FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Life begins at 40.
    That's what I hope.

I have 18 months to get things in place.

Poor Martoon, though -- he's quickly running out of time. <evil grin>
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I think whether or not it will hurt to turn forty will depend very much on what Toonia uses to give you your birthday spankin'.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    (ha ha you are two years older than me ha ha!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I have 18 months to get things in place.
    18 months? A couple hours ago it was two years! At the rate you're gaining on me, you should be passing me up any minute now. Your accelerated timeline will provide a handy reference for me to see what I'm in for. Keep it up, Algernon.

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Life begins at 40.
    W00t! Two more weeks and I get a life!
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

The Senior Member title you hold will officially take meaning . I don't think it will hurt though Martoon!
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Martoon View Post
    Or am I the oldest fart here?
    No. I'm 47, and kuranes is older than that.

But never mind that. You're missing the real point here. It's not that you're approaching 40, it's that the woman you have sex with is approaching 40. This is very very good. Expect a combination of experience and enthusiasm.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Nine

For a man, the 40th birthday is nothing. Unless he is married and did not realize how symbolic/sensitive his wife would be on her 40th birthday.

I'm not saying how I know about this.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Zybd03 View Post
    For a man, the 40th birthday is nothing. Unless he is married and did not realize how symbolic/sensitive his wife would be on her 40th birthday.

I'm not saying how I know about this.
    Oops!

“There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Okay, I'm two weeks away from my quadradectennial. I won't be a spring chicken like Fortunato anymore. What should I be expecting? Or am I the oldest fart here?
    You're not hardly the oldest fart here, although I don't think I am either, but I'm pretty close.

I don't know whether to or
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INTP

40's not bothering me as much as a looming 20 year class reunion. I was snooping around for a bday card for a friend of mine who's turning 40. All the best ones were for people turning 30. All I could think was "#$*(&#!! What do they have to complain about?!"

My advice would be to check your health insurance. Minor dings can turn out to be major repairs. But at least you get to get rid of that ugly stigma of "pushing 40."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

18 months? A couple hours ago it was two years! At the rate you're gaining on me, you should be passing me up any minute now. Your accelerated timeline will provide a handy reference for me to see what I'm in for. Keep it up, Algernon.
    dear diary

forgot einstine's relagent theory today. I think it was today. Not sure. had trouble working the dvd player. Keys were missng, didnt' now how to driv car no more. Wish was as smarts as I useta be, but tings haf been gettin dummer and dummer lately. Marstune makes funnsa me. Wish I wuz still smarts, but nothing makes cnetns no more... helps me! miss toony says she tinks i still nice smarts guy, but I kno better ,i gots real dums and soons. bury hamster under treee in bakyard, dat's where I wants ta be too.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft