User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type should totally be my new best friend?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESTP-Promoter Executor

0 0%
  • ESFP-Motivator Presenter

1 6.25%
  • ISTJ-Planner Inspector

1 6.25%
  • ISFJ-Protector Supporter

3 18.75%
  • ENTP-Explorer Inventor

3 18.75%
  • ENFP-Discoverer Advocate

6 37.50%
  • INTJ-Conceptualizer Director

5 31.25%
  • INFJ-Foreseer Developer

5 31.25%
  • ESTJ-Implementor Supervisor

0 0%
  • ENTJ-Strategist Mobilizer

1 6.25%
  • ISTP-Analyzer Operator

1 6.25%
  • INTP-Designer Theorizer

4 25.00%
  • ESFJ-Facilitator Caretaker

1 6.25%
  • ENFJ-Envisioner Mentor

6 37.50%
  • ISFP-Composer Producer

3 18.75%
  • INFP-Harmonizer Clarifier

4 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 123 Last

Thread: Friends

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Out of your purse, or out of my head?
    My purse. I mean, I keep my iPod and a Pratchett novel in there! Your head is great an all, but we're talking my iPod here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Cafe you are very familiar to me and definitely different in person than online and I mean that in a very positive way. Very intelligent and very well read.
    I think my online persona needs help. The internet is supposed to be a place for introverts to extrovert, but I introvert more online.
    Last edited by cafe; 04-22-2008 at 11:02 AM. Reason: trying not to double post
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

...I am assuming that's why you disappear for periods of time?
    Actually, if you read her INTPc blog, she is running through the woods taking pictures of dead stumps and crude flagpole graffiti.

So in your search for new friends, why not make a list of things that you generally like in people, versus things that you can't stand? The shopping list might be very helpful.

Hmm... I am thinking an iPod might have more memory than me, nowadays.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Default Like, totally.

Everyone wants to have a best friend but no one wants to be a best friend.

But the only way to have a friend is to be a friend.

And failing to do the only thing necessary for friendship, we try to manipulate our way into friendship.

Gosh, if only my magic four letters match their magic four letters, we will be totally best friends.

Like, totally.

Victor.

We all got it comin' kid Delilah's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Delilah I don't think it will work out,. Now and then we can hang out, have some drinks and bitch about everything and cuss people out who look at us funny but if you're at all moody and/or have too many issues I can't handle that. I am assuming that's why you disappear for periods of time?
    No, it's generally because I get interested in something else and get crazy obsessed with it and forget about everything else, I'm not too moody and I tend not to share my issues with others. I'm just strange.

I do like to drink and bitch though!
    *clinging to my face like a starfish of love* ....... PinkPiranha

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Hmm... I am thinking an iPod might have more memory than me, nowadays.
    Mine's a 2gig and I think it's got more memory than I've ever had.

I'll be serious about the OP now.

Jen, I think you could be friends with an NT or an NF if you had things in common. I have doubts that an ENTJ or an ENFJ would work because they would be extroverted and directive and it wouldn't leave you feeling like you had enough autonomy and control. You don't need to control other people, but you do need to feel like you are in control of yourself and what you do (something I can very much identify with).

This is making wish teleporters were invented and I could afford one.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I am thinking Seahorse and his little clan of hippocampus abdominalises are off your "best friends" list?

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I am thinking Seahorse and his little clan of hippocampus abdominalises are off your "best friends" list?
    Well yes since I'm not looking for a "boy" friend and I don't think stopping by the MAC counter on our way to lunch would be acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Mine's a 2gig and I think it's got more memory than I've ever had.

I'll be serious about the OP now.

Jen, I think you could be friends with an NT or an NF if you had things in common. I have doubts that an ENTJ or an ENFJ would work because they would be extroverted and directive and it wouldn't leave you feeling like you had enough autonomy and control. You don't need to control other people, but you do need to feel like you are in control of yourself and what you do (something I can very much identify with).

This is making wish teleporters were invented and I could afford one.
    Yes to all of that.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ENTP

No idea what to recommend to you Jen except 'probably not an ENTP' but then, you're not a typical INFJ either so maybe that's why we get along

I have quite a lot of people I know, and the two people I see the most of, whom I might call best friends because they're the ones I'm in most regular contact with, are ISTJ and ISTP. But the ISTJ is more like a sorta protege and me like his social worker, except unpaid and unofficial. I sometimes enjoy his company but find him quite hard work. The ISTP is great, my only reservation being that I wish he'd talk more, which is not bad really cos it means I want to hear him and enjoy it when he does talk. But in both of their cases, they always seek me out - I seldom seek them out without a particular 'shop' type reason.

But if I'm to think of the people I've known and know now, whose company I always really actually enjoy - I mean who I can come away from feeling uplifted and motivated and understood and stuff, the most fulfilling ones for me, have been XNTJ. Unfortunately, the people whose company I enjoy the most are the ones I don't get to see much of because of all their and my commitments. It's part of the reason why I find them so satisfying to be around - their positive, 'can do' mentality, activeness and stuff, which is like me. But such a mentality tends to lead to usually being involved up to the neck in projects and stuff, so you only see really the other people involved in it.

I do sometimes get tired of having to dumb and quieten myself down, to dampen my natural enthusiasm and energy because of feeling like I'm getting on someone's nerves, which is why I find introverts often pretty hard work to be around (they might say the same thing in reverse of me, but since my instinct is to adapt I do feel I adapt more to them than them to me), unless they're only weakly/borderline introverted. As a great antidote to that pent-up feeling though, there's nothing quite like another ExxP
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Well yes since I'm not looking for a "boy" friend and I don't think stopping by the MAC counter on our way to lunch would be acceptable.
    *omfgrofl*

That would be on par with the closing credits of "Cats and Dogs." (Do you know the scenes I am talking about? Yes, "dress kitty.")

MBTI
    INTP

I don't know you well enough to say for sure, but I can tell you that I have a few INFJ friends that I get along really well with. You'd probably get along pretty well with an INTP woman. But you seem to have a pretty strong J, so you'd have to be open to a little flexibility, since we're not as into planning and we like to keep our options open. There would be some give and take there. I'll accommodate my J friends' needs for structure, but I don't like feeling scolded by them for not doing things the way they would.

I think NF/NTs complement each other nicely, though.