User Tag List

First 891011122060 Last

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    While I've been shocked and hurt by the global condemnation, I have just this to say: my detractors have simply proved my point. Their level of anger only underlines that no one in this world is more reviled than a pretty woman.
    [...]
    I have lived and worked in Los Angeles and I doubt that such a reaction to my piece would have happened there. For in the U.S. you're expected to look good and you're rightly applauded for it.
    Haha, looks like we all called it. Kind of sucks that she had to endure insults, and it sucks that she didn't learn the 'right' lessons from them ("gee, maybe I'm wrong about myself"), but she kind of deserves the former until the latter gets through to her.

In any case, I sure don't see a bunch of men in the comments section saying "Fuck those women! You are hot!!" I see men and women riled up about her arrogance--her character, not her looks. She blissfully ignores this.

Confirmation bias is the best bias.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Haha, looks like we all called it. Kind of sucks that she had to endure insults, and it sucks that she didn't learn the 'right' lessons from them ("gee, maybe I'm wrong about myself"), but she kind of deserves the former until the latter gets through to her.

In any case, I sure don't see a bunch of men in the comments section saying "Fuck those women! You are hot!!" I see men and women riled up about her arrogance--her character, not her looks. She blissfully ignores this.

Confirmation bias is the best bias.
    Yeah, you were definitely spot on!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I could easily mistake her original column for an Onion article. I'm surprised it's not intentional, especially with those almost ridiculous photos plastering it.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post

I have lived and worked in Los Angeles and I doubt that such a reaction to my piece would have happened there. For in the U.S. you're expected to look good and you're rightly applauded for it.
    Yeah, here in the United States we just make fun of people for being ugly AND stupid.

I mean, srsly? we don't have any sacred cows here, and we don't mind laughing at buffoons in the public sphere.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Where can I post to this woman, unmoderated?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

How Not to Fix a Kid's Class Photo...

An elementary school class picture is causing quite a stir after the photographer Photoshopped a cartoon smiley face over a boy's head.

David Claussen, owner of Broward County Pictures, took the photo of the second grade class at Sawgrass Elementary school, but was notified afterward that two of the students hadn't signed consent forms and needed to be removed.

The local news reports:

"Claussen said he was able to use the photo editing software Adobe Photoshop to lift one of the kids out, but had explained to them that there was a problem with the second student. He was sitting in the front row, right in the middle ... He said he would have gladly come out there to reshoot the image. Instead there was talk about putting a star over his face and then, he said, the P.T.A. asked him to place a smiley face..."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/c...023307967.html
    I'm not making this stuff up! Who ever thought that type of "fix" to the picture would be appropriate to then distribute as the official picture to all the families that purchased it? ROFL!

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Desperate Chinese boy, 17, sells kidney for £2,000 to buy an iPad and iPhone

5 charged in Chinese kidney scheme, state media says

The teenager is now suffering from renal insufficiency, Xinhua reported.
    The boy's condition is deteriorating, it said.
    One of the defendants, a man named He Wei, was described as "penniless and frustrated over gambling debts" and allegedly "sought to make enormous earnings through illegal kidney trading," the news agency reported.
    A man named Song Zhongyu, a surgeon from a provincial hospital in Yunnan province, received nearly $35,000 in the deal, while the boy was given about $3,500, Xinhua said.
    Personally, I blame natural selection.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

http://yahoo.match.com/y/article.aspx?articleid=1955

...8. The manipu-date
    Patty, 41, found her blind date likeable and agreed to go to another restaurant with him for a change of atmosphere. “He ran into his ex-girlfriend, and then left me at the table alone for 20 minutes to go chat with her. He came back and affectionately touched me, telling me to play along in front of her to make her jealous.” Patty said no and left — quickly!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

http://news.yahoo.com/us-woman-accus...162149371.html

US woman accused of injecting women's buttocks with tire sealant, glue pleads not guilty

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - A Florida woman accused by authorities of illegally injecting toxic substances into women's buttocks as an enhancement procedure has pleaded not guilty.... She faces unlicensed practice of medicine and related charges in Broward County. Morris... was arrested in November on similar charges in Miami-Dade County.

...Authorities say Morris injected flat-tire sealant, glue, caulk and cement into women's buttocks. All three victims suffered medical complications and infections.