User Tag List

View Poll Results: I think about...

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • ...issues in my life e.g. financial, romantic etc.

5 27.78%
  • ...the future

4 22.22%
  • ...death

0 0%
  • ...(sex with) (wo)men

1 5.56%
  • ...the day

1 5.56%
  • ...something else (explain)

7 38.89%
First 123

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I tend to engage in what I call "active" dreaming prior to falling asleep. It is a pleasurable experience for me where I get to funnel my emotions and role play with people and ideas in simulated situations. I get a lot of abstract thinking done when lying in bed deeply engaged in dream thinking, lol.

Bleh, reality can be so boring!!!
    You said it all... I do pretty much the same thing. Sometimes when I think back to it the next morning, especially the really abstract stuff, I laugh my ass off because it can be pretty bizarre but I remember thinking about it in a very serious way. Sometimes I go into some mundane things on a very abstract level, and I end up learning soemthing from it, liek the time I thought of the meaning and significance of the word "symbiotic". One of my favourite words, really, but its amazing how much I went into one night like two weeks ago.

MBTI
    GONE

^^ that's a neat trick. you're on Kramer time! like in Seinfeld.

sometimes I can lull myself to sleep but often I sleep like a rock through multiple alarms. They have to be LOUD to work.

My fave alarm clock was so loud, all my roommates in other parts of the house could hear it. it said, "wake up! wake up! it's time rock n' roll!' the phrase would seriously get stuck in your head.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ISTx

It varies. Sometimes I think about anxieties, sometimes I am able to shut off and not think at all, sometimes I think about boobs. Ehh, just whatever.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

I tend to engage in what I call "active" dreaming prior to falling asleep. It is a pleasurable experience for me where I get to funnel my emotions and role play with people and ideas in simulated situations. I get a lot of abstract thinking done when lying in bed deeply engaged in dream thinking, lol.

This is exactly what i do!
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    It's really strange, when I am faced with the prospect of Going To Bed, I find I really fight it. But if I'm given the opportunity to laze on a comfy couch and doze off in the middle of the day, I do it quite naturally and wake up quite refreshed even if I haven't technically 'slept'.
    lol, you've described me, even down to the capital letters for Going To Bed.

To answer the OP, I try not to think about anything before falling asleep, otherwise my mind gets buzzy and I don't really sleep for hours and when I do, it's kinda weird - I'm asleep and awake at the same time. Like, dreaming but still concious enough to drink some water or look at the alarm clock or blow my nose.

Anyways, if I do succumb to the temptation to think while lying in bed, it's usually replaying something interesting from the day, or thinking about friends/connections, or some new exciting idea that I'm turning over and over and rearranging my mental models of the world.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    INTj

I think about fixing that damn fan!
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

heart on fire

Almost the same for me, I spin stories of people I have never met and never will in all sorts of different situations. Sometimes I just lay there and let whatever abstract thoughts/feelings are coming to me pass before me.

My life is boring, why would I dwell on it before sleep?

For all the SJ out there, this is also what I am doing during the day when you are yelling at me: "Are you paying attention!?!"

the things that touch me at the moment