User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 62

  1. #11
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    That senior picture is tasteless and I, for one, am glad it made it onto the internet
    I suppose that's a plus: Such tastelessness should never just be the privilege of a few to see, but should belong to the whole world.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  2. #12
    Senior Member Lightyear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    Maybe it's one of those "I disagree with what you're doing but I'll fight for your right to do it." cases?

    But maybe not.
    Nah. She is just as Saturned put it so nicely "an entitled ass".

  3. #13
    NPcomplete
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    Nah. She is just as Saturned put is so nicely "an entitled ass".


    Indeed.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    I would have to see the guidelines. Every publication has guidelines and the publisher has the right to refuse publication of whatever he/she chooses. That includes images. The problem is, this is a school yearbook and they're not typically run like a professional publication. Without seeing the guidelines, I can't really give an answer.

    *takes off business hat*

    She looks like a bimbo.

    *puts on business hat*

  5. #15
    Senior Member Beargryllz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    She is a student and probably not even technically an adult (though the picture would have many dispute this)

    She isn't even a real person and certainly isn't entitled to rights, regardless

  6. #16
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,584

    Default

    A desire for attention could be driving all of it. The original picture seems to be about attention. That it was refused shows it was done out of the norm which also attracts attention. I'd guess that fighting it is also primarily about attention. It may be she is trying out for commercials, acting/performing gigs and thinks the attention will help - in many cases it would help. It has a competitive feel to me for some reason like it is a push for attention for a reason, but maybe that is just because it is succeeding at something useful for an ambitious motivation.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

    I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Beargryllz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    A desire for attention could be driving all of it. The original picture seems to be about attention. That it was refused shows it was done out of the norm which also attracts attention. I'd guess that fighting it is also primarily about attention. It may be she is trying out for commercials, acting/performing gigs and thinks the attention will help - in many cases it would help. It has a competitive feel to me for some reason like it is a push for attention for a reason, but maybe that is just because it is succeeding at something useful for an ambitious motivation.
    And she has it

    Plenty of people on online communities discuss her on this very day

    All is precisely as it should be

  8. #18
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post

    *takes off business hat*

    She looks like a bimbo.

    *puts on business hat*


    Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post

    She isn't even a real person
    Apparently she's made of plastic too.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    And she has it

    Plenty of people on online communities discuss her on this very day

    All is precisely as it should be
    You're starting to sound like Victor.

  10. #20
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    You're starting to sound like Victor.
    ... in a thread about trying to get unnecessary attention? Pshaw.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Similar Threads

  1. Forget Big Brother: Facebook, Corporations, and the End of Free Speech
    By speculative in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-23-2009, 11:40 AM
  2. Request: Pictures of Seattle and/or surrounding areas
    By swordpath in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-16-2009, 05:35 AM
  3. Good/bad people or good/bad deeds...
    By The Ü™ in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-14-2008, 06:58 AM
  4. The Power of "Free"
    By Totenkindly in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-05-2008, 06:40 PM
  5. The Human Mind - the sum of its parts or something more?
    By Geoff in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-15-2007, 06:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO