User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: The Forum Flow

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Post The Forum Flow

A thread to discuss how the forum is changing.

Lately I've noticed that I haven't split any threads. That's either because I've been reading less or because there haven't been too many spats lately. I think things are pretty chill right now, yeah? I kinda like it. It feels like Sunday afternoon. Pass the Bloody Mary.

We've got a lot of new people. I can't keep track of all of them, but when they argue or make me laugh, I make a mental note. At the same time, some posters seem to be taking a break. That's okay.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    A thread to discuss how the forum is changing.

Lately I've noticed that I haven't split any threads. That's either because I've been reading less or because there haven't been too many spats lately. I think things are pretty chill right now, yeah? I kinda like it. It feels like Sunday afternoon. Pass the Bloody Mary.

We've got a lot of new people. I can't keep track of all of them, but when they argue or make me laugh, I make a mental note. At the same time, some posters seem to be taking a break. That's okay.

I think to an extent you've mellowed out... so it's a projection of your current state of mind. Since you've been a mod, perhaps you've become a little more wheeeee about thread derails than you first were? Just a thought.

Secondly, yes, people are a bit more chill. For me, I'm probably projecting today's glorious English sunshine on to my disposition.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

I think there are less threads overall that go on digressions and such, since I haven't seen threads i would want to split either.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'd like to think people are becoming more okay with the "you can fluff or you can be totally super-serial, just put it where it goes" policy. Everything does seem pretty calm lately, but not the boring kind of calm. There have been some great discussions in the past week or two.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

It's because of the server. When someone wants to flame someone, they get several minutes to cool down before they can post a reply to anything.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

LOL

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Martoon View Post
    It's because of the server. When someone wants to flame someone, they get several minutes to cool down before they can post a reply to anything.
    Haha! That is so totally true! I can't count the number of times I've ripped into someone only to see that little circle spinning into oblivion.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Martoon View Post
    *Reads reply* :steam:

*Thinks up flaming retort*

*Clicks "Reply"*
    *Waits*

*Continues to wait*

*Blows up at slow server*

Now what was I going to write?

(Mission successful: Flaming has been thwarted.)

MBTI
    ENTP

Weird... the reason I've been 'taking a break' is precisely because I do feel like it's got boring and I have an intuition that part of the reason for that is that people are inhibited from being exciting (or even posting at all in some cases, if they're in any doubt as to whether it'll be 'approved') because of the rather heavy handed madmin-ing that's been happening recently... it's kinda changed to a distinctly introverted ambiance, not much is grabbing my interest. Just my perception, feel free to dismiss it
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INFP

I'm diggin the flow..

Our forum has been drinking its milk.