User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

It's the *put a designer name here* of grocery. Every market's gotta have it.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Fuck whole foods
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I can't believe nobody's mentioned the non-food items. Where else you gonna go for your Ma Roller, your lavender eye pillow, your henna hair dye, your Pacifica perfume, your French bath soap? Your silky textured body lotion created by high elves in the light of the full moon in the presence of crystals (with no phthalates or other ingredients you lisp and stumble over as you peruse the inredients list)? Your fifteen kinds of incense and variety of incense burners to burn them on? Where else you gonna go for your funny greeting cards, your books about healing touch and reiki, your veritable encyclopedias of woo? What about your coral pink gladiolas, smiling daisies, demure rose buds, peonies unfurling all in pink? Your Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap in the gallon jug?

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I can't believe nobody's mentioned the non-food items. Where else you gonna go for your Ma Roller, your lavender eye pillow, your henna hair dye, your Pacifica perfume, your French bath soap? Your silky textured body lotion created by high elves in the light of the full moon in the presence of crystals (with no phthalates or other ingredients you lisp and stumble over as you peruse the inredients list)? Your fifteen kinds of incense and variety of incense burners to burn them on? Where else you gonna go for your funny greeting cards, your books about healing touch and reiki, your veritable encyclopedias of woo? What about your coral pink gladiolas, smiling daisies, demure rose buds, peonies unfurling all in pink? Your Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap in the gallon jug?
    Okay, I do love this stuff.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Okay, I do love this stuff.

Senior Member EvidenceOfRedemption's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP

whole foods are good, trying to sell them as a brand is not

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    I love Whole Foods.

I don't get why people don't like WF. I love good food and hate fast food with a passion though. Yuck, yuck, yuck. And I don't really have anything else I'd rather spend money on than good food. But I don't get it, unless perhaps it's something to do with the founder or my in-store experiences are really different from other shoppers. I've never had a bad experience with any staff I've interacted with. I'm actually crazily in love with WF, anyone who knows me knows about my fetish. So glad there's one place I can do all of my food shopping. I think it doesn't have to be really expensive if you just buy less processed foods and stick to more fresh foods and staple foods.
    I love whole foods too! I recently went there for protein shakes and greens to mix in the shakes after getting very sick from GNC's lean protein shakes. I did however, reorder the product off amazon for a bit cheaper.

As for produce, I've bought fruits and veggies at Trader Joes and my local grocery store's organic section, only to have it go bad pretty much right away, but at WF's never any issues.

I think the problem is that it's more expensive to eat healthier and most people would rather not spend the money, which I can understand when you're on a tight budget. I was pretty much forced into eating healthier by having stomach issues and now feel 100 times better and no longer need to take medication. I am working on switching the whole family to healthier foods. I managed to get my youngest child who loves pizza to eat whole grain crust and she loves it!

Does anyone shop at Earthfare? I've been meaning to check it out, but it's a bit far from where we live.

violaine

@Tigerlily - So fantastic that you were able to feel better through diet! Good for you. I absolutely cannot live on garbage-y food either. Even if I love the taste of super-processed foods, my body can't take it. Agree about the quality of produce at WF. (I bought some strawberries the other day from a different market as I'm away from home and they were bad within two days. Never happens with WF's produce. Did make me wonder if organically grown produce is supposed to go bad more quickly though... I would imagine so). In any case, I <3 WF produce. I am a foodie, love food to bits, and going to WF really satisfies that part of me.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I swear I sing that song every time I'm looking for a spot, although I have a TDI, not a Prius.