User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Thread: The Forum Flow

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

Quote Originally Posted by Substitute
    Weird... the reason I've been 'taking a break' is precisely because I do feel like it's got boring and I have an intuition that part of the reason for that is that people are inhibited from being exciting (or even posting at all in some cases, if they're in any doubt as to whether it'll be 'approved') because of the rather heavy handed madmin-ing that's been happening recently... it's kinda changed to a distinctly introverted ambiance, not much is grabbing my interest. Just my perception, feel free to dismiss it
    I didn't think this day would come.
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Stuff
    Substitute, you've completely switched your MO since beginning this thread. I don't know why you've decided to turn your passive-aggressive criticism of forum management into championing the plight of the poorly represented and downtrodden EP. I don't doubt for a minute that the EPs on this forum have very nimble fingers that would swiftly start a thread about their mistreatment. Are CaptainChick and whatever a figment of my imagination? If you have a concern about the underrepresentation of EP in madmin positions, why don't you ask outright instead of mixing apples, oranges, staplers, and motor oil?

Once again, I'm reiterating that on a multi-type forum there is some balancing that needs to occur. I'm an extrovert myself and this isn't my preferred mode of communication but I deal with it. There are some limiting factors just by the simple fact that this is written communication and it simply doesn't move as fast as verbal. If I were talking this conversation out I'd be hither and dither, but I'm not. It seems like you're dissatisfied more with the mode of communication than the communication itself.

If you think the side of effect of splitting/moving is it stops the flow of Ne/Se, then what of it? Don't you think other functions are inhibited as well? I doubt there's a lot of A+ Si running around here. You want the forum to change because it cramps your style? You're not the only one here, sir. Where's you adaptability and flex?!

The rest of your post about feeling sorry for our miscommunication, that I don't understand, etc. is rich. It created a laxative-like effect in my bowels. Please don't try to pawn it off on EPs in their haste to explore rarely realize the effects of their actions. I'll leave that one squarely on your doorstep.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    It created a laxative-like effect in my bowels.
    1. Read line above

2. Revisit thread title

3. Recoil in horror
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

I realize the tremendous irony given the current content of the thread at the moment, but some posts moved here.

That is actually a type of digression that I tend to split after a couple of posts or so if it seems to be rearing up, simply because it is easy to get a lot of "yum, that's good" type posts, that can take up a lot of pages in a thread and make it harder to read.

I don't remember too well thread splits, since I most of them were done in a couple weeks in march, and I haven't been doing much after that, but some other splits may just occur if 2-3 pages of something else that is quite different for the original topic. Most splits have been of the 3-word "(Pokes IVY in eye, ow)" type posts.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    I realize the tremendous irony given the current content of the thread at the moment, but some posts moved here.

That is actually a type of digression that I tend to split after a couple of posts or so if it seems to be rearing up, simply because it is easy to get a lot of "yum, that's good" type posts, that can take up a lot of pages in a thread and make it harder to read.
    In this thread, I read those drink posts as a way of people trying to diffuse the tension that had built up, not as fluff for the sake of fluff. I could have misread it, though.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    In this thread, I read those drink posts as a way of people trying to diffuse the tension that had built up, not as fluff for the sake of fluff. I could have misread it, though.
    You didn't misread anything, that's exactly what we were doing.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ENTP

OK Protean, at this point I can see there's no point trying to communicate with you if you're even willing to just sweep everything I say aside by attributing ulterior motives to me. I totally am in the ducking stool and can now officially do no right.

FTR I found your last reply extremely hurtful, totally unjustified and almost cried when I read it. I'm sure you'll find a way to not believe that, or twist it into further proof of what a bad person I am, but maybe someone else will believe I'm sincere. I am.

Newsflash: even I have feelings.

Now, if I can just find my flashlight, to make my way out from the shadow of the army of strawmen facing me, perhaps I can put this behind me and get on with the first day of homeschooling my daughter.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Sub we all have feelings including you.

Best wishes with the homeschooling. We are in a similar boat and I'm here to tell you that homeschooling isn't as bad as some (most) people think.

All of this (thread) isn't all that important at least from where I'm sitting. I for one am always open for discussion and sorting things out. Sometimes things are said irl and online that get misconstrued and getting back to where we were in the first place isn't always possible but moving forward is.

Miscommunication. It happens.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INXP

Yep.

It's pretty obvious, looking through this thread, that we all have different personalities.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    You didn't misread anything, that's exactly what we were doing.
    Right. And that's called derailing.

If you don't like the heat. . . then just stay out of the thread.

Go-go Forum Flow!
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight