thought it’d be a good idea to email his 500 coworkers and let them all know he had been paid to do nothing for the last 14 years.

"Since 1998, I was only present but not really there. So I'm going so well prepared to retire," the former public employee wrote in his farewell letter. He also made sure to mention that during all those years he did nothing, the city of Mendon (in the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia) paid him about $975,000. The retiree says that because of constant reshuffling at his job, he managed to get away with never having to work. Of course, according to Die Welt, he never mentioned any of this to his supervisors while, you know, he was being paid.

Naturally, many people, most especially the mayor of Mendon, are furious (or in a “considerable pinch of rage,” as the mayor puts it) over the letter. “This kind of behaviour is very telling,” the mayor said, according to the Local. The retiree wasn’t expecting the farewell letter to get the type of attention it has received from the German press. So instead of it being a satisfying Johnny Paycheck moment, he has managed to tick off an entire county. “The 65-year-old thought he had had the last word before heading out of the office door for the last time -- except his email was leaked to the regional media and he is now the focus of some attention,” the Local report adds.

“I do not wish to say anything else,” he told his local paper. “That email was not intended for public view.” Well, that public money wasn’t intended to be wasted, so let’s call it even.

garbage

What else does the mayor have to say about this, aside from it being "very telling"? Does he blame the individual employee, or is he going to crack the whip on the supervisors and the systems in order to ensure that they're doing what they need to do?

Because, really, this phenomenon may be endemic to any large bureaucratic environment.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Because, really, this phenomenon may be endemic to any large bureaucratic environment.
    Definitely. The larger the company, and the more redunancy in the workloads, the more that individuals can slack off without having their lack of contribution noticed. There is always someone around to make sure the work gets done, and a multiplicity of projects to hide behind and say, "Well, I didn't do THAT because I was doing THIS."

What is $60K/year in a budget involving millions or billions of dollars? it just isn't very noticeable as a percentage.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    What is $60K/year in a budget involving millions or billions of dollars? it just isn't very noticeable as a percentage.
    This is true. If this was an isolated incident--no big deal; it's a drop in the bucket. If it isn't--we've got ourselves a problem.

Either way, his direct supervisor's supervisors ought to be taking a look at what's going on.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

This is true. If this was an isolated incident--no big deal; it's a drop in the bucket. If it isn't--we've got ourselves a problem.

Either way, his direct supervisor's supervisors ought to be taking a look at what's going on.
    Since the situation has hit the "common people" and become watercooler talk, I'm sure heads are going to roll / it will be investigated.